• Show
Clear All

teaching

Hello David. Close. Try "paedogogic."

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

figure it out

Hello Caroline. I am suggesting that it was figured out later.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

all ears

Hello Stephen. Go ahead. I'll listen.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Try "paedogogic."
          LC
          Ugly word. Try it yourself.

Comment

Stephen, don't tell that old skintflint who wouldn't invite me a barrel of Bruichladdich, I beg you.

Comment

Lent

Hello David. Well, you could loan me the price.

In the meantime, will you give up the lone serial killer rot--just for Lent?

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Looks like a Jehovah's Witness desperately trying to sell his trash, my dear...

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  Hello DB. Is it possible that one of the police "solutions" coincided with the real solution?

Cheers.
                  LC
                  Anything is possible, but I think it only slightly more likely the police solutions and suspects are the real solution than "person or persons unknown".

Although it is possible someday we may run across the evidence to "solve" the Whitechapel Murders, in the meantime we are in the realm of "informed speculation" with a very limited amount of clues, some of which are of at least disputed reliability and relevance to the crimes.

Having said that, our quest for possible answers, with prehaps inobtainable goal of a real solution, isn't without merit and is certainly a healthy mental exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by D.B.Wagstaff View Post
                    Anything is possible, but I think it only slightly more likely the police solutions and suspects are the real solution than "person or persons unknown".

Although it is possible someday we may run across the evidence to "solve" the Whitechapel Murders, in the meantime we are in the realm of "informed speculation" with a very limited amount of clues, some of which are of at least disputed reliability and relevance to the crimes.

Having said that, our quest for possible answers, with prehaps inobtainable goal of a real solution, isn't without merit and is certainly a healthy mental exercise.
                    By the way, to paraphrase Hunter S. Thompson, I would never recommend alcohol, drugs, or insanity, but I find barrels, or any sized container, of adult libations enormously helpful in my somewhat feeble attempts to make sense of the White Chapel Murders . . .

Comment

Dum spiro, spero.

Hello DB. Well spoke that. Yet hope springs eternal.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

...when you're down on your knees.

Yes, I quite like the idea that a few senior police officials got together about 1892, when over the files and picked a likely Ripper out of a short list of suspects. It was quite likely decided it was Kosminski, but really should have been Cohen.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                          You'll tell me who was under lock and key one day, Stephen.
                          Well that would be a fine thing, David. What one has to ask is how an unknown and uncaught serial killer can have a finite number of victims.

You're a thoughtful person. Think about that.
                          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Hi Stephen,

"What one has to ask is how an unknown and uncaught serial killer can have a finite number of victims."

A most excellent question.

Regards,

Simon
                            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                              Hi Stephen,

"What one has to ask is how an unknown and uncaught serial killer can have a finite number of victims."

A most excellent question.

Many thanks, Simon.

I do try.
                              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Ah!

Hello Stephen. Now you're talking.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X