distances between kills.odd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by APerno View Post

Please excuse my ignorance but I don't get the joke (regarding my very silly theory); although, there being two of them, works well with the 'double event.'
    Apologies, I guess you need to have seen the recent documentary - "I'm a rectangle and he's a rectangle and together we make a square..."

Well, it made me laugh.

Comment

• Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I've not had time to read the entire 12 pages. But first, the choice of what locations are being "joined" seems to be based upon what "joining" creates the desired outcome. As mentioned in an earlier post, join the Nichols, Chapman, Stride, and Eddowes differently and you get a cross. Add Kelly, you get a different pattern. What if Tabram was part of the series? What if Stride isn't? The distance between crimes are only similar if you choose the similar distances and ignore the ones that are not (the distance between Eddowes and Nichols is much further than the others, add Tabram in and suddenly a bunch of new lengths get included.

In the map I hope I've attached to this post, I've taken the map of locations from the BTK (Dennis Rader) crimes. If I look for parallelagrams, I can find them, if I look for triangles, I can find those (those are easy). If I look for relationships, I can find them (the big triangle on the left and the small one near the top, look like the same triangle, but different sizes; is that a sign?) I can find them in completely unrelated things too, like the map symbol placements, or the locations of ATD security offices, and the more creative I get in my search, and the more selective I get in what I choose, I can produce what I'm looking for. This is the problem when we approach a random pattern with an idea in mind of what we're looking for in the first place. We will find it.

There will be some information in the pattern of crime locations, as they reflect the travels of the criminal, areas they choose to find victims, and that will not be entirely random. But, it tends to reflect choices about distances they are willing to travel, how close to home they are willing to commit an offense, how the location of the previous offense influences their next direction of travel, and so forth. While behaviours at a specific crime scene may reflect some sort of symbolic thinking, I can't think of a single case where the locations were chosen ahead of time to specifically mark out any sort of pre-determined pattern. The whole idea requires that JtR have chosen those locations before any of the crimes were committed.

Comment

• surely this is just showing where his comfortable range of action is in relation to a 'safe' space for himself/herself etc? Thats probably the only pattern i'd find in these

Comment

Working...
        X