Evidence towards Joseph Barnett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Although Barnett always appears reasonably high in any list of suspects I’ve personally never seen any real reason to suspect him. It’s certainly been a while since I’ve read Paley though (aren't there more than 2 authors promoting him btw?) If we consider him in the light of being a suspect it’s not the case that we would have to tie ourselves down to the ‘scare Kelly off the streets motive.’ Anyone could have underlying issues of some kind and I’ve never placed much weight on the ‘scare’ motive.

I often complain that there are far too many suspect books where the author simply selects somebody around at the time and then built a ‘case’ around them (Endacott the most recent of them) and I’m certain that others agree. If we bought every new book we would all be on a bread, cheese and water diet. In reality isn’t Barnett the first of these type of suspects? Can we blame Paley for starting a trend?
    I thought Macnaghten started the trend. I'm joking btw!

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

I thought Macnaghten started the trend. I'm joking btw!
      Many would agree with you Martyn

Have I spelt your name correctly?

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Many would agree with you Martyn

Have I spelt your name correctly?
        Yes it's "Martyn" thank you but I'm use to "Martin". Anything but "Marty"(!) is fine.

My take is that Druitt has a genuine place in the case but not as JTR. I believe he was "suicided". I believed he knew the identities of JTR (and Astrakhan). I'm aware of what I call "information paths" between Druitt and my candidates for JTR/Astrakhan. By information paths I just mean people Druitt must have known who very like would have known my two candidates and some of whom may have known about about a certain scandal relating to Astrakhan.

BTW My laptop keyboard has just stopped typing some letters. Am using another keyboard (via usb) otherwise my response would look like the typing equivalent of Norman Collier!

Comment

Yes it's "Martyn" thank you but I'm use to "Martin". Anything but "Marty"(!) is fine.

My take is that Druitt has a genuine place in the case but not as JTR. I believe he was "suicided". I believed he knew the identities of JTR (and Astrakhan). I'm aware of what I call "information paths" between Druitt and my candidates for JTR/Astrakhan. By information paths I just mean people Druitt must have known who very like would have known my two candidates and some of whom may have known about about a certain scandal relating to Astrakhan.

BTW My laptop keyboard has just stopped typing some letters. Am using another keyboard (via usb) otherwise my response would look like the typing equivalent of Norman Collier!
          Thanks Marti !

Comment

Something was telling me that it was Martyn but when I typed it I started to doubt myself.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dickere View Post

Thanks Marti !
              Very good. You got me!

Comment

My MJK suspect is John McCarthy, but that is based on coincidences not any hard evidence.

But I do not believe he was involved in any others.

Comment

Originally posted by FriedKidne View Post
                  My MJK suspect is John McCarthy, but that is based on coincidences not any hard evidence.

But I do not believe he was involved in any others.
                  Is there a thread for John McCarthy?

Comment

Nobody is game to say no
                    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

was Barnett or any other suspect at the time put in front or under the noses of Schawarz, Lawende or PC William Smith (Stride) who may have got a view of the possible Ripper?

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post
                        was Barnett or any other suspect at the time put in front or under the noses of Schawarz, Lawende or PC William Smith (Stride) who may have got a view of the possible Ripper?
                        koz and sadler were apparently for lawende

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

koz and sadler were apparently for lawende
                          If memory serves me, Grainger was too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

If memory serves me, Grainger was too.
                            Difference being Lawende identified Grainger as the person he saw near Mitre Square that night. Apparently one researcher has a photo of Grainger which is said to closely resemble Druitt.
                            They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
                            Out of a misty dream
                            Our path emerges for a while, then closes
                            Within a dream.
                            Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

Difference being Lawende identified Grainger as the person he saw near Mitre Square that night. Apparently one researcher has a photo of Grainger which is said to closely resemble Druitt.

Why would Lawende have identified Grainger, who, like Druitt, had a dark moustache, as a man he had described as having a fair moustache?

Comment

some times I wonder if its someones goal to be the latest post on EVERY thread on CB. good grief dude take a break, maybe go outside get some fresh air or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X