No announcement yet.

Seaside Home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does seem to suggest that they were on top of him. Mighty lucky if he was able to miss them by accident..................
    In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

• Hi Lynn...and if I recall correctly there was less than a quarter of an hour between Watkins visits - unless I've misremembered...

Dave

Comment

• theories

Hello Dave. Yes, but some theorisers postulate a missed go round. And I saw one bit of speculation in which Watkins actually caught a glimpse of the killer fleeing.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Or perhaps it was Harvey, lurking in a doorway at the far end of the alley who saw the suspect pass?

Dave

Comment

• Interesting speculation which is still only just on-topic anyway!

Dave

Comment

• sacking

Hello Dave.

"Or perhaps it was Harvey, lurking in a doorway at the far end of the alley who saw the suspect pass?"

And, as has been pointed out earlier in this thread, if that were later discovered, it would make an excellent ground for a sacking.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• Yes Lynn

Especially a quiet sacking for ostensibly unrecorded reasons...

Dave

Comment

• more than lucky

Does seem to suggest that they were on top of him. Mighty lucky if he was able to miss them by accident..................
                  And if as we're surmising, it wasn't pure luck Kat?

Dave

Comment

• mere speculation

Hello Dave. One can understand one's fear IF one witnesses such. Perjury under oath is a bit less excusable.

Of course, this is all mere speculation--I have no idea why he was sacked.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• Of course, this is all mere speculation
                      Of course Lynn...but I think Bridewell's concept has given us some worthwhile food for thought at least!

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                        Of course Lynn...but I think Bridewell's concept has given us some worthwhile food for thought at least!

Dave
                        Not that it matters but Bridewells post was something discussed some years back and mentioned in an article.

Can't think by whom though.

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Ah well - Still an interesting source for idle speculation though Monty!

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                            Hi Rob,

Thats what I have also.

They worked a left handed short beat.

Monty
                            But were not the beats reversed on that night I seem to recall or is the picture showing the beats on the night of the murder.

Comment

• Clock/Anticlock

But were not the beats reversed on that night I seem to recall or is the picture showing the beats on the night of the murder.
                              Hi Trevor

I may be wrong (as you know I often am!) but I think they used generally to work a right hand beat, but at the last minute on this night they were reversed to left hand...

Dave

Comment

• I owe you an apology Wolf. I got confused with White. Sorry
                                No, Monty, I'm the one who should apologize for that snarky response. Sorry about that.

Wolf.

Comment

Working...
                                X