Mitre Square in VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitre Square in VR

I've uploaded it now to the VR platform 'Sansar'. It can be visited using plain old desktop PCs or preferably using your VR equipment.
    Day and night mode but NIGHT is recommended to fully appreciate what it is/was like to walk around the area. There is a bullseye lantern to take with you because you WILL need it at night!

it's a WIP and I need feedback. Things like the cottages (PC Pearce house), Taylor's and various other buildings need improving.

This is the link:

I'll create a YouTube vid walk-around later for those who can't be bothered to actually visit
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Seriously, these 3D renderings really bring the murder scenes to life. I'm always in awe of your work and the accuracy combined with the level of detail.
    Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
    JayHartley.com

Comment

Here's a link to a short Youtube video I created for Mitre Square, Whitechapel in VR.

The location of Catherine Eddowes murder by Jack the Ripper in September 1888. This is a VR environment create for educational and study purposes. This video...

Comment

Absolutely brilliant stuff Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
          Absolutely brilliant stuff Richard.
          I absolutely echo that!

I once suggested on these boards that one possible way of trying to move the case forward was to possibly seek crowdfunding from members of the boards
          to fund a comprehensive 3D recreation of all the murder sites with all the relevant witnesses, police officers etc.

The idea died on the vine, but I have to say Richard, that your excellent work does go some way to addressing the point that I was trying to make.
          Namely that an accurate 3D representation of all the murder sites and their environs may just be the way to progress te case.

Comment

Fantastic work!

This is really eerie and atmospheric!

I love it!

Comment

Here's another rough and dirty walk-thru video featuring Mitre Square:

Another visit to my VR Mitre Square experience in Sansar. This is a rough and unedited walk around the area. It includes PC Pearce's room overlooking the Square, the Essex House exhibition and the Goulston Street doorway. It also includes a brief visit to Dorset Street where construction of the next Whitechapel Recreation is underway! WIP...

Another visit to my VR Mitre Square experience in Sansar. This is a rough and unedited walk around the area. It includes PC Pearce's room overlooking the Squ...

Comment

Working...
              X