Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police group photo

Hi,

Has anyone got a high quality copy of the below image, I wondered whether the collar number of the officers are able to be read. I'm sure in the past I have seen an officer's image blown up from this photo and his number ID'd him as PC 452.H WILLIAM SMITH?

Just like to see if any others can be read. When I zoom in on my copy it's too blurry.

Thanks, Jon

Click image for larger version

Name:	h-div.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	671141

Given that an enlarged head shot of PC Smith, with a readable collar ID, is published in the "Ultimate Sourcebook", I'd say approaching Stewart Evans is your best bet.

(Yes that is Smith, 4th row back (up) and 3rd from the left)
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Second row up, fourth left looks like he's holding a flat helmet.

Comment

He's an officer and it's a "kepi" or shako, the equivelent of a peaked cap today. Other ranks wore the helmet in service dress.

I'm using military terminology rather than police though.

Phil

Comment

On behalf of Neil (Monty), who as always is more than happy to help, I can share a version of H Div. with a few PC's identified.

Sorry it is not Hi-Def.

Thankyou Neil!
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Thank you Monty, I thought a few may have been identified by someone out there. If anyone out there has any collar numbers from any of the men, could they please post and I will try and ID them.

Cheers,

Jon

Comment

CID H Division

I have found the following photograph and as I have not seen it on any of the posts, thought someone might be interested.

HDivision1889.pdf

Comment

Hi Swampy,

I have seen that photo before, which is said to depict H Division Detectives in 1889.
                Does anyone know the origin of the photo and who has named the men?

Thanks,

Jon

Comment

Working...
                X