Haunted East End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted East End

Hello everyone. If this topic has been brought up before, please excuse me. However, there is one thing I wanted to ask: I've heard rumors that the East End (specifically, the sites of the JTR murders) to be haunted either by the Ripper and/or his victims. IS there any truth to these rumors? More importantly, have any of you fellow bloggers ever go the murder sites at night and see something yourself? I'd love to hear it. Next to JTR< ghost stories are a second interest of mine. So, if anyone has any stories to share about creepy happenings in the East End, I definitely would want to read it.

Thanks!

P.S. If there is already a forum dedicated to this, please provide me with the link. Thank you.
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Not a forum,but it's been discussed several times....A search on 'ghosts' should bring them up.
    Steve

Comment

People can choose whether to believe me or not but I have been developing psychic abilities over the past year (not planning on making any financial gain, just a personal choice) and when I visited Buck's Row in February this year I felt a presence who I felt was Nichols. Also got some E.V.P from this location.
      Best regards,
      Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Hi JTRS. I delivered a paper on this to a conference at The Ghost Club in 2004 and revised it for RipCon in 2005. Since then, James Clark has devoted a whole chapter to Ripper ghosts in his rather good HAUNTED LONDON published by The History Press.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

If you can track down a copy of 1987's "Jack the Ripper- One Hundred Years of Mystery" by Peter Underwood, it has things wrong with it but it too contains a chapter on JTR-related hauntings.

And by the way, having been to Buck's Row/Durward Street, if I was Polly's ghost it would definitely be the last place I would want to hang around, for several reasons. What did the EVP say?

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
            If you can track down a copy of 1987's "Jack the Ripper- One Hundred Years of Mystery" by Peter Underwood, it has things wrong with it but it too contains a chapter on JTR-related hauntings.

And by the way, having been to Buck's Row/Durward Street, if I was Polly's ghost it would definitely be the last place I would want to hang around, for several reasons. What did the EVP say?
            The E.V.P was undescernable but sounded female. The response was to the question "Mary Ann Nichols, are you here?". We also asked for the killers' name but got no reply

In my experience with ghosts I have known that people who die in horrific conditions , for example murder and suicide, find that their spirit is 'trapped' in the location where they died. Said really, if true
            Best regards,
            Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Here is a thread covering "Most Haunted and Jack the Ripper"
              Movies, TV shows , documentaries and other visual media devoted or referencing Jack the Ripper.

Derek Acorah has touched on the subject on JTR on many occasions, and not just via Most Haunted. In his early years he visited Whitechapel and recorded the event, making it available on his DVD "The Psychic Adventures of Derek Acorah" He also wrote about it in one of his later books.

Have you read Pamela Ball's Psychic Investigation Uncle Jack?
              Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                Hi JTRS. I delivered a paper on this to a conference at The Ghost Club in 2004 and revised it for RipCon in 2005. Since then, James Clark has devoted a whole chapter to Ripper ghosts in his rather good HAUNTED LONDON published by The History Press.

PHILIP
                Hi Philip,

That paper of yours was a darned good read (even though I'm a sceptic). Can you point me in the right direction for your revised version? I'd like to read it again.

Cheers,

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

I'm not too up on the psychic world, so can anyone tell me whether these mediums have been to the places where, surely above all other places, they might expect to find ghosts, troubled souls and earthbound spirits? I mean of course the Nazi death camps. If they cannot find ghosts here they won't find them anywhere.

Comment

Derek Acorah recently found a Scouse Michael Jackson in a studio live on SKY TV!
                    Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jack
                      The E.V.P was undescernable but sounded female. We also asked for the killers' name but got no reply Sad3
                      I wondered about this before; say for the sake of argument that one of the Ripper's victims did haunt the scene of their murder, would they then automatically know the name and identity of their killer just because they're spirits? If that was Polly, she could be just as none the wiser as to who the man was as we are (though obviously she'd have the 'advantage' of knowing what he looked and sounded like). Harrowing stuff.
                      Originally posted by Robert
                      Nazi death camps. If they cannot find ghosts here they won't find them anywhere.
                      I'd be surprised if they weren't haunted! Especially the gas chambers and crematoriums, they look so eerie.

Comment

It's not always creepy places that can give fantastic results.
                        We did an investigation at a Charity Shop after items were moved at night in the store room. We recorded with both a digital and an analogue dictaphone and on both we heard a female voice saying "Help Me"

The digital recording was much clearer and we could isolate the background noise and it was quite eerie!

Where as a recent walk through the local cemetery armed with the same equipment just provided us with the noise of trees blowing in the wind.
                        Regards Mike

Comment

I believe it's Auschwitz where you never hear birds......Talking of everyday places,I spoke to someone who wasn't there on a nightshift in Leicester fruit & Veg market...........After a few nights of 'feeling' someone was walking up the office stairs,I thought it was my relief coming in...Turned round,got to 'Hel.....'.....No Bugger there!.....Same thing happened to my holiday cover...But never again,as far as I know..........

Comment

For those who believe in ghosts, she might well have passed on to another world. It's us lot who might be condemned to hang around these sites, desperate to solve a mystery we can't let go of.

If someone asks me "Is there anybody dere?" I shall answer "Nope."

Comment

I can definitely see Mitre Square and whatever Hanbury Street's called now being haunted. Has anyone ever experienced anything ghostly there? I can remember a (fake) picture at the Stride[?] murder site of a foggy looking lady and the architypial top-hatted and black-capped figure looming behind her (complete with moustache!).

Originally posted by Mike Covell
                              It's not always creepy places that can give fantastic results.
                              We did an investigation at a Charity Shop after items were moved at night in the store room. We recorded with both a digital and an analogue dictaphone and on both we heard a female voice saying "Help Me"

The digital recording was much clearer and we could isolate the background noise and it was quite eerie!

Where as a recent walk through the local cemetery armed with the same equipment just provided us with the noise of trees blowing in the wind.
                              That makes sense now that I think of it. Especially with regards to the concentration camps. If there are hauntings there then they'd probably be wandering around where the barracks were. Though it wouldn't surprise me if some of the bastard guards haunted the place too.

Though that voice you captured sounds bloody creepy. o_O Did you somehow find out why she needed help? Then again, if I was confined to a charity shop for all eternity I think I'd probably want some help too.

Comment

Working...
                              X