Dutfields Yard interior photograph, 1900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
    Simon, the IWEC is not jutting out. This must be something you are seeing in a lo-res small copy. It is absolutely flush with the rest of the building in the original and hi-res enlargements
    I think I can clear ths one up, because I thought the same thing the first time I saw the photo. It is because on the wall, below the cross-beam, there is a distinct black line running directly downwards. Just back from this the wall is plastered rather than bare brick, again the line running directly downwards. This can, initially, have the illusion of making the wall appear to jut out at right angles where the first line is, and then turn in again where the plaster begins. However, it is clear from the fact that the black line does not extend all the way down, and there is no change in the line of the brickwork, that this is merely an illusion and not actually the case.
    Say hello: http://www.myspace.com/alansharpauthor

Comment

• Hi Ash,

Gates closed when Blackwell arrived, admitted.

But Blackwell has Stride lying obliquely across the yard with her neck on a wheel rut, which is a far cry from PC Lamb's testimony which Stewart Evans suggests was the most reliable.

Hey, maybe she wasn't killed by the "Ripper". Maybe Diemschitz couldn't stop and ran his cart over her neck. Those iron-rimmed wheels can be a bugger.

Thanks for your conference pics. Sounds like everyone had a great time.

Regards,

Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• AP

Are you saying that somewhere in Berlin there was a yard with the same layout as Dutfields?

And, on top of that, Furnis packed up his sketchpad and pencils, hopped on eurostar and drew that yard?

Thats your factual evidence?
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Hi Alan,
          I would accept your explanation of how the wall appears to be jutting out if it were not for the shadows.Its a sunny day.The building on the left is in dark
          shadow but the white building is sunlit.However it is not sunlit at the point where it appears to end and "recede" .That part is definitely not sunlit or illuminated in the same way.What is the explanation for this do you think?
          Best
          Norma

Comment

• I'm not answering any more questions that are total crap. I find it very funny, actually, that this supposedly intelligent man going under the nom-de-plume of AP, thinks I have been duped in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Think what you like, AP. You are only making yourself look dafter by the minute. I am delighted you are wrong. You know nothing about this but, like all good trolls, you make out that you're right and all the experts who have demolished all the masses of insinuation and poor research on this thread, are wrong.

Share a nice warm brandy with Trevor. No one else is in the least interested. Well, Norma might be but she was always your fan. I'm sorry, Norma, but you haven't endeared yourself through this and your questions are frankly barking mad now.

And by the way, AP, you never answered my question from last night. When was it you changed from a respected and moral researcher into the unpleasant piece of work you are today, and why did it happen? You and I got on so well in the first couple of years I was here and then you turned into the whirling ball of neuroses we see now, that few take seriously.

PHILIP
            Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Hi Ash,

Maybe I'm seeing things.

But in all fairness to Philip I did point out that the jutting-out building, although not shown on ordnance survey or Goad's fire plan, is shown on one of the Furniss drawings, though it isn't quite as pronounced.

Hence my question about whether we need to rethink Dutfields Yard.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Hi folks

Just to let you all know that the picture seems to have been removed.....I was looking at about 10 mins or so ago...but now I click on it and it just goes to the hosting's page.

ANNA.

Comment

• That's it Sam, you lot scratch until you find an itch, us normal folk get an itch and then scratch it.
                  It's an itch, Sam, scratch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                    How do you get a wheel rut in cobbles?
                    The same way one gets them on brick streets and asphalt ones -- constant traffic over the space. If the weight of cars on wide, modern tires will do it, surely a narrow cart wheel should, given that the concentration of weight is higher, given the narrower surface over which to distribute it. And in fact they do -- but I recognise that many here may not live where I do, seeing as many Amish horse-drawn vehicles as I do.

(shrug)
                    ~ Khanada

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I run and hide until it goes away.

Comment

• Originally posted by anna View Post
                      Hi folks

Just to let you all know that the picture seems to have been removed.....I was looking at about 10 mins or so ago...but now I click on it and it just goes to the hosting's page.

ANNA.
                      -----whoopsies the word Anna.......

Comment

• Hi Philip,

Thank you so much for letting me see the photo.

There was so much to see,I was there for some time..I did eventually find those cats with my magnifying glass.

I have seen many of these type of photo's and I think this is indeed a good find.I see nothing other than genuine images.

I also think the clothing is very much of the period...

Warmest Wishes to you.

ANNA.xx

Comment

• Originally posted by anna View Post
                          Hi folks

ANNA.
                          Hi Anna. Yes, it's gone. As was stated from the outset, it was hosted for 24 hours and Thomas has now removed it. It is more than I wanted to do but I let it be seen now because so many people were kicking up a fuss. In one respect, I am glad I did. Stan is a case that springs to mind here. On the other hand, it has given a lot of grief from people who are basically seeing Baphomet.

That's it for now. It won't be seen again until the research is concluded. Massive thanks to Thomas for his help throughout this, and especially his idea to only give access for 24 hours.

PHILIP
                          Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Hi Philip,

I am a little concerned that you now feel unsure about releasing your excellent find,for us all to see it.You can be sure others,who are your friends,have protected your interests to a satisfactory level...you also have many friends here,who wish you well,so don't you go worrying yourself for nothing.

I shall look forward to reading your book,I am sure it will be an excellent read.

ANNA.
                            Last edited by anna; 10-16-2008, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• Hi Ash,

I just took another look at Philip's photograph.

Regarding the jutty-out building, are you sure you're not confusing perspective with the 8 x 4 ft. piece of plywood [or whatever] Apron Man by the gate is steadying under his left arm?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Khanada View Post
                                The same way one gets them on brick streets and asphalt ones -- constant traffic over the space. If the weight of cars on wide, modern tires will do it, surely a narrow cart wheel should, given that the concentration of weight is higher, given the narrower surface over which to distribute it. And in fact they do -- but I recognise that many here may not live where I do, seeing as many Amish horse-drawn vehicles as I do.

(shrug)
                                that does not really address how the left side of her face had mud on it and how her hair was matted with mud, Khanada.It had been raining for half an hour and her head was next to the mudded wheel rut.Mud doesnt come from brick or asphalt.

Comment

Working...
                                X