X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi barnflatwyngarde,

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
    Really good stuff Jeff.

I have always thought that detailed maps and 3D simulations would be the way forward in this fascinating case.

Could you tell me what maps you were using, and give a link to them, also what software were you using in the Youtube videos?
    Thanks. I use the OS 25 inch, 1892-1914 overlay (you select them in the lower box at "2.") here: https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoo...layers=168&b=1

I take a screen shot then save the image to my computer.

I've written the software myself using Delphi (basically Pascal for Windows). Over the years, as I use it, I've realised that there are some things I need to work on "under the hood" to make it a bit more versatile, but that will require finding a bit of time.

- Jeff

Comment

Hi Ms Diddles,

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

I thought you had a very nice calming voice, Jeff!

If you ever fancied a change of career you would make an excellent hypnotherapist or hostage negotiator!!
      <blush> You're too kind.

Wait, ... maybe you're saying I put people to sleep? ha ha

- Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Excellent. A very well thought out animation.

One thing I've always puzzled over. Why did an H Division PC [Mizen] have to go all the way to Bethnal Green [J Division] to fetch an ambulance?

Did H Division not have one of its own?

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
          Hi Jeff,

Excellent. A very well thought out animation.

One thing I've always puzzled over. Why did an H Division PC [Mizen] have to go all the way to Bethnal Green [J Division] to fetch an ambulance?

Did H Division not have one of its own?

Simon
          Thanks Simon. I don't know about why he went to BG, but apparently he did. There probably was a reason for it, and someone may know what could have influenced his choice, but that's not me I'm afraid.

- Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post
            Hi barnflatwyngarde,

Thanks. I use the OS 25 inch, 1892-1914 overlay (you select them in the lower box at "2.") here: https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoo...layers=168&b=1

I take a screen shot then save the image to my computer.

I've written the software myself using Delphi (basically Pascal for Windows). Over the years, as I use it, I've realised that there are some things I need to work on "under the hood" to make it a bit more versatile, but that will require finding a bit of time.

- Jeff
            Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.
              No problem.

- Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X