East End prostitution today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East End prostitution today

Hello, I've heard from various sources that the Whitechapel/Spitalfields section in London today still has prostitution going on? Is this, in fact, true or just rumors that have been made up?
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Originally posted by JTRSickert View Post
    Hello, I've heard from various sources that the Whitechapel/Spitalfields section in London today still has prostitution going on? Is this, in fact, true or just rumors that have been made up?
    Not made up JTRS - I believe many of us have seen prostitutes in the area. On my rambles I have seen women soliciting mainly in Commercial Street (I was actually approached by one once), but have also seen them in Cheshire Street near Bethnal Green Station and at the top of Gunthorpe Street.

In fact, I saw a young lady of that profession opposite the Princess Alice at about 7.30 last night.

Comment

Wow, John. I had no idea. Any good-looking or they just as bad as in 1888?
      I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Not a nice comment.
        babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Mmmm. Quite.

However, they generally appear to be in their 20s and are 'dressed up' a bit (jewellery, short skirts, knee-length boots or high heels). As many apparently have dependencies on hard drugs, they invariably look in poor health and quite thin.

Comment

On my very first day of living in Spitalfields just over five years ago, I was approached by a not unattracitve young lady, right by the Whites row car park, who first asked me if I wanted 'any business' and then accused me of being gay when I declined.

I used to get asked if I wanted business fairly regularly a few years ago, but this has tailed off recently as the area around Commercial Street continues to gentrify. There are definately still girls working round there though - I was talking to an Irish lady at the end of Quaker Street the other day, who told me she was just out untill she'd earned the Ł7.00 she needed to pay her electricity bill the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
              Not a nice comment.
              Exactly Jen!!!! NOT an attitude or opinion I expect to see here- or anywhere to be honest!
              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
                Mmmm. Quite.

However, they generally appear to be in their 20s and are 'dressed up' a bit (jewellery, short skirts, knee-length boots or high heels). As many apparently have dependencies on hard drugs, they invariably look in poor health and quite thin.

Thanks John. If I ever do A ripper walk in the near future, I'll keep my eyes open and avoid them. Have any approached the tourists on some of your walks?

Comment

Thanks John. If I ever do A ripper walk in the near future, I'll keep my eyes open and avoid them. Have any approached the tourists on some of your walks?
                  Huh? Avoid them? You don't need to avoid them, they just stand around. And no, they haven't approached people on my tours as far as I am aware. They're not predators, you know.

Comment

i expect the poster wants to avoid the ugly ones affronting his eye-sight, John. In fact, i think i had better stay indoors from now on just in case....well past my prime at 42 as i am.
                    babybird

George Sand

Comment

Ah I see, John. Interesting.

Don't feel bad, babybird. 42 is the new 22 these days!

Comment

i see sarcasm is a concept that is alien to you also.
                        babybird

George Sand

Comment

[QUOTE=JTRSickert;104755]Ah I see, John. Interesting.

What's 'interesting'? -that they don't stalk the streets of Spitalfields like present day raptors hoping to bring down an unsuspecting tourist?
                          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Not sure about pretty, but Im sure they dont wear bonnets anymore...

Comment

in fact

this comment offends me far far more than anything Dave has done with his art installation!

I have the mental image of packs of rabid velociraptor prostitutes chasing prospective clients through the backstreets now!
                              babybird

George Sand

Comment

Working...
                              X