No announcement yet.

Hanbury Street rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s interesting to compare this image to the one above.

Comment

It looks to me as if the door has gone. Who knows, if the demolition men knew the significance of the house, it could have been taken as a souvenir

Comment

the two pieces of timber either side extend down to the step almost. I believe they could be the door jambs. The door appears to be missing

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
          the two pieces of timber either side extend down to the step almost. I believe they could be the door jambs. The door appears to be missing
          I can even see the lock on the door.

Comment

Yes you could be right, you can also see the mortice joint where the top section of the door slots into the uprights

Comment

Yes you could be right, you can also see the mortice joint where the top section of the door slots into the uprights
              Yes, well spotted.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                The double door/screen door arrangement is more American isn’t it?

I see what you mean about the angle of the door/panel, but is that black line a space, or a pipe of some kind.
                Hi Gary - in the first photo the angle looks very strange, as if it is a door, but in the famous clip with James Mason going into the backyard, there is no second door, and the edge at the bottom appears to be, as you say, paneling or maybe a partition, with a big gap in it. I have no explanation for the strange angle.

See short clip below at O:40 seconds

From the 1967 film A LONDON NO-ONE KNOWS, this scene shows 29 Hanbury st.Annie Chapman's death:According to the lodging house deputy Tim Donovan and the watc...

Comment

I wonder what happened to those steps? They could have told a tale or two. Just think, a wealthy Liverpudlian cotton merchant might have trod them, but then again.

Comment

At the end of the clip it also looks like the dog is walking around on top of a door that has been removed. Maybe part of a torn down outhouse?

Comment

Very similar angle to photo #2, but the gap is more obvious.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I think the top hinge has come off

Comment

I think the top hinge has come off
                          Some very interesting observations folks unfortunately have no precise date for image or source just came across it on my 30 year hunt for images to add to my photo album

Comment

Using that photo try and make an argument that Richardson would miss seeing something to his left between him and the fence, just about where that object is on the lower right hand side of the image. Kate wasn't there at that time. That seems clear. So the estimated time of death that has her murdered hours before then is incorrect, or she was brought there after death. Which can be countered with the arterial splash on the fence. This is how we can establish parameters. Using some established filters. Which makes Cadosche's statement very likely the one that matters for approximate TOD. Which then nullifies Longs statement.

Suddenly we have a viable timeline of events, which has the murderer and his victim entering the yard shortly after 5am. Which has always been kind of fascinating when you consider that what he does to her he does as the dawn is upon him. With many windows facing that yard. And some 17 people in that house. Brazen.
                            Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                              Using that photo try and make an argument that Richardson would miss seeing something to his left between him and the fence, just about where that object is on the lower right hand side of the image. Kate wasn't there at that time. That seems clear. So the estimated time of death that has her murdered hours before then is incorrect, or she was brought there after death. Which can be countered with the arterial splash on the fence. This is how we can establish parameters. Using some established filters. Which makes Cadosche's statement very likely the one that matters for approximate TOD. Which then nullifies Longs statement.

Suddenly we have a viable timeline of events, which has the murderer and his victim entering the yard shortly after 5am. Which has always been kind of fascinating when you consider that what he does to her he does as the dawn is upon him. With many windows facing that yard. And some 17 people in that house. Brazen.
                              Good God no! Not Chapman's TOD! Before you know it it's all lying witnesses, the Royal bloody conspiracy and fences that go bump in the night until no one even remembers what got it all started.

Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Good God no! Not Chapman's TOD! Before you know it it's all lying witnesses, the Royal bloody conspiracy and fences that go bump in the night until no one even remembers what got it all started.
                                By pointing those things out I thought Id try and squash all that Al.
                                Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X