Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong

Hello Nico,

Thanks. pride myself on being accurate, so this was a blow! Can only think that I read this early on and that it stuck! I have always wondered why such a fuss was made about the knife at the inquest - now I know!

Best wishes,
    C4

Comment

• was the whole blade used.

Hi everyone, there are different given length's on the Coram knife (blade only), this is from memory, said in inquest and newspaper report's 9" 10" and 12" long, why did'nt the hell just measure it !!
      Iwould like to make clear that the purpose of this therad is not on proveing that the Coram knife was the knife used by the Whitecapel murderer BUT to prove that the knife I have is the original knife that Thomas Coram found along the Whitechapel road nearly 24 hour's after Eddowes murder.
      The following is from Eddowes inquest.

(coroner) Does the nature of the wound's lead to any conclusion as to the instrument that was used ?

(Dr Fredrick Gordon Brown) It must have been a sharp - pointed knife and I shall say at least 6in long.

Here Dr Brown clearly states "at least 6 inches long" so he presumes it could of been longer ! how longer !! if Jack only used half of the length of the blade of his knife to inflict the wound's and mutilation's were talking of a blade 12 inches long. One thing that baffles me is how did the doctor's back then calculate the length of the blade used in the murder's by only viewing the wound's and mutilation's ?

Hi Ricardnunweek, yes I did think of Barnett, but I was more going a long the lines of a Jewish fishmonger, based on what Jon pointed out about the three notches indicating a Jewish fish knife, although I still favor the notches being to mark an attack or kill performed by the knife !! all the best.

Niko

Comment

• No luck !!

Hi everybody, still no luck with my research !! "dam".

Many people think that the Thomas Coram knife was a round ended knife and about an inch wide. (which to my believe is not so)

The following I think explain's quite well that the blade of the knife was wider than an inch and the point (tip) was rounded off.

Dr Phillps coment on the knife appeared in the Daily Telegraph, 6 Ocober -

The knife produced on the last occassion was not sharp pointed, was it ? - No, it was rounded off at the tip which was about an inch across. The blade was wider at the base. Was there anything to indicate that the cut on the neck of the deceased was made with a pointed knife ? - Nothing.

He also claim's it was a sliceing knife.
        All the best.

Niko

Comment

• Thats not a knife!

THats a knife....(gotta stick up for Sheffield Cutlers)....I reckon its the one that killed Martha Tabram...only took a sec

Comment

• Originally posted by andy1867 View Post

Thats not a knife!

THats a knife....(gotta stick up for Sheffield Cutlers)....I reckon its the one that killed Martha Tabram...only took a sec
            Amazing pen-knife Andy 1867 !! but are you sure it only took a second or did it take 39 second's, all the best.

Niko

Comment

• rounded end

Hi all,

Don't know whether this has been mentioned before, apologies if so, but I was once told that the points were often broken or rounded off on the personal knives of sailors (in the Royal Navy, possibly also on merchant vessels), presumably to prevent stabbings on board.

Cheers!
              Harry
              aye aye! keep yer 'and on yer pfennig!

Comment

• Originally posted by niko View Post
                Amazing pen-knife Andy 1867 !! but are you sure it only took a second or did it take 39 second's, all the best.

Niko
                Called the Norfolk Knife Nico, made by Joseph Rodgers and Sons Sheffield for The Great exhibition of 1951, I can remember seeing it in a museum in the City as a kid, a bit off topic tho' sorry
                andy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon_Slider View Post
                  Hello, first post. I found this thread while searching the net for knives with 3 notches.
                  The three marks on utensils were used to identify halavi, milk. An only of wooden vessels that could not be boiled. Fish were not part of that. Fish are parve, and any utensil for fish does not require marking as it is something of a neutral food. And anything you would use a pen knife for would be parve or basari. Neutral or meat. So either way it should not have halavi markings on it.

