Seaside Home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
    And I would say yes if they felt there was certainly going to be no trial, though Id expect some correspondence of sorts to have been made.

However the crux is the statement that the witness refused to give testimony, this would indicate that they were indeed looking at a trial.

Therefore, in that case, Id be argeement with Trevor.

Twice in a day....I need a lie down.

Monty
    Your commission just went uo to 25%

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Jeff. But for the Crawford letter to refer to Kosminski's family, we would need to believe that a poor immigrant family had access to a member of the peerage.

Was that usual?

Cheers.
      LC
      Hello Lynn,

Especially those whose family member in question allegedly masturbating his member in a public gutter!
      Perhaps the peer was a dog lover? Hehe
      After all "We cant prove he wasn't"

kindly

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

• respectable

Hello Phil.

"Especially those whose family member in question allegedly masturbating his member in a public gutter!"

Which brings up the question, "Isn't the family being described a "respectable" one?" After all, they seem worried about the family name.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Hello Jeff. But for the Crawford letter to refer to Kosminski's family, we would need to believe that a poor immigrant family had access to a member of the peerage.

Was that usual?Cheers.
          LC
          I think the theory put forward was that Crawford was on a commision / equirary? Into Sweating practices..

Far from being poor the Kosminski's were comparatively wealthy family producing Mantles from their Tailouring work shop..a sweater shop

It has been proposed that Aaron might have been a night watchman for teh premises which was just over the road from Berner Street..

Something that couldnt have gone un-noticed by Swanson, hence why he sort out Schwartz as a witness...

As that workshop was also a local employer I've also always wondered if Schwartz new it or even worked there?

But all speculation of course

Yours Jeff

PS I've also speculated that the workshop would have had chemicals in its manufacture process...Schizophrenia psychosis requires some sort of trigger..
          Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 03-30-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• My Lord!

Hello Jeff. Hmm, I have a 1000+ page report on the sweating inquiry. I could have a go at that.

What alternate names did Crawford have? Sometimes the Lords used various names/titles.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Brighton?

Hello Trevor. Thanks.

But do we know that it was Brighton?

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn

I have added to my previous post in one here.

It doesnt matter where the seaside home was the same would still apply

Comment

• distance

Hello Trevor. But at least it would not be quite so far.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Hello Jeff. Hmm, I have a 1000+ page report on the sweating inquiry. I could have a go at that.

What alternate names did Crawford have? Sometimes the Lords used various names/titles.

Cheers.LC
                    I'm afraid I dont know Crawford used different names. The theory was first expanded by Rob House so you could see if he has any more information, certainly he would be familiar with the sweater report.

To my knowledge Sweating was a practice no one liked including those involved and was largely forced by department stores demanding larger profit margins

Yours Jeff

Comment

• sweating

Hello Jeff. Thanks.

Actually, I found some testimony from a scant handful who liked it. But to be successful, one had to be exceptionally nimble and quick.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Hello Jeff. Thanks.

Actually, I found some testimony from a scant handful who liked it. But to be successful, one had to be exceptionally nimble and quick.

Cheers.
                        LC
                        Jack be nimble Jack be quick Jack jump over the candle stick

Sorry about the worst pun this year permission to shoot me I'm going stir crazy....have been working on nursery rhymes all day..

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                          i have only ever come across one direct confrotation used in an ID issue and that was in the 1970`s, pre PACE it was used as a last resort at police stations, simply because the police knew it had virtually no evidential value on its own and it was though that the suspect might suddenly confess.
                          The issue is one of context, though, Trev. Whereas in the Seventies investigators had recourse to fingerprinting and bloodtyping, the Victorian police had no such luxury. As a consequence witness testimonies and identifications assumed far greater importance in police investigations and subsequent criminal trials. So whilst the Seaside Home affair might appear odd by latter-day standards, it clearly wasn't an extraordinary occurrence for those engaged on the Whitechapel manhunt.

As for the rarity of the 'direct confrontation', I seem to recall that the Pizer-Violenia encounter was just such an event. Perhaps, then, it was more common than is generally recognized.

Comment

• Ker-ching Garry,

Spot on.

The contemporary aspect has been missing.

Monty
                            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Well, Monty, one only has to recall the outrageous interrogations to which alleged rape victims were subjected in the Seventies to see how policing methods change over time. Context is everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                                In 25 years NONE of these things have been answered. Why? Because there is no evidence to disprove any of these points.... In 25 years, they have not. The facts stand up on their own and are seen to be correct. No evidence has been shown to the contrary on any of the above points.
                                Is 25 years a long enough wait before shuting the door?

Comment

Working...
                                X