Click image for larger version

Name:	Whitechapel High Street 10 May 1903 detail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	656206

Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by pmerryman View Post
      Can you point me in the direction of such pics? (please)
      Is that a no then?

Comment

Is that a no then?
        Most of these pictures are in the collections of the Tower Hamlets Archive and London Metropolitan Archives. They are a real treasure trove of obscure but wonderful images of the East End.

JB

Comment

• Strange effect that one of Rothschild Dwellings has if you scroll it up and down fairly quickly. Almost nausea inducing... the buiding actually seems to loom out at you. And please don't ask me how I noticed that!
          "If you listen to the tills you can hear the bells toll. You can hear what a state we're in".

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
            I think it's a little boy:

[ATTACH]4906[/ATTACH]

Rob
            Really? Bummer. I was sure it was Baphomet, having escaped from 13 Miller's Court...
            ~ Khanada

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I run and hide until it goes away.

Comment

• Originally posted by The English Gardener View Post
              Strange effect that one of Rothschild Dwellings has if you scroll it up and down fairly quickly. Almost nausea inducing...
              ... well, stop doing it, then
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
                Most of these pictures are in the collections of the Tower Hamlets Archive and London Metropolitan Archives. They are a real treasure trove of obscure but wonderful images of the East End.

JB
                Do you mean the photo archives on this site?

Comment

• Perryman-Go to the Tower Hamlet site I mentioned earlier

Yep Rob I think it's a scuttling scamp with a blanket over his head! heeeeeeeeee!...blessim or is it??......It's quite an odd sort of 'Dont Look Now' ish image! x
                  'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Do you mean the photo archives on this site?
                    Yes, sorry. I think you were referring to Suzi's pics?

Comment

• Gawd was he- I hope so! The link is here- somewhere on a few pages before this

Sorry was on Forums! Have retrieved it it's www.mernick.org.uk/thhol/spital2.html Go to List of pictures and each one has a story attached!
                      Last edited by Suzi; 03-14-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                        Perryman-Go to the Tower Hamlet site I mentioned earlier

Yep Rob I think it's a scuttling scamp with a blanket over his head! heeeeeeeeee!...blessim or is it??......It's quite an odd sort of 'Dont Look Now' ish image! x
                        Suzi,

I dont recall you mentioning a site, that why I am asking. Is there a link to it?

Thanks Paul

Comment

• Thanks, seems we were both posting at the same time.

Comment

• He he x Call it coicidence!! x

Comment

• God you guys have taken me back. Just spent hours on this thread, getting all nostalgic looking at all the old photos having been away from ripperology years.Theres so much more than when I last visited Whitechapel.Thankyou all so much for sharing your photos.
                              Thanks esp to John for the photo of before the Whites Row carpark was built.
                              I ve just read the wiki page on Dorset St. Isnt it fascinating to read Leonard Matters saying when he visited Millers Court days before the bulldozers, that none of the locals seemed to be aware of the streets history. Doesnt any else find this strange?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• John, many thanks for this one of Flowery Dean. Is it looking west?
                                Its strange...an empty featureless street to anyone else, but so full of interest and memories to ripperology.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X