Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap'n Jack
    replied
    Every single letter that Littlechild wrote as a private detective is easily available to read on the net, from his beginning to his end. Even his expenses are recorded. Just not this one.

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Unless their provinence is sound and the appropriate tests have been undertaken, as has been the case with this letter.

Unlike some which are held in public record offices.

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
    Littlechild's letters are actually very well recorded, and a matter of public record. The letters that are not should be treated with due caution.
    How fascinating! Where can this "public record" of Littlechild's letters be found? I'm sure it would be an extremely useful resource for all of us.

Leave a comment:

• Cap'n Jack
    replied
    Littlechild's letters are actually very well recorded, and a matter of public record. The letters that are not should be treated with due caution.

Leave a comment:

• Natalie Severn
    replied
    Hi John,
    I hadnt realised that Sims had only saved that letter? But if thats the case ,since Sims had once been very interested in the case,its just possible he may have thought he had at last discovered who Jack the Ripper was!Myself I just can"t see JtR as having been an exhibitionist like Tumblety.But you never know.......!

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    How do we know he didnt John?

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Johnr
    started a topic THe Littlechild Letter.

THe Littlechild Letter.

Regarding the Littlechild Letter:

Does anyone have a view as to why George R. Sims might have saved that particular letter and not any other of John Littlechilds missives?

JOHN RUFFELS
Working...
X