Kearley & Tonge bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caz View Post

My late father-in-law used to make his own version of Baileys Irish Cream with Camp coffee. He only drank tea or Young's beer himself, but all the females in the family thought his Irish Cream recipe was delicious.

Love,

Caz
    X
    Might explain a lot Caz
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

caz
      Ah Young's beer, doh
      (_8-(|)_
      [tastes awful now IMHO]

Comment

Originally posted by Dupin View Post
        caz
        Ah Young's beer, doh
        (_8-(|)_
        [tastes awful now IMHO]
        Young's make a nice chocolate stout. I'm not generally in favour of adulterating stout with needless flavours, but it's a well done brew.
        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

Yep,it's a spats hook.

The Gordon Highlanders uniform was high upkeep.

Clean and shine the brass while ensuring every tiny bit of Brasso was removed internally ,spit and polish the boots,whiten the webbing, belt and spats and then ..... argh,button up the spats ..... without getting them dirty.

That little 4" hook was worth it's weight in gold.

Some early 20th century ones,think the roarin' twenties, did indeed have a shoe horn on the other larger end.
          Very interesting love knowledge and facts of this sort bravo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Christian View Post

Very interesting love knowledge and facts of this sort bravo!!
            My Great Grandad was a Seaforth Highlander. Served at the battle of Loos. They captured a hill but got overran when the Germans pushed back. Spent the war in Chemnitz.
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

My Great Grandad was a Seaforth Highlander. Served at the battle of Loos. They captured a hill but got overran when the Germans pushed back. Spent the war in Chemnitz.
              True hero tip my hat!!

Comment

True hero tip my hat!!
                Robert Clarke, a station master from Forres. My old man has his medals, and a letter from the king thanking him for his role in the camp. There's a few photo's, some before the war, some in the camp and a great one with a Belgian band about to board a train. Not sure if that's before or after. There's a photo of a Canadian guy on a horse too, guess he was in the camp with him. My grandmother, Roberts son, has photos taken by her brother in WW2, dead Chinese civilians. I'll wager they've never been published. We found them when we cleared out stuff when she had to go into a home. Grim reality.
                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Robert Clarke, a station master from Forres. My old man has his medals, and a letter from the king thanking him for his role in the camp. There's a few photo's, some before the war, some in the camp and a great one with a Belgian band about to board a train. Not sure if that's before or after. There's a photo of a Canadian guy on a horse too, guess he was in the camp with him. My grandmother, Roberts son, has photos taken by her brother in WW2, dead Chinese civilians. I'll wager they've never been published. We found them when we cleared out stuff when she had to go into a home. Grim reality.
                  Great you have his medals!! Yes war brings out the best and worst in humans!! I’ve a major passion In ww2 warbirds/planes but anything ww2 really

Comment

Great you have his medals!! Yes war brings out the best and worst in humans!! I’ve a major passion In ww2 warbirds/planes but anything ww2 really
                    I'm a massive plane nerd, WW2 in particular. My partner's grandfather was a pilot in WW2, he was shot down in a two seater and his crew mate died. He never spoke about it so we don't know much, but it was early in the war so maybe a Battle or a Defiant?

For some proper history, my good friend of many years is Polish, and his families war stories are eye opening.
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

I'm a massive plane nerd, WW2 in particular. My partner's grandfather was a pilot in WW2, he was shot down in a two seater and his crew mate died. He never spoke about it so we don't know much, but it was early in the war so maybe a Battle or a Defiant?

For some proper history, my good friend of many years is Polish, and his families war stories are eye opening.
                      Wonderful all the stories and valour!! I build kits to a good standard particularly Luftwaffe birds love the camouflage variety!!My great uncle ted was tail gunner in lancs!! Boy we gone off topic!!

Comment

Wonderful all the stories and valour!! I build kits to a good standard particularly Luftwaffe birds love the camouflage variety!!My great uncle ted was tail gunner in lancs!! Boy we gone off topic!!
                        Massively off topic. I did a Junker's 87 Stuka in 1:48 scale which I was particularly proud of, but my BF 108 Condor Legion was my favourite, another 1:48 scale, I used cigarette ash to get the weathering on the guns. I did a Spitfire BTK that was hard work, but having a child, they got broke. I was working on a Handley Page Heyford, but that also got sidelined. Never mind, I'll get back to it eventually.
                        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

And the award for this year's "Christian's longest running thread" goes to...
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Massively off topic. I did a Junker's 87 Stuka in 1:48 scale which I was particularly proud of, but my BF 108 Condor Legion was my favourite, another 1:48 scale, I used cigarette ash to get the weathering on the guns. I did a Spitfire BTK that was hard work, but having a child, they got broke. I was working on a Handley Page Heyford, but that also got sidelined. Never mind, I'll get back to it eventually.
                            Interesting indeed got about 20 kits in my stash mainly Luftwaffe 190&109 mainly!! 1/48 my favourite scale got nice airbrush have to send you few images ??Is a great pastime defiantly being creative!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dupin View Post
                              caz
                              Ah Young's beer, doh
                              (_8-(|)_
                              [tastes awful now IMHO]
                              Yes, I did notice the Ordinary doesn't taste like it used to when I lived near the Wandsworth Brewery, Dupin. I thought it was because I'm now in Devon, or my taste buds are not what they were.

The Pride of Spitalfields did a nice pint of Fuller's London Pride when I used to drink there.

My current beer tipple of choice is a pilsner called Offshore, by Sharp's.
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

The Pride of Spitalfields: lovely pub. Alas, it has a high TripAdvisor rating so it can be difficult to get a pint at all.
                                Despite its name I think it is really in a place called Whitechapel. Nothing much ever happened there: move along.
                                Dupin.

Comment

Working...
                                X