Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller's Court as a multiple crime scene

Hello all,
    maybe this has been already discussed, but I just think about one curious thing: Miller's Court was a crime scene not only for the MJK murder, but for Kitty Ronan and that woman killed by her sister (Liz Marshall or something ?): Why don't we have crime scene pictures for these late murders? Did the papers missed to send photographers or someone for sketches ?
    Pretty odd for such a famous place...
    His man Bowyer
    (Forgive my accent, I've been to France for a while…)

—————————————

There's a few sketches of the Marshall and Roman cases. Some have been published in Mark Oldridge's book 'Whitechapel & District' part of the Murder & Crime series published by the History Press. And there are some on Casebook and the jtrforums.
    As for photos, I haven't come across any.

Rob

Comment

And let's not forget the later case of Joseph Carson who, by his own admission, may or may not have murdered Jane Williams.
      For any suspect discussion not pertaintaining to a particular or listed suspect.

Comment

Hi Rob,
        If I dare, where on the forum ? I can't fetch for these skeches... Do you remember where they're stored?
        His man Bowyer

—————————————

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Lewis View Post
          Hi Rob,
          If I dare, where on the forum ? I can't fetch for these skeches... Do you remember where they're stored?
          I can't seem to fid them, they may have been lost in one of the crashes a few years back.

I did dig up this one from The People, Sunday 4 December 1898.

Click image for larger version

Name:	The People Sunday 4 December 1898.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	664168

Rob

Comment

Hi folks

Here's a few of them :

Discussion of other criminal cases that have some relation to the Ripper, including various East End murders, other serial killers (both modern and historical), etc.

Comment

Thank's Rob for that Miller's Court sketch, with a new point of view (at least, for me).

Robert : I did follow that link... Very surprising that there are no photos for the Kitty Ronan murder, though the MEPO had photographic teams at that time...
              His man Bowyer

—————————————

Comment

Found these from The New York Press June 30, 1901. I haven't seen them before...
                Attached Files

Comment

Those are cracking DRoy...

Thanks

Dave

Comment

Great sketches, DRoy. That one of the alley shows the same diagonal line of light and shadow visible in the Matters photo. I'm not sure about McCarthy's shop being a big murder site,though. And I didn't know that 35 Dorset was on a corner.

Comment

Thanks Cogidubnus & Robert!

Here's another one I haven't seen before. It's from The National Police Gazette: New York August 17, 1889...
                      Attached Files

Comment

It makes the squalid court look like a country cottage! Shows how misleading a sketch can be.

Phil H

Comment

Originally posted by DrHopper View Post
                          And let's not forget the later case of Joseph Carson who, by his own admission, may or may not have murdered Jane Williams.
                          http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=6660
                          I think you were wrong then and are wrong now.

May or may not have had?

allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by DRoy View Post
                            Found these from The New York Press June 30, 1901. I haven't seen them before...
                            These three rather detailed etchings/engravings may well have been made from photographs, the original prints and/or negatives of which may now repose in some newspaper photo archives (I don't think the New York Press is still in existence).

John
                            "We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
                            Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

Comment

And another...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X