Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kearley & Tonge original order/receipt 1902

Nice!
    I like the little picture of their factory in Durward Street, in the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
      Nice!
      I like the little picture of their factory in Durward Street, in the corner.
      Yes and Mitre Square lovley find indeed ! Thanks Joshua I do have a nice image of k&t on Durwood Street

Comment

An interesting bit of ephemera there. The little illustrations are fascinating. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Nice find Christian
          Regards

Herlock

“All conspiracy theories are the product of the subconscious attempt of an ignorant yet creative mind to counteract the fear of the unknown with the tales of fantasy.” Abhijit Naskar.

“Conspiracy theorists, she knew, were paranoid by definition, and usually with good reason - they were indeed being watched, largely because they were standing on an upturned bucket, haranguing the sheeple with their wingnut delusions.” Mick Herron.

”The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.” Shannon L. Alder.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian View Post

Yes and Mitre Square lovley find indeed ! Thanks Joshua I do have a nice image of k&t on Durwood Street
            Oh yeah, even better! I'd zoomed in so far trying to read the writing I missed that entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Azarna View Post
              An interesting bit of ephemera there. The little illustrations are fascinating. Thank you for sharing.
              Pleasure !!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Oh yeah, even better! I'd zoomed in so far trying to read the writing I missed that entirely.
                Ha ha brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Nice find Christian
                  Defiantly a great addition to my stash Herlock!

Comment

Originally posted by Christian View Post

Defiantly a great addition to my stash Herlock!
                    Must be quite a stash Christian.

Did you finish your last drawing by the way?
                    Regards

Herlock

“All conspiracy theories are the product of the subconscious attempt of an ignorant yet creative mind to counteract the fear of the unknown with the tales of fantasy.” Abhijit Naskar.

“Conspiracy theorists, she knew, were paranoid by definition, and usually with good reason - they were indeed being watched, largely because they were standing on an upturned bucket, haranguing the sheeple with their wingnut delusions.” Mick Herron.

”The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.” Shannon L. Alder.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Must be quite a stash Christian.

Did you finish your last drawing by the way?
                      Yes the millers court one? Was not happy with it!!

Comment

Hope this is okay with Christian...

I've created a hi-def image of this. I posted it as a blog post because when I upload large images to Casebook the resolution is reduced and the quality gets mangled!

Here's the Hi-Def of Christan's receipt:
                        https://jtr3d.com/wp-content/uploads...2/Reciept1.jpg

Here's the drawing that appears in the top left of that receipt:
                        https://jtr3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/KT2_Hi.png

Here's the blog post with credit:
                        https://jtr3d.com/2020/12/15/kearley-tonge/

---------------------------------------------------
                        JtR3D.com JtR 3D Blog
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        HHAP

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                          Thanks Richard,
                          I love how busy with traffic Mitre Square looks in the pic, and often wonder how many of those or other carts were parked there overnight.

Comment

Mitre square is a midget of a thing. You would be lucky to get two carts in there let alone the circus depicted. It is a case of architects literally bigging up the K&T domain. It reminds me of the plans for my neighbour's granny flat, showing two 4x4 vehicles parked off street: a big plus in Wandsworth. On completion, 'granny' had great difficulty parking her old style mini cooper, and then only with the gates left open.

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                              Hope this is okay with Christian...

I've created a hi-def image of this. I posted it as a blog post because when I upload large images to Casebook the resolution is reduced and the quality gets mangled!

Here's the Hi-Def of Christan's receipt:
                              https://jtr3d.com/wp-content/uploads...2/Reciept1.jpg

https://jtr3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/KT2_Hi.png

Here's the blog post with credit:
                              https://jtr3d.com/2020/12/15/kearley-tonge/
                              Absolutely fine sir! I can mail you a better image if needed? Cheers Christian

Comment

Working...
                              X