Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H
    Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    Under the freedom of information act it surely does thats one line i have been pursuing for several weeks now
    Yes, I'm aware of that. However what makes you think its a public document?

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
      H

Yes, I'm aware of that. However what makes you think its a public document?

Monty
      Well as a former police officer you should know that an official document can be made public under the freedom of information act. The act does not relate solely to public documents.

Comment

• "The News of the World " aka "News of the Screws " was renowned for its shocking stories about all sorts of sex scandals .The stories were often considered obscene.Quite frankly the choice of this newspaper to publish Sir Robert Anderson"s and Mr Swanson"s "marginalia" additions was a bit surprising- somehow it might well have made people wonder if the story of "Mr Swanson"s "marginalia " was some sort of euphemism for a private injury of some kind!
        Last edited by Natalie Severn; 01-26-2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
          "The News of the World " aka "News of the Screws " was renowned for its shocking stories about all sorts of sex scandals .The stories were often considered obscene.Quite frankly the choice of this newspaper to publish Sir Robert Anderson"s and Mr Swanson"s "marginalia" additions was a bit surprising- somehow it might well have made people wonder if the story of "Mr Swanson"s "marginalia " was some sort of euphemism for a private injury of some kind!
          To his wallet maybe ?

Comment

• Norma,

it might well have made people wonder if the story of "Mr Swanson"s "marginalia " was some sort of euphemism for a private injury of some kind

Very good. I laughed out loud when I read that.

Don.
            "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              To his wallet maybe ?
              You never know Trevor!

Comment

• Originally posted by Supe View Post
                Norma,

it might well have made people wonder if the story of "Mr Swanson"s "marginalia " was some sort of euphemism for a private injury of some kind

Very good. I laughed out loud when I read that.

Don.
                Thanks Don glad it lightened things up a bit at this late hour[over here]!
                Cheers,
                Norma

Comment

• Hi Admin,

How reassuring to those who are working so hard in search of the truth to note that your censorial scissors have been busily excising any posts which might upset the cosy Ripperological cartel.

I do not intend wasting anymore of my time on Casebook, so please cancel my account. I'm out of here.

Sayonara.

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• "The Ripper raised his knife over the prostrate body. Our reporter made his excuses and left."

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                      I have posted this before but i recently made enquiries with the news of the world who to date have no record of any involvement deal or transaction regarding the book.
                      What I asked before was whether they would expect to have a record of it. Do they routinely retain correspondence of this type for thirty years?

We know that in 1987 Jim Swanson showed Charles Nevin of the Daily Telegraph what purported to be correspondence with the News of the World.

If it's being suggested that Jim Swanson invented the whole story about the News of the World and faked the correspondence to show to Nevin, then I have to ask why he would run the risk of inventing such a pointless lie, thereby risking exposure if Nevin checked with the News of the World.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                        Hi Admin,

How reassuring to those who are working so hard in search of the truth to note that your censorial scissors have been busily excising any posts which might upset the cosy Ripperological cartel.

I do not intend wasting anymore of my time on Casebook, so please cancel my account. I'm out of here.

Sayonara.

Simon
                        Its a shame to see such a fine researsher leave casebook.

I am concerned with regards to all of the complaints that are being made. I was subjected to complaints before but as in these recent cases was never told who the complainants were a practice I find totally un acceptable.

I have a belief that some of the complaints are being made by members who take no active part in open discussions but sit behind closed doors firing their ammuntion at casebook admin when they think they dont like the tone of what is being discussed thus forcing admin to take action and silence them

If that be the case and these members have complaints then they should have the b..ls to come on here and air their complaints not sit and hide like "nocturnal numpties"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          What I asked before was whether they would expect to have a record of it. Do they routinely retain correspondence of this type for thirty years?

We know that in 1987 Jim Swanson showed Charles Nevin of the Daily Telegraph what purported to be correspondence with the News of the World.

If it's being suggested that Jim Swanson invented the whole story about the News of the World and faked the correspondence to show to Nevin, then I have to ask why he would run the risk of inventing such a pointless lie, thereby risking exposure if Nevin checked with the News of the World.
                          I am not suggesting anything but from my experinence i have seen and heard over the years many people invent what they belive to be plausible stories or excuses without thinking what is going to happen to them when they are closely scrutinised and when they are its to late for them they are left floundering.

As I have said before in an attempt to prove or disprove the authenticity of the annotations further tests should be carried out. After all its been six years since the last handwriting test forensics have move on by leaps and bounds since then.

Comment

Sayonara.
                            Hi Simon

allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Hi Admin,

Sayonara.

Simon
                              I asked nicely. I was clear and transparent. The Casebook world knew my position, however you stood by your false accusation and provided NO evidence. You also encouraged me to report so I did, and yet you stil accuse. And in doing so drawn my reputation in to question as a person. I don't play games regarding that sorta thing.

To clarify, as far as I'm aware there is no cartel. Obviously there are certain peope within the fields who are turned to by other less knowledgeable people/organisations but that hardly consists a cartel.

There is no conspiracey of silence as far as I'm aware, however what do I know? Very little actually. Obviously people have issues on this thread and would rather make outlandish claims as to them, it is the only answer. That's fine, just don't hammer others who do not follow such 'conspiracey of silence' theories, labelling them as you do so.

I hope you reconsider Simon.

Monty

PS you are not the only one working hard. Just that some do not bleat on about it.
                              Last edited by Monty; 01-27-2011, 07:13 AM.
                              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Hello Simon,

Ego, position, totem poles, pairings, groupings, behind the scenes goings-on, s******ing, suggestions, non-transparancy, accusations, pride, envy.

Whenever a most respected researcher and or writer over many many years leaves a public forum, I despair.

Chris Scott, A.P.Wolf, Simon Wood, amongst others have graced these boards with their work because of an interest, deep interest in a subject we all enthuse over.

Something is very wrong if they feel forced to leave or are forced to leave by decision.

Criticising admin(whoever those people are) is apparently not the done thing, I am led to believe. However we are, hopefully, down here on the ground allowed to suggest things.

I suggest someone somewhere looks at attracting researchers to these boards.

No doubt someone, and I could guess who, will jump on this posting with fast effect, probably resuilting in some sort of admonishment. Personal opinion.

I am really really sorry to see you go Simon. Sadly though, it will please some others.
                                Rocking the boat, turning over the piles of rubbish that cover some parts of Ripperology is not acceptable for some. I am really glad you do. It is needed. Cartel or no cartel.

Ego, position, totem poles, pairings, groupings, behind the scenes goings-on, s******ing, suggestions, non-transparancy, accusations, pride, envy...somewhere in that lot lies a tale or two.

My very best wishes to you Simon. I totally agree with Trevor Marriott. Its a shame.

Phil
                                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                                Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                                X