Two mattresses on Mary's Bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two mattresses on Mary's Bed?

I have reason to believe that Mary's bed has either two mattresses OR she is laying on top of multiple and/or thick bedclothes.
    The mattress we can see in MJK2 is thin and yet Mary is quite high off the mattress with the sheets/blankets underneath her appearing to be very thick.

I have been constructing more recons of that scene, and I've been using some very precise measurements and scale, and I've managed to get all the items in that scene to perfectly align and agree with the photo of MJK2... apart from Mary herself!

Mary, in my recon has to be positioned higher off the mattress in order to align with MJK2. In real-world measurements, she needs to be 4 - 6 inches higher than the mattress.
    Therefore there needs to be either lost of blankets under her or perhaps there was another mattress which we cannot see under the sheets she is laying on.

It got me thinking that perhaps there WAS a 2nd mattress for use by her room-mate and/or manfriend? The single bed was too small for two to comfortable sleep and having a spare mattress would allow for it to be put on the floor for another person. And while not in use it would be logical to just put it on the first mattress and to even sleep on it.

If you look at the far right-hand corner of the bed (the area with the dolphin-shaped bedclothing) you'll note that this bit of the bed extends beyond the limits of the bed frame/headboard. It's also much higher as if it's being propped up by the partition wall (which it might well be).

Also, thinking out loud...
    The bed has extra wooden slats (many have noticed this)
    And the mattress is being held OFF the slats at the foot end...
    Maybe because...
    1) The slats are there to extend the width of the bed to allow two to sleep in it
    and/or
    2) the mattress is a double/3 quarter and is wider than the bed frame and thus it's not a proper fit for the bed and is 'puckered' up at the foot and on the partition side?
    If it's a double mattress are we seeing the top right corner of it on Mary's right side - bed-headboard/partition wall?

SO two chains of thought...
    1) are there two mattresses or lots of padding under the bedsheet?
    2) is the mattress we see possibly a double or 3/4 width?
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Reckon it is one thick mattress.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MJK zaa.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	747269 Mary's bedhead has turnings like this modern knockoff's foot end.
      I suggest your picture's is the center also.

Comment

I'm also inclined to believe that the bed in No13 was 4ft wide (3 quarter), rather than the standard (3ft) single. All my measurements and scale point to this.
        I've used a special program to exactly match the perspective and vanishing points of the MJK2 photograph This has allowed me to create near-perfect scale and positions of the few bits of furniture in the photo. Using this, and by working backwards, I have been able to arrive at the most likely size of the bed. Obviously, there are really only two choices - standard single (3ft) or 3/4 (4ft). I started with the standard 3ft bed size and I was able to make it fit and match the overlay of MJK2 until I placed the model of Mary on the bed and tried to position her. I found that with her posed correctly using the overlay, her head would have been inside the headboard which was clearly wrong! The wider bed meant that I could position the bed closer to the back wall (the passageway wall) and this gave enough headroom to place Mary correctly.

It's quite amazing how bloody hard it is to create an ACCURATE 3D reconstruction using a single photo. I have literally recreated this room, I reckon a dozen times, and each time I figure out that I've done something wrong which totally ruins the model.

I will keep trying!

Comment

What is your door width in your photo?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_5208.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.0 KB ID:	747272
          Last edited by DJA; 11-28-2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
            What is your door width in your photo?

Click image for larger version Name:	image_5208.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.0 KB ID:	747272
            Do you mean the partition door? In my model at the moment, it's 820mm, but that's subject to change!

Comment

Which gives us a bed width of similar. Let's call both 36" and see where that gets us.

I do apologize for not being able to get out of bed and actually measure some of this myself.Seriously bed bound.

Once again,that is one thick mattress.Probably where the several inches you seek are.

If you are scaling Mary out on the bed,be assured that Mary's right thumb is at the forefront of her clenched fist on the end of an abducted arm.(AKA crocodile ).

Comment

Working...
              X