Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Ok lets try one more time shall we

, Me ''There is enough evidence to suggest they are the 3 worse suspects we have. ''Just my opinion based on the evidence herlock'' [clearly you ignored this bit]

You ''To put a man named by the Chief Constable of the Met in the same bracket as Lewis Carroll and people like Van Gogh is not a sustainable suggestion.''

Me ''I have no interest in Lewis Carrol or Van Gogh as far as Jack the Ripper suspects go ''

Ive made it as clear as day Herlock that i dont consider L.C and V.G suspects, that YOU consider them suspects is of no importants or relevance to me regarding my original comment . So how then is my first point wrong when it was followed up with my response to your Carroll/Gogh point ? Perhaps you think i should have named all 200 plus suspects after my statement.

You ''So as we can see from those two posts you originally said that ‘the three worse suspects’ of all of the suspects and after I challenged you on that point you’ve used a bit of wordplay to shift your position slightly to make them the worst of those ‘who are continually mentioned here’. It’s provably a move from the worst of all the suspects to the worst of those regularly mentioned on here

Its here where you are simply confused herlock , you challenged me and i clarified it as explained above, but it obviously ignored it, and now it is you who are guilty of a little word play that you so endlessly enjoy.

You. Now that I’ve hopefully cleared that up (unless you decided on some other change) I can re-state my original point that it makes no sense to place Druitt at the bottom as one of the worst three because that would mean that you rated him (and Cross and Maybrick) as worse suspects that Prince Albert Victor, Arthur Conan Doyle, Mary Pearcey or Macnaghten himself.

​1 Druitt .

2.Lechmere

3.Maybrick

Yes they are in my opinion the 3 worse suspect compared to the ''serious suspects that we know'' of, that who are continually mentioned here and have been debated at length over a long period of time. Your above point is irrelevant, as is plain to see.

You
    Ive no wish to continue this but I wanted to clear up that specific point. My apologies to Tani who began the thread to discuss geoprofiling before we went off on a tangent

You only confused it . Yes of course you should apologize, you cant help but 'Argue to Death' every ''Opinion'' post i make like its somehow wrong because you dont agree with it. In the end, all youll do is get us chucked off yet another thread.

This really should be the end of this Druitt saga . But who knows .

​In an interview with the Pall Mall Gazette in 1903, Abberline is quoted as saying:-
    ''I know all about that story. But what does it amount to? Simply this. Soon after the last murder in Whitechapel the body of a young doctor was found in the Thames, but there is absolutely nothing beyond the fact that he was found at that time to incriminate him. ”

Good enough for the Top Investigator of the Ripper murders is good enough for me . I see no reason to think otherwise, even from a chief constable whos Memoranda seems to be littered with errors.
    All of the above is exactly as I said, wordplay.

You only added the ‘compared to the serious suspects’ after I challenged you.

The end.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

All of the above is exactly as I said, wordplay.

You only added the ‘compared to the serious suspects’ after I challenged you.

The end.
      On this thread it is . Druitt remains in the to 3 worst suspects imo, nothing in the above post changes that .

Comment

On this thread it is . Druitt remains in the to 3 worst suspects imo, nothing in the above post changes that .
        As long as I’ve shown my point. Maybe I’ll start another thread entitled ‘Why Druitt Is Around a Thousand Times More Likely To Have Been The Ripper Than Gull’?
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Meanwhile, back to the geoprofiling issue; my vote was for it being useful.

Can we please stay on the topic?
          Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
            Meanwhile, back to the geoprofiling issue; my vote was for it being useful.

Can we please stay on the topic?
            Well said Enigma. I also vote for geoprofiling being useful.

Perhaps the protagonists on this forum could investigate membership of a cage fighting club to resolve their differences rather than dragging threads off topic?
            Last edited by GBinOz; 05-22-2024, 12:26 PM.
            It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. It shall be life. - Ten Bears

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. - Bladerunner

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

How useful actually is Geoprofiling? Do serial killers always kill in the area where they live? Or do they as some have suggested tend to kill slightly away from where they live? For example a neighbouring area.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                How useful actually is Geoprofiling? Do serial killers always kill in the area where they live? Or do they as some have suggested tend to kill slightly away from where they live? For example a neighbouring area.
                The thing about these cases John is the fact that they all...the alleged Ripper kills...happened within a single square mile. On streets that often dead ended or twisted into other streets. Lanes, side streets...the area that Jack operated within was uniquely convoluted, having grown from simple major thoroughfares to something with connective lanes, alleys and passageways. Local knowledge, although not a prerequisite for the killer, would explain how he seemingly disappeared from the crime scenes. He may have arrived at those sites using the same "secure" route. "Secure" being less travelled and less well known alleys.