So why are they marked? No idea. Clearly they were marked on purpose. What that purpose is, I don't even have a guess.
                  The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                    The three marks on utensils were used to identify halavi, milk. An only of wooden vessels that could not be boiled. Fish were not part of that. Fish are parve, and any utensil for fish does not require marking as it is something of a neutral food. And anything you would use a pen knife for would be parve or basari. Neutral or meat. So either way it should not have halavi markings on it.

So why are they marked? No idea. Clearly they were marked on purpose. What that purpose is, I don't even have a guess.
                    Hi Errata, Jon claimed that the the three notches were used on knives only used for fish in Jewish culture.
                    The knife I have has three notches carved on the side of the wooden handle, your right they were done on purpose, why ? my only thought is they were carved to indicate three attacks, possibly three murder's but who really knows their meaning is who carved the notches, all the best.

Niko

Comment

• Ineed some help please.

Hello everyone, I need some help on my quest !! I have tried everthing in my mean's but no luck.
                      I am searching for some information on a person, this person is vital in my research, this is the information that I have on this person.

Birth - London, possibbly Mile End E1 or Bow E3. Year of birth 1920 or around.

Name - Eddie. Laurence. Lovering. His christian name could be Aaron or maybe Edward or Edwin as he was known as Eddie.

Address - 305 Bancroft Road, Mile End, London E 1, I am sure that he lived at this address the year's betwween 1970 and 1980. There is also another address that could be helpful, number 2 Jebb Street Bow London E3.

Relgion - Jewish.

I would be very grateful for your help, I know that there are very good researcher's on this site, (shame I can't say the same for myself) so I think that I might find some information with your aid, such us birth certificate, death certificate or electoral register information. Thankyou for your co-operation, all the best.

Niko

Comment

• Originally posted by niko View Post
                        Hello everyone, I need some help on my quest !! I have tried everthing in my mean's but no luck.
                        I am searching for some information on a person, this person is vital in my research, this is the information that I have on this person.

Birth - London, possibbly Mile End E1 or Bow E3. Year of birth 1920 or around.

Name - Eddie. Laurence. Lovering. His christian name could be Aaron or maybe Edward or Edwin as he was known as Eddie.

Address - 305 Bancroft Road, Mile End, London E 1, I am sure that he lived at this address the year's betwween 1970 and 1980. There is also another address that could be helpful, number 2 Jebb Street Bow London E3.

Relgion - Jewish.

I would be very grateful for your help, I know that there are very good researcher's on this site, (shame I can't say the same for myself) so I think that I might find some information with your aid, such us birth certificate, death certificate or electoral register information. Thankyou for your co-operation, all the best.
                        Does that mean that you've decided the person you mentioned previously (Aaron Raphael Cohen, b. 1921) is not the right one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          Does that mean that you've decided the person you mentioned previously (Aaron Raphael Cohen, b. 1921) is not the right one?
                          http://forum.casebook.org/showpost.p...8&postcount=79
                          Hi Chris, not exactly there is the possibilty that Aaron Cohen changed his name, as many people do, this is so difficult !! I contacted a person from my childhood who knew Eddie very well and ths person gave me this new name, also the address.

When all this happened with Eddie I was 12 and now I am 47, this was a very long time ago, I am working from memory and the fact is I class myself of having a good memory ! If I am wrong about Aaron Cohen I will apoligise imideatly, I clearly rember Eddie telling me that he was going to earn a lot of money for something that his relatives had done in the pass !!

This is like finding a neddle in a haystack, all the best.

Niko

Comment

• Hello everybody !! still havn't found the needle !! everything that I research end's up in a dead end !! I'm starting to believe that all this dead end's are there intetionally. Here is the latest dead end.

Going back to the arch where I worked and found the knife, The british rail railway arch was the premisis used as a london taxi garage. My boss hired a cab to a Jew called John who worked the street's with the taxi, John's brother in law was a policeman who's beat inculded the street where the arch was, my boss would sometimes offer the policeman a cup of coffee and he would shelter himself from the cold.

