Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren interview in the New York Herald

Hello all,

Here is an interesting interview with Warren, from a reporter with the New York Herald, repeated in the Omaha Sunday Bee Nov 14th 1888.
    He refers to his resignation, and following up of clues about the Whitechapel murderer, including references to the Malay theory, dragging a canal, slaughterers, a cook and a butcher.

Interestingly, when asked about Monro's resignation, he says that "If Mr. Monro, who has special charge of the detectives, says he resigned on account of a difference of opinion with me, this is the first I know of it."

Zoom in to 100% for clearer results.

best wishes

Phil
    Last edited by Phil Carter; 04-30-2010, 06:45 AM.
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Thanks Phil, for sharing that with us. I, for one think its good we are learning so much more about the men at the top. I know its been a hot potato as of late but information is getting through despite the rhetoric.

Sir Charles seemed to keep the heat off of Anderson for a while as all of the slings and arrows were aimed at him and not so much his deputy who was absent through the bulk of the series.

Dragging a canal... wonder what that was all about?
    Best Wishes,
    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Working...
    X