Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Rumbelow original?

Afternoon everyone
    Bit of a stab in the dark here and I'm hoping someone can help out.
    Does anyone happen to possess the 1975 original? Later versions of the book have used MJK2
    If so,would it be possible to scan and upload MJK1 from there and hopefully it's not been cropped.
    The MJK1 on the site is actually MJK2
    Would be most grateful if someone could help out
    Thanks in advance
    On a side note does anyone know if MJK1 still exists or has it been destroyed,sprouted wings, vanished??
    Seems that the national archives only list one MJK photo so that'll be the airbrushed digital version where even the creases have disappeared
    You can lead a horse to water.....

Anyone???
    An uploaded snap from a mobile will probably suffice lol

Comment

I have the 1976 edition by W H Allen, a Star Book.
      The Complete Jack the Ripper.

The MJK photo is the body on the bed, full view, but cropped to fit.
      I tend to lose track of the designation MJK1/MJK2, etc.
      So I wouldn't know if it is what you are looking for.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        I have the 1976 edition by W H Allen, a Star Book.
        The Complete Jack the Ripper.

The MJK photo is the body on the bed, full view, but cropped to fit.
        I tend to lose track of the designation MJK1/MJK2, etc.
        So I wouldn't know if it is what you are looking for.
        Thanks Wickerman
        Has to be MJK1.... MJK2 was in the possession of our favourite horder until the late eighties lol
        I've seen them cropped in various places, I need it to show only maybe quarter of an inch more (in photo terms) at the top than either Paul Begg's uncensored or Daniel Farson. If it's really cropped like knights it's no use
        Thanks anyway, if you think it's worth posting from what I've said would be great if you could do so

Comment

The 1976 publication I referred to shows less at the top than the one published in Farson's 1972 version.

I have them both here side by side and Rumbelows version is slightly cropped at the top as you say.

I'm having trouble with my scanner otherwise I could show you.

(Just checked Knight's version, which is cropped a little more than the 1976 Rumbelow version)
          Last edited by Wickerman; 10-07-2015, 04:41 PM.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            The 1976 publication I referred to shows less at the top than the one published in Farson's 1972 version.

I have them both here side by side and Rumbelows version is slightly cropped at the top as you say.

I'm having trouble with my scanner otherwise I could show you.

(Just checked Knight's version, which is cropped a little more than the 1976 Rumbelow version)
            Thanks Wickerman
            Looks like I've already got the 3 best versions out there in Overton fuller,fairclough and Sugden unless someone can confirm that the original is still in existence
            MJK2 is either a different photo with the flash centred on the wall or it is a modified image in some way. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now but as it arrived in the post it doesn't carry equal weight to MJK1 in my eyes which we know Rumbelow found at the city police photographic department so basically it has the best provenance

Comment

Working...
            X