Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Earth

Hi everybody!

Unsure of where it is perfect to post this letter, I write it here!
    After downloading "Google Earth", I've had a lot of interesting times, sitting and studying the streets and the houses in London, and the areas around. I hereby want to tip you about the program. It is free to down load, and you can "visit" the whole world, without going out of your house!

I guess there is a lot of members who's interested in maps and things like that, because of the stories...! Maybe you allready have downloaded this program...-I only want to tell the ones who does'nt know the program, that this is possible to get! The pictures of London and the areas around, are quite clear.

Have a nice evening!
    Mathilde

I'm a total GE addict...a fantastic research tool (even for little snippety bobbits like crow's flight distance and so on), particularly for a lazy shyster like myself
    best,

claire

Comment

I love Google Earth, it is a fantastic development and great fun. I have spent many hours soaring majestically over fantastic far off lands, looked at Whitechapel and surrounding neighbourhoods, my own town, and even looked at the mess in the neighbours yard!!
      Regards Mike

Comment

I concur with the above.I have found GE both fascinating and helpful.It has helped me to identify the location of a house I had long forgotten,and shown me places I thought I would never again see.Try it.

Comment

For those who dont know. GE allows us to look down upon the earth from a satellite in space-I think.

Its possible to view Ayres Rock, The Egyptian Sphinx, and Aztec structures in South America. Not just London Streets. Its great entertainment !
          It was Bury whodunnit. The black eyed scoundrel.

The yam yams are the men, who won't be blamed for nothing..

Comment

Originally posted by Ashkenaz View Post
            Its possible to view Ayres Rock, The Egyptian Sphinx, and Aztec structures in South America.
            ...one can also see one's house, and - in these financially straitened times - it's useful to check that the roof over your head is still there
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Ashkenaz,

Its possible to view Ayres Rock, The Egyptian Sphinx, and Aztec structures in South America.

Aztec structures in South America would be interesting indeed. Incan maybe in South America, Aztec in North America.

That said, it is a fascinating tool.

Don.
              "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Don't forget the built in add-on Google Earth Flight Simulator...

Comment

I think I downlaoded a Jack The Ripper plug-in for Google Earth recently. Not had a chance to look at it yet tho. Google Maps certainly has one although it's really for newbies, showing the five canonical murder sites and relevant info.

Comment

Working...
                  X