Kearley & Tonge bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATTENTION...IAAOSwHHxf8M~T

How about this one as the basis for a conspiracy theory?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dupin View Post
      The Pride of Spitalfields: lovely pub. Alas, it has a high TripAdvisor rating so it can be difficult to get a pint at all.
      Despite its name I think it is really in a place called Whitechapel. Nothing much ever happened there: move along.
      Dupin.
      My last pint in London last year at Xmas was in the Pride of Spitalfields. Not been home since, flipping covid!

Strange I was just thinking of that place (probably of that last pint), do we know if it was open in 1888?

Tristan
      Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Originally posted by Losmandris View Post

My last pint in London last year at Xmas was in the Pride of Spitalfields. Not been home since, flipping covid!

Strange I was just thinking of that place (probably of that last pint), do we know if it was open in 1888?

Tristan
        In 1889 was listed as a beer retailer ran by James Stewart later became the Romford Arms and name changed 1983!, hope that answers you question Tristain!!

Comment

Interesting! If I am right in remembering it is just over the way from what used to be the frying pan pub, of Nichols fame, on brick lane!

Tristan
          Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
            Interesting! If I am right in remembering it is just over the way from what used to be the frying pan pub, of Nichols fame, on brick lane!

Tristan
            Correct Heneage Street!!

Comment

There was a brewery connected to the old pub on the site 3-7 Heneage St, John Turner & Sons. Not sure what the name was then, if any. It became the Romford arms when it started being supplied by the Star brewery in Romford, possibly around 1891. The two breweries may be connected, but Turner's moved to another location soon after. The pub remained. It became the Pride of Spitalfields when the supplying brewery changed to Fullers.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                Important piece of kit.

Anyone else know what it is? Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	749234
                I think that is a boot-hook for pulling on those tall cavalry boots.
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

I think that is a boot-hook for pulling on those tall cavalry boots.
                  Close

It is a spats hook,used for buttoning up spats.
                  My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

Close

It is a spats hook,used for buttoning up spats.
                    Yes, I saw that in the other replies, lol. Oh well, close but no cigar ... (not that I'd WANT a cigar, unless it was chocolate!)

Last edited by Pcdunn; 08-05-2021, 09:37 AM. Reason: Fixing something
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

Working...
                    X