Was there a Police solution ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Maybe its just me but, when I read, "Was there a police solution?", I interpreted the question to mean, one correct solution, not, how many different police solutions were there?

Regards, Jon S.
    That's how we all interpret it, Jon. But precisely, to me (and not only me, I guess), the very fact that there were several "solutions" makes me believe that there was in fact no solution at all.

Comment

I voted no, as there was no official police solution despite some police officials having their own personal (and divergent) solutions and some police officials sure there was no solution at all.

Comment

solutions

Hello DB. Is it possible that one of the police "solutions" coincided with the real solution?

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Hi Lynn. Is it possible that DB would know this ? (heh-heh)

Comment

opinion

Hello David. I ask merely that he opine.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

Morning, Lynn.
              Well, Kosminski is a viable candidate. Chapman, err..almost. Druitt is a complete mystery. These are the main known "police solutions".
              But some may think there were unknown police solutions.

Comment

comparison shopping

Hello David. Actually, I like Chapman better than Kosminski--but that says little--after all, at least Chapman was violent.

Did you forget Tumblety?

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  Did you forget Tumblety?
                  LC
                  I seem to remember that unviable suspect.

Comment

viability

Hello David. Well, not very many are viable. But he's no worse than another--especially if you are seeking a lone killer.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

Hello David. Well, not very many are viable. But he's no worse than another--especially if you are seeking a lone killer.

Cheers.
                      LC
                      He's as viable as Elephant Man, if you ask me.

Comment

minutiae

Hello David. As they all are. But, rather than amass suspects, I prefer to get answers to the minutiae. And therein lies our answer.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

As they all are.
                          LC
                          It's indeed very convenient to level-off everything. Almost demagogic.

Comment

Is it possible that one of the police "solutions" coincided with the real solution?
                            Not if all their suspects were about as viable as the Elephant Man, I shouldn't think, Lynn.

I think it would be like winning the lottery three weeks running if any solution the police had come up with had coincided with the real one. Remember, nobody saw anyone killing a single one of the Whitechapel victims; nobody was found with incriminating evidence; nobody gave a credible confession and nobody - as far as I am aware - was questioned and believed guilty, but had to be let go because the case wasn't quite strong enough to obtain a conviction.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hello Stephen. I tend to agree with you on that.

Care to share your ideas about the solution itself? I would love to hear your ideas.

Thanks Lynn and also Jon in the the post after that.

My thinking is that Alice MacKenzie was a totally archetypal JTR victim and would have been regarded as such had not JTR been under lock and key at the time she was murdered. My earlier post to our French friend David was intended to explain the philosophy of official and private deceit.
                              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

You'll tell me who was under lock and key one day, Stephen. I'll listen devoutly sipping on a pint of Murphy's. Or two. Or twelve. Depends how long is your story.

Comment

Working...
                                X