1888 Ordinance Survey Map of Whitechapel Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1888 Ordinance Survey Map of Whitechapel Area

I've been scanning the site for a map similar to the above mentioned "1888 Ordinance Survey Map of Whitechapel Area" with high enough resolution to print on 8.5x14 or 11x14 paper and without murder references, so that I might begin my own plotting of the facts as I find them.

Help or direction would be greatly appreciated, as I'm brand-new to this hobby, and, frankly, the plethora of information on this site is a little dizzying.

Regards,

Rod

This 1894 Ordnance Survey map should help you out. It's a huge file with more detail than you can shake a stick at, so I recommend you download it and print out the sections you need.

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Thanks Simon!

That should work quite nicely!

Regards,

Rod

Oh...I'm aflutter with anticipation!
      Last edited by gjcab09; 05-25-2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Many Thanks Simon

Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks.Thanks Thanks ThanksThanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks.Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks.Thanks Thanks ThanksThanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks.Thanks Thanks Dave
        We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

The sentence in the post above contains too many periods -- or stops.

Comment

OK....not to seem ungrateful or anything, but now I need one that has the house numbers on it, I'm not having much luck trying to "Google Earth" my way through this thing...and why are George Yard and George St. completely across town these days??

Confusedly yours,

Rod

Comment

and here it is as a kmz

dave
              We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Working...
              X