Name:	EXTRACT.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	666802

J-U-E-W-S.

Clear as day.

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Hi All,

No guesswork required.

J-U-E-W-S.

Clear as day.

Regards,

Simon
      Absolutely.

Although Pierre is correct in stating that the wording from Long's report should not in itself take precedence over the inquest reportings in the papers, being from November 6th, there were in fact several papers who reported Long as stating that very spelling (Juews) during the inquest October 11th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
        Hi All,

No guesswork required.

J-U-E-W-S.

Clear as day.
        I have to disagree with you there Simon. The "e" doesn't look like any other "e" visible in that extract. If it wasn't for the fact that the "s" is connected to the top of the previous letter I'd say it could be "Juwes" just from that image alone.

Having said that, it probably is "Juews" but I base that (a) on the authors of the Sourcebook having access to a better copy of the original and (b) there doesn't seem to be anything else it could sensibly be. But it's certainly not "clear as day".

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
          there were in fact several papers who reported Long as stating that very spelling (Juews) during the inquest October 11th.
          Interesting. If he actually said the spelling was 'Juews' at the inquest and put the same into his report then there isn't any inconsistency - so Simon should be very happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            Not only are Pierre, Simon and Trevor completely ignorant about pretty much everything, they are actually arrogant in there ignorance.

But that's apparently a prerequisite for membership in the Rocket Science Club.

It's also pretty amazing that they al are masters at the evade the questions by asking more questions. Which only tends to drag this nonsense out.

It's like watching a car accident in slow motion.
            Well that post was very helpful to this thread

Why dont you stop being a complete a..e and take a day off. If you had a brain you would be dangerous. When they circumcised you they must have thrown the best bit away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              Well that post was very helpful to this thread

Why dont you stop being a complete a..e and take a day off. If you had a brain you would be dangerous. When they circumcised you they must have thrown the best bit away.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
              Even your insults are lame.

Why don't you take off Trevor. You've got a lot of work to do. Those ripper Tee shirts aren't going to sell themselves.

Comment

Even your insults are lame.

Why don't you take off Trevor. You've got a lot of work to do. Those ripper Tee shirts aren't going to sell themselves.
                They are not insults, there are factually correct statements

Comment

• In PC Long's report of 6 November, Trevor, we find he says that after seeing the writing on the wall, "I at once called the PC on the adjoining beat and then searched the other staircases". Doesn't that answer your question as to where PC190H "came from"?

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                    In PC Long's report of 6 November, Trevor, we find he says that after seeing the writing on the wall, "I at once called the PC on the adjoining beat and then searched the other staircases". Doesn't that answer your question as to where PC190H "came from"?
                    Yes thank you

Comment

• Hi All,

Of course, what would be helpful is if the policemen investigating the Mitre Square murder had managed to get their stories straight.

This is part of Inspector James McWilliam's 27th October 1888 report.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MCWILLIAM 27 OCT 1888.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	666803

Regards,

Simon
                      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• So what exactly is the problem?

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                        Hi All,

Of course, what would be helpful is if the policemen investigating the Mitre Square murder had managed to get their stories straight.

This is part of Inspector James McWilliam's 27th October 1888 report.

[ATTACH]17791[/ATTACH]

Regards,

Simon
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

It's like watching a car accident in slow motion.
                          ...directed by the guy who made "Groundhog Day".

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                            So what exactly is the problem?
                            The report seems to claim that the Goulston Street part of the apron was found at 2.20. A comma would have amended it, but it is not there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                              The report seems to claim that the Goulston Street part of the apron was found at 2.20. A comma would have amended it, but it is not there.
                              Should have been 2.55am.
                              Cops are sloppy 70% of the time.
                              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                                Should have been 2.55am.
                                Cops are sloppy 70% of the time.
                                I´m supposed to believe that Mizen was never sloppy at all, that Long was sloppy (but I must lie about it and claim that he was not, or it will reflect badly on Mizen somehow; don´t ask me how that works) and that the overall force was reoccurringly sloppy, so I think I can agree to some extent.
                                We´ll see what Harry D says about it, I don´t know - he´s awfully picky.

Comment

Working...
                                X