Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJK millers court photo

Evening guys
    Anyone know which was the first book to contain the photo from inside millers court please?
    You can lead a horse to water.....

Yes

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
      Yes

Monty
      why thank you Monty...
      Any chance of a clue?? Chief suspect will do lol

Comment

Hello Packers Stem,

The Police Journal in 1969 saw the first publication of MJK1
        In book form, Daniel Farson's "Jack the Ripper" in 1972 before the finder, Donald Rumbelow himself published it in his own book in 1975 "The Complete Jack the Ripper". Thereafter in Stephen Knights book "Jack the Ripper, The Final Solution" in 1976.

Hope this helps. ☺

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
          Hello Packers Stem,

The Police Journal in 1969 saw the first publication of MJK1
          In book form, Daniel Farson's "Jack the Ripper" in 1972 before the finder, Donald Rumbelow himself published it in his own book in 1975 "The Complete Jack the Ripper". Thereafter in Stephen Knights book "Jack the Ripper, The Final Solution" in 1976.

Hope this helps. ☺

Phil

Wasn't it published in France even earlier.

Or was that MJK3
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Many thanks Phil
            I'll get Dan Farson's book ordered... Don't mind spending Ł1.30 which is the Amazon price
            Seems also that Alexandre lacassagne had it in a book in 1899....cant imagine the quality would be up to much though,reckon the chances of getting my hands on it would be pretty slim also... Unless anyone on here happens to possess a copy?

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              Wasn't it published in France even earlier.

Or was that MJK3
              MJK3 was from the other side of the bed I think

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                Many thanks Phil
                I'll get Dan Farson's book ordered... Don't mind spending Ł1.30 which is the Amazon price
                Seems also that Alexandre lacassagne had it in a book in 1899....cant imagine the quality would be up to much though,reckon the chances of getting my hands on it would be pretty slim also... Unless anyone on here happens to possess a copy?
                That's the one I was thinking of Lacassagne, I believe was the first publication.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Catherine Eddowes' mortuary picture is also in the same book.

Comment

That's the one I was thinking of Lacassagne, I believe was the first publication.
                    Hi GUT,

Yes.

I was thinking in terms of relatively available books from the more modern era when I replied.. as it seemed that packers stem wanted to get said book.

I doubt if Lacassagne is available at the local Charity shop. lol :-)

from the excellent Stewart Evans dissertation on here..

Vacher l'Eventreur et les Crimes Sadiques, Lacassagne, Lyons/Paris 1899, presumably an original print additional to the above, current location not known.
                    Police Journal, 1969 - CLP/MJK1.
                    Jack the Ripper, Farson, 1972 - CLP/MJK1.
                    The Complete Jack the Ripper, Rumbelow, 1975 - CLP/MJK1.
                    Jack the Ripper, The Final Solution, Knight, 1976 [close-up] - CLP/MJK1.
                    The Complete Jack the Ripper, Rumbelow, 1987 - CLP/MJK1.
                    Jack the Ripper: 100 Years of Mystery, Underwood, 1987 [close-up] - CLP/MJK1.
                    Jack the Ripper the Uncensored Facts, Begg, 1988 [close-up] - CLP/MJK1.
                    New Murderers' Who's Who, Gaute/Odell, 1989 [close-up] - CLP/MJK1.
                    Jack the Ripper the Mystery Solved, Harrison, 1991 [close-up] - CLP/MJK1.
                    The Ripper and the Royals, Fairclough, 1991 - CLP/MJK1.
                    The Jack the Ripper A - Z, Begg/Fido/Skinner, 1991 [close-up] - CLP/MJK1.
                    Diary of Jack the Ripper, Harrison, 1993 [in album with crack] - NSY/MJK2.
                    The Black Museum, Waddell, Waddell, 1993 [reversed!] - NSY/MJK2.
                    The Complete History of Jack the Ripper, Sugden, 1994 [close-up] - CLP/MJK1.
                    The Lodger, Evans/Gainey, 1995 [no damage] - NSY/MJK2.
                    Jack the Ripper the Simple Truth, Paley, 1995 [with crack] - NSY/MJK2.
                    Jack the Ripper A - Z, Begg/Fido/Skinner, 1996 p/b [close-up with crack] - NSY/MJK2.
                    The Secret of Prisoner 1167, Tully, 1997 [close-up] - CLP/MJK1.
                    Jack the Ripper Whitechapel Murders, O'Donnell, 1997 [close-up] - CLP/MJK1.
                    Le Livre Rouge de Jack l'Eventreur, Bourgoin, 1998 - CLP/MJK1.

Phil
                    Last edited by Phil Carter; 10-02-2015, 01:46 AM.
                    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi GUT,

Yes.

I was thinking in terms of relatively available books from the more modern era when I replied.. as it seemed that packers stem wanted to get said book.

I doubt if Lacassagne is available at the local Charity shop. lol :-)

Phil
                      You'd have to be lucky.
                      G U T

Comment

Hello packers stem, GUT,

Just as an added note..if you think the 1899 book is rare... try this.

Robert McLaughlin discovered a vey rare and obscure book written by a French medical student named André Lamoureux in 1894 "De l'Éventration au point-de-vue medico-legal"
                        Inside the book was a single photograph of Mary Jane Kelly. This book therefore preceeds Lacassagne's Vacher l'Eventreur by some five years or so and can be considered the earliest publication containing a printed photo of Mary Jane Kelly.

Robert McLaughlins book, in itself, is pretty hard to get hold of too.

The First Jack the Ripper Victim Photographs

Robert McLaughlin, Zwerghaus Books, October 2003.
                        ISBN: 0-9733794-0-5

Phil
                        Last edited by Phil Carter; 10-02-2015, 03:17 AM.
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Hello packers stem, GUT,

Just as an added note..if you think the 1899 book is rare... try this.

Robert McLaughlin discovered a vey rare and obscure book written by a French medical student named André Lamoureux in 1894 "De l'Éventration au point-de-vue medico-legal"
                          Inside the book was a single photograph of Mary Jane Kelly. This book therefore preceeds Lacassagne's Vacher l'Eventreur by some five years or so and can be considered the earliest publication containing a printed photo of Mary Jane Kelly.

Robert McLaughlins book, in itself, is pretty hard to get hold of too.

The First Jack the Ripper Victim Photographs

Robert McLaughlin, Zwerghaus Books, October 2003.
                          ISBN: 0-9733794-0-5

Phil
                          That's where I frst heard of it, McLaughlin. a good friend had that book and his library was promised to me on his death, by the time he died he had remarried and naturally everything went to his wife, she unfortunately disposed of his library and I know not where the book ended up.
                          G U T

Comment

That's where I frst heard of it, McLaughlin. a good friend had that book and his library was promised to me on his death, by the time he died he had remarried and naturally everything went to his wife, she unfortunately disposed of his library and I know not where the book ended up.
                            Hello GUT,

Try getting hold of an original André Lamoureux 1894 "De l'Éventration au point-de-vue medico-legal"!!!

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and the misfortune over his collection.

Phil
                            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Hello GUT,

Try getting hold of an original André Lamoureux 1894 "De l'Éventration au point-de-vue medico-legal"!!!

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and the misfortune over his collection.

Phil
                              Probably the first person I knew who had a library.

It was his wife's prerogative to do with t as she wished (in my opinion) though am sad it wasn't passed on to either myself as he wished or his family, I know his son in law would have treasured it.

There wasn't much ripper related in it, mainly history, photography and theology.
                              G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X