Number 13 Enhanced Images 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 13 Enhanced Images 2023

Some new digitally remastered, enhanced and expanded photos of 13 Miller's Court.

My intention here was to 'zoom out' from the original tight and cropped photo of MJK2 to give us a view of the whole bed, the side table and the floor.
    I think it turned out quite well!

Please let me know your thoughts on the various renders
    thanks
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Fascinating work
    Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
    JayHartley.com

Comment

Sorry, I changed the link and the first post in this thread is therefore broken now!
      There's no way to edit posts on these forums, which is frustrating and leads to there being tons of posts here that are broken.

Anyway, here is the correct link:

Also, if you go to a link of mine on the Jtr3D.com website and it's broken, just visit the main page of the website and search for the post you're looking for.

Comment

Pure class and exceptional effort

Bravo to you!

I do love the added subtle extras in the added wide shot photos that display the entirety of the bed.

Is that a note/letter placed on the floor by the end/corner of the bed?

From the killer perhaps

RD

"Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
          Pure class and exceptional effort

Bravo to you!

I do love the added subtle extras in the added wide shot photos that display the entirety of the bed.

Is that a note/letter placed on the floor by the end/corner of the bed?

From the killer perhaps

RD
          Thanks for the nice comment

The bit of paper/note was actually placed by the AI software. I had nothing to do with it! Literally, the AI algorithms create the new parts of the photo as it sees fit and then I edit and manipulate it until I get the result I like/need. I saw that bit of paper/note and also thought it looked intriguing so I kept it in.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post

Thanks for the nice comment

The bit of paper/note was actually placed by the AI software. I had nothing to do with it! Literally, the AI algorithms create the new parts of the photo as it sees fit and then I edit and manipulate it until I get the result I like/need. I saw that bit of paper/note and also thought it looked intriguing so I kept it in.

thanks
            That tell us something about AI by appearing to have automatically created a note/letter.
            I think you made the right choice to leave it in.

May I just say that the level of effort, time and skill involved to create those multiple enhanced photos, to the incredible standard to which you have made them, is absolutely astonishing.
            You are helping to bring MJK and the room at 13 Miller's Court to life in the most amazing way and I think it's work like this that really helps to drive the case forward and keep it alive.

I find your work refreshing, intriguing and captivating, and it is a nice balance to some of the threads that lose their way with thousands of posts that descend into chaos.

Thank you so much for such brilliant contributions to the site and I am absolutely in awe of your talent and professional application of your work.

Kindest regards

RD

Comment

That tell us something about AI by appearing to have automatically created a note/letter.
              I think you made the right choice to leave it in.

May I just say that the level of effort, time and skill involved to create those multiple enhanced photos, to the incredible standard to which you have made them, is absolutely astonishing.
              You are helping to bring MJK and the room at 13 Miller's Court to life in the most amazing way and I think it's work like this that really helps to drive the case forward and keep it alive.

I find your work refreshing, intriguing and captivating, and it is a nice balance to some of the threads that lose their way with thousands of posts that descend into chaos.

Thank you so much for such brilliant contributions to the site and I am absolutely in awe of your talent and professional application of your work.

Kindest regards

RD
              Thanks, but the talent is 100% with the tools (software) I've been using. Literally, anyone could do it. And mostly they are free to use tools found online.
              The advent of Ai in the last 6 months has certainly provided new opportunities to do things like this.

Many thanks for the kind words, nonetheless!

Comment

Bravo. Some great work
                Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Richard, is your pre-enhanced version of the photo; ergo, the photograph upon which you based your enhancement; is that the original photo; or has that also been modified?

I ask because I just wanted to establish the source of the photo you used before you implemented your amazing work on enhancement.

Many thanks

RD

Comment

Richard, is your pre-enhanced version of the photo; ergo, the photograph upon which you based your enhancement; is that the original photo; or has that also been modified?

I ask because I just wanted to establish the source of the photo you used before you implemented your amazing work on enhancement.

Many thanks

RD
                    I can't be sure, but I THINK the original photo is an enhanced version of a photo I found online.

I think I enhanced that version and then continued by expanding the enhanced version to get the result.

The original source of the photo (for me) was simply finding one online that was the clearest version of the thousands that are spread across the internet. And ALL of these images are multi-generation copies of the 'original' which itself is a multi-geneation copy of the 'original'. And I bet that the very first copy of the photo (wherever that is) is NOT an original but perhaps a first-generation copy.

What I'm saying is the photo we have of Mary in-situ is probably (certainly) corrupted and vastly different from the real-and-proper original photograph. Things like the 'FM'/splatters allegedly seen on the partition wall were either not there in the first place and 'appeared' as the photo was copied then detail was degraded/added/obliterated during the ageing/copying process over the years, or, if they were there then the same thing applies - maybe a scratch or damaged part of the photo became a knife cut on Mary's face or the splatters on the partition wall were damaged parts of the photo/negative emulsion which ended up looking like 'FM' initials scratched or 'written in blood' on the partition?