One day my boss said to me "that copper seem's stupid !! cos everytime he comes in for a cup of coffee he start's stareing at the brickwork of the arch, as if he is looking for something" my boss was right because I myself had wittnessed that too !! One day John told me that his wife was a teacher at my school (I was 14 at the time and the afternoon's after school I worked in the garage and Saturday's all day) he told me that she would like to talk with me and to visit her at her classroom , so one afternoon I poped round to her class, she welcomed me and was very plesant. she said that I knew her husband and her brother the policeman. She asked me how I was doing in my studies and if I liked working in the Taxi garage, I replied that I was doing well in school and enjoyed working in the garage.

Now here comes the big question !! she then asked me the following question "has anything strange been found in the garage where I worked ?" strange like what I replied ? like a pair of sisscor's or a KNIFE !! I replied "NO" not that I know of But three year's later I did find something strange in the garage !! the KNIFE !!

This teacher left my school and became headmisstress of another school in my area, I contacted the school and also sent a friend of mine who is a preist to the school, the school told us that she had retired some year's back, we asked for her contact detail's but they denied us any information about her. another dead end !!

I) would love to talk with this teacher and ask her why the hell did she ask me if a pair of sisscor's or a KNIFE was found in the arch !! I'm 100& sure that she would shed some light on the knife that I found so many year's ago.

All the best,

Niko.

Comment

• This is a pretty funny thread. Why would Coram's knife end up buried under the railway arch? More likely Pipeman's knife that he hid after he chased down schwartz and needed to ditch. I would DEF look into this possibility Niko

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                                This is a pretty funny thread. Why would Coram's knife end up buried under the railway arch? More likely Pipeman's knife that he hid after he chased down schwartz and needed to ditch. I would DEF look into this possibility Niko
                                Rocky might be funny to you but I'm totally serious !! I leave you to look up Schwartz as I am uninterested in him !!

We all know that Thomas Coram found a bloodstained knife with a hankerchief wrapped around the handle secured with a thin string along the Whitechapel road where pc Drage was on fixed position nearly 24 hour's after the double event.

We all know that the knife Coram found was exhibited at Stride's inquest.

We all know that the Coram knife was in posession of the police for many year's.

We all know that the Coram knife went missing from police custody !! I was told probably taken by a souvinier hunter.

I know that a few year's before I found the knife in the arch that the police were searching the arch floor with metal detector's.

i know when I found the knife it had a rotten cloth wrapped around the handle secured with a thin string.( the Coram knife had a hankerchief secured with a thin string)

I know that the knife has three notches carved into the side of the handle.

T know that the knife was fabricated before 1900.

I know that every lead that I research end's up in a dead end.

Rocky if you think this thread is funny after you read the next paragraph you will think this thread is hilarious

I see that everyone express their opinion's and hipothesis freely on this forum so I will do the same.

I understand the many policeman were freemason's if not all back in 1888, This is a hipothesis of mine, Let's say that the Royal family, the British goverment, the police and the freemason's were all worried of the disputes that the working population were creating in 1888 !! their worries were that they thought that a revolution could break out just as some year's earlier had happened in France !!

So the Royal family, the goverment, the freemason's and the police working together planed and executed the whole story of Jack the Ripper to distract the population especially that of the East end who were disputeing and organising rally's to protest on their terrible working condition's,

So this four mentioned parties acted out all the murder's and filled the East End with policemen !! thus the population were now more worried of this maniac on the loose that fighting for their right's, remember that the majority of the working popultion of the East End worked in semi slavery codition's.

Any way !! thing's calmed down the murderer was never caught and funny enogh the working codition's bettered !! Funny thing that the Berner club where stride was suposed to have been murdered played an important role of creating the first working union's of London and the world I supose.

If this hipothesis is true, we will never know who Jack the Ripper was as the mentioned four parties are still acting thier role and making sure that the truth remain's well burried !! hence my dead end's !!

My personal opinion is that ET was the murderer !!

All the best.

Niko.

Gora Euskadi !! viva France and the rest of the world too !!

Comment

Working...
                                X