Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Quality Map of Whitechapel

Hi guys,

This may have been asked before but, does anyone know if there is a map of the whole of Whitechapel (either complete or in sections that I can merge), similar to the one in this post:
    Discussion for general Whitechapel geography, mapping and routes the killer might have taken. Also the place for general census information and "what was it like in Whitechapel" discussions.

I have the 1894 OS map from this site, however this one looks much clearer and would help immensely with adding annotations and locations as well as being better suited for the purpose of recreating a few key locations for a current project.

It looks like a Vector image originally (or just very high res) and it would be a godsend if there was one for the whole of Whitechapel (or at least the key locations).

If anyone has a copy, or knows where it's hidden on this site (I've done a search both manually and using the search of the site but can't seem to find anything other than the one of Buck's Row.

Failing that, if the original creator only did create the Buck's row area and someone can briefly explain how to create such an image (i'm new to Illustrator but am reasonably knowledgable in Photoshop - i have CS5) that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

Latest Jack the Ripper Map

Hi Matt.

I've just finished the latest version of the Jack the Ripper map of Spitalfields and whitechapel. The native size of the map is 50 by 30 inches, although Adobe reports it as 136 by 82 inches due to the high relolution I had to export it to pdf in.

I'm working on a book version of the map which will be available in a few weeks time.

You can find more information here: http://www.jacktherippermap.info/

Best Regards.

Geoff Cooper

Comment

Working...
    X