No announcement yet.

Dutfields Yard interior photograph, 1900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little late in the game but is there any way of viewing the photo now?

Comment

• Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
      Shelley, you are entitled to your opinions but that is just what your statements are - opinions - and opinions based on little or no knowledge of the image. As for making things worse, well I don't know if you noticed but the person responsible for the most outlandish accusations no longer posts on Casebook and by bringing up this thread simply to make that observation, it is YOU who is starting the ball rolling again.

The intention is to have the book ready for the October Conference.

PHILIP
      Hi Philip,
      Sorry if you have drawn the conclusion that i have started rolling the ball, this was not my intention, i guess i didn't read all posts in any case. So i apologise if you think i was adding fire to the already frying pan.
      Still i would like to know about your book and have a look at the photo.
      Regards
      Shelley

Comment

• High-lighted Names

Why is it that on some posts Names get High-lighted and on others don't?............Is there a valid point to all this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelley View Post
          Why is it that on some posts Names get High-lighted and on others don't?............Is there a valid point to all this?
          If you mean the green light alongside the name, that means that the poster is logged on, Shelley.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
            I haven't seen the photo, so am withholding judgement, as Ally so wisely advises. However, seeing how jealous AP is of Philip right now, I'm inclined to believe Philip must be onto something good here.
            Hi Tom

You're the Berner Street man.

I've seen the photo and believe me it's the real deal. End of story.

I reckon AP was just trying to goad Philip into showing it here.

Unsuccessfully.
            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Tom - have already PM'd you on this but was surprised not to get a reply. It was a couple of months ago, I think. Check if it's still in your inbox.

Stephen - others DID goad me into showing it here but, as we all know, it was short-term. What PW (sorry... AP) was trying to do was to make me out to be a liar, incompetant and fraud because he probably couldn't stand anyone else finding something.

In regards to the book, it looks like I am now with a new publisher (I approached them concerning a different book altogether but they've expressed an initial interest in the DY project as well, although I told them that sales would only ever be in the hundreds) and, with my previous book now with the previous publisher, I am free to get on and start doing it.

PHILIP
              Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                Hi Tom

You're the Berner Street man.

I've seen the photo and believe me it's the real deal. End of story.

I reckon AP was just trying to goad Philip into showing it here.
                I second that.
                And no doubt the photo is the real deal.

All the best
                The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

• Just had an e-mail from the prospective new publisher. It so happens the editor is a minor Ripperologist and they have said YES to the DY book.

PHILIP

Comment

• Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                    Just had an e-mail from the prospective new publisher. It so happens the editor is a minor Ripperologist and they have said YES to the DY book.

PHILIP
                    Minor eh? So he (or she) is a School kid?
                    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• They were a miner Ripperologist before that. Did a lot of work on a chap called Davies, apparently.

PHILIP

Comment

• Nice one, Mr H - congrats!
                        Bailey
                        Wellington, New Zealand
                        hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                        www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

• Hi Philip. I just sent you a PM. I never received yours.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            If you mean the green light alongside the name, that means that the poster is logged on, Shelley.
                            I wondered what that was, the green light, but also about names on posts highlighted in Red too.

Thanks for letting me know about the greenlight Sam....What's the red name one?

Cheers
                            Shelley

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelley View Post
                              I wondered what that was, the green light, but also about names on posts highlighted in Red too.

Thanks for letting me know about the greenlight Sam....What's the red name one?
                              I've never seen a red name, Shelley.

Mind you, me eyes ain't what they used to be - they used to be me ears. (© Willium "Mate" Cobblers... oddly enough)
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• I'm sorry, mate, I must ask you to move along.

Comment

Working...
                                X