Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert:

"He admitted nothing of the kind."

Come on, Robert - cut the man some slack!

the best,
    Fisherman

Comment

• Ok Fisherman. What Barnett actually said was, "When I left her she was lying on the bed quite happy although she wasn't saying much."

Comment

• It's over...

Hi all,

Heinrich Maneuver will accept nothing less than full capitulation. We must declare Barnett the fiend and close the case. Casebook must be shut down; we all then must go home and get lives.....Any questions?

Greg

Comment

• Just the one. I mean, can we actually be REALLY, REALLY sure that ... you know ...?

Oh, awright, then. Sorry.

The best,
          Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Ok Fisherman. What Barnett actually said was, "When I left her she was lying on the bed quite happy although she wasn't saying much."
            Aha! ..... in other words he left her on the bed, smiling,... from ear to ear!

Is that an admission of guilt, or what!

Jon
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Jon,

That smiling from ear to ear comment was really sick. I kind of appreciated it, however.

Mike
              huh?

Comment

• Mike:

"That smiling from ear to ear comment was really sick. I kind of appreciated it, however."

Not too long-winded, then, I take it ...?

Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  Let's get this sorted out now.
                  "Joseph Barnett admits to being the last person seen in Mary Kelly company on the night of her murder."
                  He admitted nothing of the kind.
                  At Mary Kelly's inquest, Maria Harvey testified that she had spent the day with Mary Kelly and that she was with her when Joseph Barnett came-by on the night of the murder. Joseph Barnett, when asked if anyone was with Mary Kelly when he arrived, replied, "Yes, a woman who lives in the court. She left first, and I followed shortly afterwards."
                  This makes Joseph Barnett the only person who was last seen in Mary Kelly's company and who admitted as much.

Comment

• Heinrich -
                    So Mrs Cox was a liar ?
                    please explain why.

p.s. Heinrich, your example of suggesting I become a "novelist" as an example of your 'wit' (!) really did have me laughing !
                    -rest assured, I've had that cheap, sneery, patronizing put down before -and ALWAYS from pots calling the kettle black.

PS Heinrich -this is what Mary apparently told Lizzie Albrook (a friend, living in Miller's Court) " Albrook says "About the last thing she said to me was 'Whatever you do don't you do wrong and turn out as I did.' She had often spoken to me in this way and warned me against going on the street as she had done. She told me, too, that she was heartily sick of the life she was leading [/B

Don't you think that she might have said the same thing to Joe ?
                    How do you think that he might have responded if he cared for her ?
                    Last edited by Rubyretro; 08-12-2011, 10:52 PM.
                    http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• (sigh)

Heinrich, imagine that you walk into a room full of people and they are all quite ugly. One person says, "I admit it - I'm ugly." The others remain silent. It would be quite true to say "X was the only person to admit to being ugly."

Now imagine that the next night you walk into the same room, and all the people are quite good-looking except for poor old X who is sitting alone in a corner drowning his sorrows. X says, "I admit I am the only ugly person in the room."

Do you see the difference? Your phrase "admits to being the last person seen in Mary Kelly's company" is loaded. It carries strong and vaguely damning implications that nobody saw Mary Kelly in anyone else's company after Barnett's visit - in other words, that Barnett was the last person to see her alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                        Mike:

"That smiling from ear to ear comment was really sick. I kind of appreciated it, however."

Not too long-winded, then, I take it ...?

Fisherman
                        I was joking you Nordic Nightmare! I suppose you were too?

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

• Mike:

"I was joking you Nordic Nightmare! I suppose you were too?"

I WAS, actually!

Friends. Where would we be without them? In Kazakstan, perhaps ...?

The best,
                          Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post
                            Heinrich -
                            So Mrs Cox was a liar ?
                            please explain why.
                            No one corroborates Mary Ann Cox's evidence.

Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post
                            p.s. Heinrich, your example of suggesting I become a "novelist" as an example of your 'wit' (!) really did have me laughing !
                            It was meant to.

-rest assured, I've had that cheap, sneery, patronizing put down before ...
                            Drat! I thought I was being original.

Don't you think that she might have said the same thing to Joe ?
                            How do you think that he might have responded if he cared for her ?
                            I honestly don't know, Rubyretro.

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            Your phrase "admits to being the last person seen in Mary Kelly's company" is loaded. It carries strong and vaguely damning implications that nobody saw Mary Kelly in anyone else's company after Barnett's visit - in other words, that Barnett was the last person to see her alive.
                            Yes, Robert, a jury would have been duly impressed methinks.

Comment

• Cut him some slack?
                              Why?
                              According to the big H he wasn't so generous towards Kelly

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinrich View Post
                                No one corroborates Mary Ann Cox's evidence.

Actually two people corroborate her evidence.

curious

Comment

Working...
                                X