Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thames Police Photographs

Hello there,
    I read some where on this forum that the Thames Police used to photograph every dead body found in the Thames since 1872.
    Doe anyone here have knowledge of such a practice, and if yes, what happened to those photographs? This might be interesting in connection to Druitt.
    thank for your replies
    greetings
    Lukas
    " The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. "

Albert Einstein

Hi Lukas

I did some research into this a few years back and it turned out that the Thames water police did not cover the river as far as Chiswick were Druitts body was found.

Rgds
    John

Comment

I see, but it would still be interesting to see some of those photographs, wouldn`t it? Did you found anything during your research? Please post some links if you did,
      thanks
      " The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. "

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Lukas,

I don't recall reading anything of the River Police photographing dead bodies, and whatever notes I may have made back at the time seem to have disappeared.

You might try the following link for further information on the River Thames Police;

Rgds
        John

Comment

Working...
        X