C5 escapes and behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C5 escapes and behaviour

Assuming the C5 how do you think Jack escaped from the murder sites and what do you think he would do in the hour or so afterwards?

E.g. he killed, headed in this direction, done something, popped somewhere else and then done this etc.

For what it's worth I see the killer just walking away in plain sight. Anyone who did see him had no idea who he was or what he had done.
    He goes to his room somewhere in town and cleans up. There are some indications the killer followed the news reports, so maybe go out and buy a paper the next day?
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      For what it's worth I see the killer just walking away in plain sight. Anyone who did see him had no idea who he was or what he had done.
      He goes to his room somewhere in town and cleans up. There are some indications the killer followed the news reports, so maybe go out and buy a paper the next day?
      I have to agree, the only way I can see the killer behaving is to finish what he is doing and calmly leaving. Measuring up his surroundings perhaps to make sure he isn't followed or hasn't been seen.
      After Mitre Square, assuming the apron piece in Goulston Street was left by the killer, I picture the killer making his escape by heading down towards Aldgate High Street. I assume he doesn't want to spend too much time on the main roads, so he doubles back on himself in order to head where he is going (probably home or at least a hide out of some kind). I assume he doubles back before Aldgate station, based on nothing more than that this would may be a busy area to avoid, so I assume he passed into the streets behind St Botolph's church and makes his way to Middlesex Street and across to Goulston Street. Heading broadly in the direction of Spitalfields market or Dorset Street. I don't think he was heading to the traditional Flower and Dean Street as heading to Goulston Street doesn't really make sense as a route and getting there would involve being on the main road for a second time, which I assume he'd avoid.
      I do try to figure out how the apron came to be left in Goulston Street. Either placed deliberately or dropped accidentally. Accident seems the most plausible explanation to me, so why in that doorway? - either random chance he dropped it that way whilst passing or he may have been resident in Wentworth Dwellings or he hid for some time in that doorway. Assuming he dropped it in accident, then I find the Ripper as resident of Wentworth Dwellings or hiding in that doorway the most likely possibilities.

I do think the sighting at Mrs Fiddymont's pub may have been a genuine sighting of the Ripper and interestingly perhaps, this man also head into the Middlesex Street/ Petticoat Lane/ Dorset Street area. Again, after doubling back on himself after going to a main road, on this occasion the main road being Bishopsgate. The Fiddymont man definitely took a circuitous route to where he was going, possibly because he realised he was being followed.

Of course, if the man in Mrs Fiddymont's pub was the Ripper, maybe he didn't care about being seen at all, being quite happy to stop and have half a pint of beer on his way home!

What indicates the killer was reading the news reports?

Comment

Yep walked away.

Or maybe flew.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The apron in Goulston Street raises the possibility that the Ripper went home and then returned to the area again later to ditch the apron.

Comment

For those who would like to know the truth about the apron , it was deliberately left at the entrance of said dwelling as to point to the writing on the wall , how else would anyone know that it was written by the ripper.Damaso Marte seanr
            'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
              The apron in Goulston Street raises the possibility that the Ripper went home and then returned to the area again later to ditch the apron.
              I agree that the time lapse between it being taken from Mitre Square and being found at the Model Homes entrance suggests he possibly came to that place specifically to leave the apron section after being somewhere else for perhaps almost an hour. I think the proximity to the writing suggests that the spot was chosen because the writing was there, or that it was placed there when the apron was. The second scenario seems to me most probable. I disagree with the idea that he just strolled away, anyone who imagines that these mutilations in the dark didn't leave blood on the killer is not really being very practical. The invasive nature, the speed in which the work was done, the lighting...all factors in how "neat" these operations likely were.

So, that leaves you with slaughterhousemen with bloody aprons on...someone with all dark clothing and who used gloves, or someone who just slipped away stealthily until he could access a room to clean up. 2 of those three types were most probably local, the man in dark clothing could have been from anywhere. For myself I believe the evidence suggests someone with local street knowledge, and most probably a room of his own. People have suggested that he might have lived with a family, but I don't see a family shielding a member they were likely scared of themselves, and I don't see the killer wanting to encounter anyone by chance before having an opportunity to clean up. Maybe pop an organ into the spirits for safe keeping.
              Last edited by Michael W Richards; 05-22-2019, 10:57 AM.
              Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
                Far more likely, he dropped it off on his way.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Far more likely he dropped it to draw attention to the writing on the wall. you cant solve the JTR mystery if you choose to ignore that which you cant explain.
                  'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

Far more likely, he dropped it off on his way.
                    Not if Long was correct, when he stated emphatically, ..that it was NOT there at around 2:20am. Mitre Square to the Model Homes would be what, a 10-15 minute walk...assuming a killer fleeing a murder scene would saunter. Watkins was in the square at 1:44, the killer had left, so how is it "just dropped off" on the way when almost 45 minutes after the murder it still isn't there. Before you or anyone suggests that Long was wrong, perhaps re-read his statement and the manner in which he answered. "It was NOT there". Now, many might like to assume he just missed it and later realizing the importance of the timing he lied about whether he even looked there. Problem with that is there is no way to be sure, we can only know what he said. And it was not ambiguous.

And what killer leaves obvious bread crumbs to follow? The placement suggested that the Mitre Square killer headed to the East End after the murder, and perhaps to the dwellings that it was found outside. That may well have been intentional. Certainly it appears that there was a substantial amount of time elapsed between taking and dropping, far more than a casual drop would suggest.
                    Michael Richards

Comment

As the originator of this thread I feel I should add my 2 cents worth.

I think the killer put the knife in his jacket and calmly and cunningly walked off. I believed he left by Woods' Buildings in the Nichols case. I have to see the wider localities again for the other murders.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Not if Long was correct, when he stated emphatically, ..that it was NOT there at around 2:20am.
                        As I've said before, Long was a police officer and not a litter warden. It's entirely feasible that he simply missed the apron the first time around, but genuinely thought that it wasn't there. I've had similar experiences when looking for lost items ("I could have sworn it wasn't there before"), and I can't be the first or last.
                        Certainly it appears that there was a substantial amount of time elapsed between taking and dropping.
                        Only if you believe Long. Besides, why would the killer take the apron "home" only to take it back out later when he knew there would be even more police on the streets than there were when he left the scene of the murder? It seems extremely unlikely to me.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Walked away quickly.

Comment

Working...
                          X