Geoprofiling - The other side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoprofiling - The other side

Of course we have heard/read theories about Geoprofiling. People living in the middle of the murder sites are more likely to be the killer etc etc...

However could this be looked at from a different point of view. For example it was not important Jack had the geographical links to the murder sites it was the poor victims.

I don’t think that it’s even remotely relevant that the killer might have had links to the sites. It's just a more technical way of saying that the killer might have been local.

An interesting question might be (and I really have no answer) - if we enclosed an area on the map which included the c5 locations and Doveton Street then how many serial killers murdered 5 victims within such a tight area as the one that we have here?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      I don’t think that it’s even remotely relevant that the killer might have had links to the sites. It's just a more technical way of saying that the killer might have been local.

An interesting question might be (and I really have no answer) - if we enclosed an area on the map which included the c5 locations and Doveton Street then how many serial killers murdered 5 victims within such a tight area as the one that we have here?
      Maybe what I'm suggesting is did the killer take the woman to the spots or did the woman take the killer?

Obviously areas of killing would be larger nowadays with the advance in transportation and Nike trainers etc...

Comment

I think it's unlikely that the Ripper could have gotten away with all his crimes if he wasn't very familiar with the area, and unlikely that someone would have that familiarity if he didn't live, work, or spend lots of time in the area. I believe that geoprofiling is about the murder sites only to the extent that the murder sites help define the area of interest for the killer. The victims would have also had links to the area.

Comment

With the intense scrutiny in the area if he was not located and at ease there then surely he would widened his locale. He had the whole of London to work in yet he kept centred on this area. It could also point to limited means to travel.
          I know this was a particular poor part of London with large amounts of people, crime and prostitution. Was this unique to this area of where other parts of London prone to this?
          George B

Comment

Originally posted by Georgeb View Post
            With the intense scrutiny in the area if he was not located and at ease there then surely he would widened his locale. He had the whole of London to work in yet he kept centred on this area. It could also point to limited means to travel.
            I know this was a particular poor part of London with large amounts of people, crime and prostitution. Was this unique to this area of where other parts of London prone to this?
            Hi, would you consider since he did not widen his area of killing that the victims may have been actually targeted for some reason or another?

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

Hi, would you consider since he did not widen his area of killing that the victims may have been actually targeted for some reason or another?
              Not sure if id go that far. He clearly had a type vulnerable and drunk. To have specific targets in mind it sounds as if he would have stalked the victims. In my mind he seems more an opportunist killer who struck when an advantage presented itself. If he did target individuals would be have murdered them in such risky places?
              George B

Comment

Working...
              X