The Night Watchman George Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Night Watchman George Morris

The man commented that he wished "the butcher" would come to mitre square because he'd no doubt hear him. What'd the Ripper do? Come to Mitre Square and do just that. Morris could hear the police coming but couldn't hear a woman being butchered. I mean I know the place was dark but how did the Ripper do the dead AND manage to escape? Be there, doing all that, and still escaping unseen by anyone. Or maybe he WAS seen but just blended well for some reason. I mean wouldn't The Ripper had been covered in blood?
    How I ask.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mitre-square-murder-corner.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	758865
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	mitre-square-murder-corner.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	758865
      kk so the murder happened in that corner there? I'm assuming at night it's super dark especially back then. I can accept that no one saw anything due to the cover of darkness and all that but how did he do it so quietly, I mean basically disembowel the poor lady, without a noise such that would tell someone something was going on? Not to mention, look at all those windows. He gets away without anyone seeing a thing. No one saw anything, no one heard anything, and stuff like that takes time, even IF you know what you're doing, it takes time to just slice someone up. How'd he get away without being seen?

Comment

Strangulation would prevent screaming or talking and reduce haemorrhaging from the throat. IMO, it is very likely that before cutting the throat, Jack would find a way strangle his victims, preventing them for making much noise and reduce the amount of blood he got on him.

Also silent shoes were obtainable with suspects like G. Wentworth Bell Smith and LeGrand owning them.

The mutilation would take around 5-10 minutes which in the middle of the night isn't too long. I'm guessing the windows would probably have their shutters closed so if would alert Jack if anybody wanted to look out and I'm believe it would require the owner to go outside to open them. If there was the prospect of a serial killer outside the house I don't think any of the residents would want to confront him.

Ironically police boots weren't silent and would also alert Jack if they got close.

Comment

Originally posted by Astatine211 View Post
          Strangulation would prevent screaming or talking and reduce haemorrhaging from the throat. IMO, it is very likely that before cutting the throat, Jack would find a way strangle his victims, preventing them for making much noise and reduce the amount of blood he got on him.

Also silent shoes were obtainable with suspects like G. Wentworth Bell Smith and LeGrand owning them.

The mutilation would take around 5-10 minutes which in the middle of the night isn't too long. I'm guessing the windows would probably have their shutters closed so if would alert Jack if anybody wanted to look out and I'm believe it would require the owner to go outside to open them. If there was the prospect of a serial killer outside the house I don't think any of the residents would want to confront him.

Ironically police boots weren't silent and would also alert Jack if they got close.
          hmmmmm ok then

Comment

Originally posted by clark2710 View Post

kk so the murder happened in that corner there? I'm assuming at night it's super dark especially back then. I can accept that no one saw anything due to the cover of darkness and all that but how did he do it so quietly, I mean basically disembowel the poor lady, without a noise such that would tell someone something was going on? Not to mention, look at all those windows. He gets away without anyone seeing a thing. No one saw anything, no one heard anything, and stuff like that takes time, even IF you know what you're doing, it takes time to just slice someone up. How'd he get away without being seen?
            Not so much the corner that Dave's pointing out, but the gates, and the building behind them. And who might have had access to it that night.
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Astatine211 View Post

The danger of the strangulation method is the possibility of the intended victim, breaking the grasp of the hands, and calling for help.
              Perhaps the first step in silencing the victim was a severe blow to the celiac (solar) plexus.
              That may have been the cause of the fall against the fence, at the back of 29 Hanbury street - an already strangled victim could possibly be lowered relatively gently.
              It have also have been the reason Harriet Lilley heard a moan of pain, followed by gasps, nearby to the murder spot on Buck's Row.
              The People, Sep 9:

Mrs. Lilley said: I slept in the front of the house, and could hear everything that occurred in the street. On that Thursday night I was somehow very restless. Well, I heard something I mentioned to my husband in the morning. It was a painful moan - two or three faint gasps - and then it passed away. It was quite dark at the time, but a luggage train went by as I heard the sounds. There was, too, a sound of whispers underneath the window. I distinctly heard voices, but cannot say what was said - it was too faint. I then woke my husband, and said to him, "I don't know what possesses me, but I cannot sleep to-night."

These sounds don't seem like they would be due to strangulation, and once the throat is cut, moaning is not possible.
              Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Not so much the corner that Dave's pointing out, but the gates, and the building behind them. And who might have had access to it that night.
                so over the fence? That's even worse. Look at all those windows, no one had a window without shudders? I see a few. I'm just more and more convinced that the Ripper was just really really lucky

Comment

Comment

All he had to do was run around the corner to no. 6 Mitre Street before Watkins came up the street.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                        All he had to do was run around the corner to no. 6 Mitre Street before Watkins came up the street.
                        That's what I'm saying. You can hear the cops coming, you can hear people walking around, you can hear the watchman walking towards you, but no one hears a woman being slaughtered and killed. That's how it goes through my mind

Comment

I believe one should consider the timing of the assault along with the overall blood transfer probable, from the perspective of acceptance of the Lawende sighting as valid. Personally, I dont myself, but I know others do. But if it was Kate, then not only was he in almost pitch black darkness but he also had to get Kate in there and do all he did within around 6 minutes, allowing time to get out unseen by Harvey or Watkins. But I dont believe Harvey actually looked into the square, so who knows?
                          Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
                          X