So, I've no real idea where the original (I used) came from but I would very much like to have access the THE original!

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post

I can't be sure, but I THINK the original photo is an enhanced version of a photo I found online.

I think I enhanced that version and then continued by expanding the enhanced version to get the result.

The original source of the photo (for me) was simply finding one online that was the clearest version of the thousands that are spread across the internet. And ALL of these images are multi-generation copies of the 'original' which itself is a multi-geneation copy of the 'original'. And I bet that the very first copy of the photo (wherever that is) is NOT an original but perhaps a first-generation copy.

What I'm saying is the photo we have of Mary in-situ is probably (certainly) corrupted and vastly different from the real-and-proper original photograph. Things like the 'FM'/splatters allegedly seen on the partition wall were either not there in the first place and 'appeared' as the photo was copied then detail was degraded/added/obliterated during the ageing/copying process over the years, or, if they were there then the same thing applies - maybe a scratch or damaged part of the photo became a knife cut on Mary's face or the splatters on the partition wall were damaged parts of the photo/negative emulsion which ended up looking like 'FM' initials scratched or 'written in blood' on the partition?

So, I've no real idea where the original (I used) came from but I would very much like to have access the THE original!
                      Thank you for clarifying that Richard

The reason why I ask; is because it appears to me that there are letters written on the wall; but not the infamous "FM" (which doesn't say FM anyway)

I am referring to your pre-enhanced version and NOT the one you worked on so to speak

I wanted to ask your opinion about other letters written on the wall; and whether there's a chance they've been added OR were written on the original photo.

Here is what I am referring to...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jack the Ripper Mary Kelly WRITING ON THE WALL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.1 KB ID:	826621
                      as you can see, the so-called "FM" are there at the bottom right.

But it's not there that interests me, it's the letters on the top left.

Here is the area zoomed in...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jack the Ripper Mary Kelly WRITING ON THE WALL 02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.7 KB ID:	826622

If you're able to tilt/move your screen as you look at the image, the letters appear clearer.

Look back at the first photo I uploaded and it looks even more apparent.

If you look at your -pre-enhanced photo, it's there also.

Is this my mind playing tricks?

Bearing in mind that I have never believed the FM nonsense, and so this comes from a place of genuine objectivity and with no agenda to promote a particular suspect.

Looking at those letters, it looks to me that the words

WAS
                      MARY

are written one word above the other.

Unlike the alleged "FM" that is harsh think lines and not a natural formation of letters; ergo; could be explained as you said above...

The area I am referring to, the POSSIBLE letters have a more organic flow as though someone has signed or written letters to form words on the wall directly above and between MJK's deliberate arm placement by the killer.

The question is... does this appear on the original photo?

Or moreover, would this be visible on the original photo?

I may be talking absolute nonsense but that little voice in my head is nudging me to wonder whether I have found something that hasn't been noticed before.

Thoughts please

RD
                      Last edited by The Rookie Detective; 12-02-2023, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying that Richard

The reason why I ask; is because it appears to me that there are letters written on the wall; but not the infamous "FM" (which doesn't say FM anyway)

I am referring to your pre-enhanced version and NOT the one you worked on so to speak

I wanted to ask your opinion about other letters written on the wall; and whether there's a chance they've been added OR were written on the original photo.

Here is what I am referring to...

Click image for larger version Name:	Jack the Ripper Mary Kelly WRITING ON THE WALL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.1 KB ID:	826621
                        as you can see, the so-called "FM" are there at the bottom right.

But it's not there that interests me, it's the letters on the top left.

Here is the area zoomed in...

Click image for larger version Name:	Jack the Ripper Mary Kelly WRITING ON THE WALL 02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.7 KB ID:	826622

If you're able to tilt/move your screen as you look at the image, the letters appear clearer.

Look back at the first photo I uploaded and it looks even more apparent.

If you look at your -pre-enhanced photo, it's there also.

Is this my mind playing tricks?

Bearing in mind that I have never believed the FM nonsense, and so this comes from a place of genuine objectivity and with no agenda to promote a particular suspect.

Looking at those letters, it looks to me that the words

WAS
                        MARY

are written one word above the other.

Unlike the alleged "FM" that is harsh think lines and not a natural formation of letters; ergo; could be explained as you said above...

The area I am referring to, the POSSIBLE letters have a more organic flow as though someone has signed or written letters to form words on the wall directly above and between MJK's deliberate arm placement by the killer.

The question is... does this appear on the original photo?

Or moreover, would this be visible on the original photo?

I may be talking absolute nonsense but that little voice in my head is nudging me to wonder whether I have found something that hasn't been noticed before.

Thoughts please

RD
                        I think it's just good 'ol Pareidolia at work.

Comment

Working...
                        X