Seaside Home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Scott,

"[Police] work done to rightly acquit him [Sadler]" is a bit loaded.

Surely that should be "work done rightly in order to either charge or acquit him."

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by auspirograph View Post
      I am inclined to question Anderson's version of events. In my opinion based on further documentary proof, I would go further and say that his version left to prosperity was politically motivated.
      A big statement that requires a decent explanation.

Was Anderson trying to start UK pogroms?

And, by the way, the word is 'posterity'.
      allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Headscratching

I'm puzzled now, or perhaps I have my chronology wrong...or perhaps I'm just too thick to get it...but after the abortive ID incident wasn't the suspect released back into the care of his brother?

I thought, as far as Kominski was concerned, this happened after his commital to the Work House 0n 12th July 1890 and release on 15th July 1890.

I thought the whole point was ,that when he was readmitted to the Work House on 4th February 1891, he wasn't released back into the care of his brother, but admitted direct to Colney Hatch on 7th February 1891...

So aren't we talking a potential ID in July 1890 rather than 1891, or have I got my facts muddled somewhere? And before someone jumps to conclusions, I haven't got a point to make...just genuinely puzzled....

Help please someone

Dave

Comment

• Hi Dave,

You're confused?

Join the club.

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• divorce

Hello Mike.

"The only problem for me with these kind of threads Andrew is that my wife threatens divorce."

Hmm, my problem is that my wife WON'T threaten me with divorce.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
              I'm puzzled now, or perhaps I have my chronology wrong...or perhaps I'm just too thick to get it...but after the abortive ID incident wasn't the suspect released back into the care of his brother?

I thought, as far as Kominski was concerned, this happened after his commital to the Work House 0n 12th July 1890 and release on 15th July 1890.

I thought the whole point was ,that when he was readmitted to the Work House on 4th February 1891, he wasn't released back into the care of his brother, but admitted direct to Colney Hatch on 7th February 1891...

So aren't we talking a potential ID in July 1890 rather than 1891, or have I got my facts muddled somewhere? And before someone jumps to conclusions, I haven't got a point to make...just genuinely puzzled....

Yes, it's all very puzzling. What on earth has Kosminski got to do with Lawende and Sadler and Grainger and even Anderson?

In Athletics it's called 'jumping the gun'.
              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
                The only problem for me with these kind of threads Andrew is that my wife threatens divorce, since I'm not paying attention to her. I think she just said, "You spend all that time on the computer, and (blah, blah, blah,...)"

Isn't this stuff obsessive!

Mike
                I'm Happy to lend you the costumes and you can have hours of fun trying to figure out how the murders were commited...did wonders of my relationship

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                  I dont profess to be an historian and you shouldnt try to be a criminal investigator.

You time and time again show you know nothing about investigating crimes and assesing and evaluating evidence and being able to distinguish what actually is evidence.

I will now finally withdraw I am sure you wil stay and continue to keep going over the same old same in realtion to this topic.

The only sensible thing you have said on here is the fact that we should let the public decide, I am in total agreement they have no hidden agendas and will either accept or reject much of what has been written over the past and present years and perhaps even in future years. I know there will be new evidence coming into the public domain so time will tell watch this space.

I see that Neil Storey is releasing some new photographs at York. I will have to dig deep into my evidence bag to see what I can unleash !
                  The conclusions Trevor has drawn regarding organ removal and the apron piece indicates that his evaluation of evidence is somewhat questionable.

His continous, and tedious, rant that missing documentation is a poor reason. Another example of a lack of understanding and flexability. The fact remains that parts of the case file is missing and what we do not know.

As frustrating as it is.

Monty
                  Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                    I'm Happy to lend you the costumes and you can have hours of fun trying to figure out how the murders were commited...did wonders of my relationship
                    Hi Jeff,

Now, there could be a comedy Ripper movie in the making!

Lynn, you're not the first person I've heard that from!

Mike
                    The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                    http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Help please someone

Dave
                      My understanding is that Kosminski was placed into care for three days from 12th July 1890...he was released...common as schizophrenia is wave like it comes and goes...sometimes ill sometimes sane..

Hes not ID'ed until feb 1891...

Also I might speculate that an attack placed him in an 'Private' asylum in Surrey March 1889...but thats speculation

Yours Jeff

PS Mike, buy your long suffering wife some flowers and take her out to dinner...this stuff is endless...I've struck lucky by finding someone whose now my writing partner, so sunday morning in bed with an autopsy report is now seventh heaven, we're also working on a comedy so you guys are an endless source of material..good luck
                      Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 03-27-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Hi Jeff

Yes, thanks, that admission in March 1889 is in the MM...

But it's that Feb 1891 ID date that puzzles me...I keep seeing references to it and wonder where it comes from...because I thought, per the Swanson Marginalia, Kosminski was released back to the care of his brother (which happened in 1890 rather than 1891)...

Still baffled (not an unusual state of affairs!)

Dave
                        Last edited by Cogidubnus; 03-28-2012, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Hi Jeff

Hi dave,,dont quote me on that I was being naughty...March 1989 is indeed the specualtion date that throws all into a tizzle..

Swanson believes that Kosminski is placed into an asylumn at this date. Fido Speculates that he is talking about Cohen.

I'm speculating that Kosminski possibly went into a private asylum in surrey at this time but it is that speculation so be careful how you quote me.

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                          But it's that Feb 1891 ID date that puzzles me...I keep seeing references to it and wonder where it comes from...because I thought, per the Swanson Marginalia, Kosmoski was released back to the care of his brother (which happened in 1890 rather than 1891)...

Dave
                          Well I have a copy of the A to Z in front of me at all times and its on P268 but i assume referances the mile end work house records.

What interests me is that it clearly shows that their was disagreement about how to handle Aaron within the Kosminski Family, i mean three days?

Yours Jeff

PS incidently I own the only copy of the A to Z in the world Signed by Michael Schumar..its would make a great charity auction if Mr Paul Begg were agreeable and it could be signed by the worlds leading authorities..its still in pretty good condition even though it went to New York reading it
                          Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 03-28-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• A-Z

Hi Jeff

Yes of course it is...P269 is where the ID is in mine...Must've missed it first (and second!) times round...like you say though, it must come from Mile End Town Work House or Asylum records or the like...

And yes I did catch on you were being mischievous about March 1889...just wondered how far you'd take it!

Cheers

Dave

PS later on: (1894) Demented and Incoherent, Health fair...sounds like me!

Comment

Hi Jeff

But it's that Feb 1891 ID date that puzzles me...I keep seeing references to it and wonder where it comes from...because I thought, per the Swanson Marginalia, Kosminski was released back to the care of his brother (which happened in 1890 rather than 1891)...

Dave
                              Hi Cog
                              first admittance to the workhouse - July 12, 1890
                              second stint at workhouse - Feb 4, 1891 then admitted directly to Colney Hatch asylum Feb, 7 1891. Stayed there till his death.

It is generally beleived that the events described in the margenalia took place between the first and second stint at the workhouse.

Comment

• There is no reference to the ID other than the Swanson Marginalia and Anderson (and likely Robert Sagar's recollections). Kosminski was released back to his brother's care in July 1890. But we don't know what transpired after that, until he was brought back to the workhouse by persons unknown on February 4, 1891. The identification, if it happened, was probably a few days before the February 4th date. The suspect was watched by day and night, and "in a very short time..." he was brought to the workhouse with his hands tied behind his back.

Comment

Working...
                                X