Which is why geoprofiling may offer some real insight. But......and few people suggest this.......what if he did not stay in one location very long? What if he moved around the many lodging houses in the area during those 2 1/2 months? What if he had a bolt hole in the area, but lived on the West Side?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

The thing about these cases John is the fact that they all...the alleged Ripper kills...happened within a single square mile. On streets that often dead ended or twisted into other streets. Lanes, side streets...the area that Jack operated within was uniquely convoluted, having grown from simple major thoroughfares to something with connective lanes, alleys and passageways. Local knowledge, although not a prerequisite for the killer, would explain how he seemingly disappeared from the crime scenes. He may have arrived at those sites using the same "secure" route. "Secure" being less travelled and less well known alleys.

Which is why geoprofiling may offer some real insight. But......and few people suggest this.......what if he did not stay in one location very long? What if he moved around the many lodging houses in the area during those 2 1/2 months? What if he had a bolt hole in the area, but lived on the West Side?
                  Hi Michael

I think it likely the Ripper had a bolt hole in Whitechapel but might not have lived in Whitechapel itself.

Cheers John

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Hi Michael

I think it likely the Ripper had a bolt hole in Whitechapel but might not have lived in Whitechapel itself.

Cheers John
                    The issue with a commuter is that he would be limited to the operating hours of trains. These murders, excluding Liz's, would be after trains had stopped running. Now, if he stays over in the bolt hole then leaves the next morning, maybe. There is a lingering issue that may relate to where he lived and what he did......the gap between Annie then Liz, and from Liz to Mary. Polly and Annie were killed within 2 weeks. The that annoying gap until LIz, who is cut only once, and Kate, who is the only "Ripper" victim on City land. What Im hinting at is this...what if Liz and Kate were killed by different people and neither was Jack? Shall we then assume he doesnt kill in the East End from early September until early Nov? Or should we question whether Mary was in fact a Ripper victim....which could suggest that after Annie, that man just left the area?

Each assumption once questioned raises a myriad of new questions, which doesnt mean that we are better off just assuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

The issue with a commuter is that he would be limited to the operating hours of trains. These murders, excluding Liz's, would be after trains had stopped running. Now, if he stays over in the bolt hole then leaves the next morning, maybe. There is a lingering issue that may relate to where he lived and what he did......the gap between Annie then Liz, and from Liz to Mary. Polly and Annie were killed within 2 weeks. The that annoying gap until LIz, who is cut only once, and Kate, who is the only "Ripper" victim on City land. What Im hinting at is this...what if Liz and Kate were killed by different people and neither was Jack? Shall we then assume he doesnt kill in the East End from early September until early Nov? Or should we question whether Mary was in fact a Ripper victim....which could suggest that after Annie, that man just left the area?

Each assumption once questioned raises a myriad of new questions, which doesnt mean that we are better off just assuming.
                      Hi Michael

I never said anything about how far he had to commute. The Ripper could well have lived in a neighbouring part of London within walking distance or could have commuted by horse and cart. He doesn't necessarily have to have commuted by train. I believe Jack killed atleast 4 of the C5. I'm undecided on Liz Stride. I think the idea that they were numerous violent knife mutilators in Whitechapel at the same time all of a sudden to be fanciful.

Cheers John

Comment

As long as I’ve shown my point. Maybe I’ll start another thread entitled ‘Why Druitt Is Around a Thousand Times More Likely To Have Been The Ripper Than Gull’?
                        No ,All you did was waste time and argue a point simply for argument sake, because I happen to have an opinion that differs to yours .Nothing more .

Comment

No ,All you did was waste time and argue a point simply for argument sake, because I happen to have an opinion that differs to yours .Nothing more .
                          It’s there to be read in black and white. I’m happy to leave it at that.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

It’s there to be read in black and white. I’m happy to leave it at that.
                            Indeed it is , I was happy after post #23 .

Comment

After years of processing all the available data, "Deep Thought" finally and conclusively reports: JTR lived somewhere in London.

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
                                After years of processing all the available data, "Deep Thought" finally and conclusively reports: JTR lived somewhere in London.

JTR could have lived in Essex and used the rail network to commute in and out of the East End.

Just throwing that grenade into the pot

RD
                                "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Working...
                                X