Mr. Rippers Neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping the East End Labrynth

Here is an excellent PDF ( now also a book) that deals with street syntax and social conditions for the area. http://goo.gl/kafcM Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

• Any idea where this book is available? I can't seem to find it. Judging by the PDF it looks like something to have.

Comment

• Hi John

As far as I can see, the book is actually called Jack The Ripper And The East End.

Comment

• Hi, proto, I was wondering if you could find those criminal recods you just did for the years 1889 and 1890? Or point me to where I could?

Comment

• send a pm to pinkerton, he gathered the raw data and shared openly with me. Good Luck sir.

Comment

• pinkerton

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
              send a pm to pinkerton, he gathered the raw data and shared openly with me. Good Luck sir.
              Thank you, much appreciated!!

Comment

• No worries friend! I was lost without his help, he is a good resource.

Comment

• The GSG census sample

Comment

• Merci

I have no adjective I'm happy with. But I'm so glad you were not on my thesis committee. What incredibly detailed work where did you go?
                    Last edited by Rosemary; 06-27-2015, 10:38 PM. Reason: Poor syntax
                    From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                    "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• Thank You and I apologize

Thank You for the fine compliment. That paper was the result of several skills I have learned while readjusting from a stroke. My mind is much better and I am efforting a step up from that effort now. I wish to offer my profound apologies to any and all members of this forum I may have slighted or offended in the course of my recuperation. I was a very coarse and gruff person with way more self sanctimony than should have been allowed. I am very sorry for being insufferable. I cannot say what the new project is, but I will make an effort at giving some idea of the scale very soon. I also want to thank all the members of this forum that have helped me. This includes those who shared data, those who guided me, and even those who called me out (though being a headstrong idiot I did not believe them.) I am looking forward to participating again. Dave

Comment

• Goad Volume XI Index master to sheets covering MRH

You can also open the file in Google Earth, or if you have google earth installed, download the file to your machine. http://goo.gl/TMbzak

Comment

• Volume XI start of list for XI series goads

Here is the page that Volume XI starts on and the various sheets listed on the key are listed here for download. http://goo.gl/oEHyd2

Comment

• These are sheets covering the MacNaughten Sequence.

Spitalfields sheets: 314, 315, 316, 316-2,316-3,316-4,316-5,319, 320-2.2, 320-3

Whitechapel sheets 318, 319, 320, 320-1,320-2,320-3, 323,324-2,325,326, 327,336,338

Mile End Old Town 336,337

St. George's in the East 336,338,339

Mile End New Town 320-2.2,320-3,320,323,324,325

All of these sheet numbers are in volume XI. This list is missing a volume V sheet 70 which I have messaged them to find as there is no current link. Have mad fun kids. I really recommend having Google Earth installed on your machine and just getting the already fitted kmz files. That option appears in the top right of the pop up that comes open when you click "view in google earth". Google Earth can be downloaded here. http://goo.gl/juJ7
                            Last edited by protohistorian; 02-04-2016, 04:46 AM.

Comment

• I am not sure which records you are referring to Red Bundy. My only criminal record source is the Old bailey Online. All of the other crime data came from Pinkerton. Good luck sir. The old bailey is a great resource and If I do not flake out while doing my current effort, it will be even more so. Best Wishes, Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
                                Thank You for the fine compliment. That paper was the result of several skills I have learned while readjusting from a stroke. My mind is much better and I am efforting a step up from that effort now. I wish to offer my profound apologies to any and all members of this forum I may have slighted or offended in the course of my recuperation. I was a very coarse and gruff person with way more self sanctimony than should have been allowed. I am very sorry for being insufferable. I cannot say what the new project is, but I will make an effort at giving some idea of the scale very soon. I also want to thank all the members of this forum that have helped me. This includes those who shared data, those who guided me, and even those who called me out (though being a headstrong idiot I did not believe them.) I am looking forward to participating again. Dave
                                sorry to hear about you stroke, Proto, and welcome back!
                                I don't know about all that other stuff your apologizing about, all I remember is all the useful information you used to provide.

Again-glad your back!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X