Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Official Could catch the Whitechapel Murderer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Official Could catch the Whitechapel Murderer ?

It's Friday once more and i feel another poll coming on :

This one is a hypothetical one and,of course this could never have happened in 1888,but,if you were to make a choice,which official in either the Met or City police do you think would have caught JtR having been given more time etc etc ?

Only one vote each,and remember this is a fun poll only :
    Sir Robert Anderson
    13.33%
    Supt Thomas Arnold
    0.00%
    Chief Insp George Littlechild
    0.00%
    Sir Melville Macnaghten
    0.00%
    James Monro
    6.67%
    Chief Insp Henry Moore
    0.00%
    Major Henry Smith
    0.00%
    Chief Insp Donald Swanson
    0.00%
    Sir Charles Warren
    6.67%
    None of them
    73.33%
    Last edited by halomanuk; 04-03-2009, 01:42 PM.

Well,that was easy!

Comment

Originally posted by halomanuk View Post
      It's Friday once more and i feel another poll coming on :

This one is a hypothetical one and,of course this could never have happened in 1888,but,if you were to make a choice,which official in either the Met or City police do you think would have caught JtR having been given more time etc etc ?

Only one vote each,and remember this is a fun poll only :

Where's Det Insp Abberline? Just asking.
      http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

That would have made it too easy for newbies,and also he wasn't ranked high enough..this is for senior officials only,who would have controlled the investigation.

Comment

Mr.Hyde

That would have made it too easy for newbies,and also he wasn't ranked high enough..this is for senior officials only,who would have controlled the investigation.
          Moore and Abberline held same rank.
          So did Walter Andrews and James McWilliams.
          Happy with my choice-none of them.

Comment

Well, OK, far be it from me to get in the way of 'newbies' having a go. Although they should be aware that James Munro was more interested in Fenians than he was in Jack. He was the Asst MEPO Comm until Jack started and was not an official but still consulted during Nicholls and Kelly. Just to clarify. Can I vote now or is the poll only for newbies?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde View Post
              Moore and Abberline held same rank.
              So did Walter Andrews and James McWilliams.
              Happy with my choice-none of them.

Yes but Abberline was only promoted to Chief Inspector in 1890,he wasn't that in 1888.

Comment

Originally posted by Nothing to see View Post
                Well, OK, far be it from me to get in the way of 'newbies' having a go. Although they should be aware that James Munro was more interested in Fenians than he was in Jack. He was the Asst MEPO Comm until Jack started and was not an official but still consulted during Nicholls and Kelly. Just to clarify. Can I vote now or is the poll only for newbies?
                Entirely up to you..

Comment

Since this is a fun poll I think Mr. Bean.
                  Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                  M. Pacana

Comment

I've voted for Warren. Only because he's my pin-up and I've got a crush on him. (The mentality of some posters on a Friday afternoon! Isn't it disgraceful!)

Comment

Originally posted by Varqm View Post
                      Since this is a fun poll I think Mr. Bean.
                      At this point in time I'm with you man, Mr Bean. Explains everything.

However, I won't get in the way of the survey.

Mr Bean.

Comment

Mr.Hyde

Yes but Abberline was only promoted to Chief Inspector in 1890,he wasn't that in 1888.
                        Macnaghten was not on the case.
                        He wrote a report in 1894.
                        Abberline was an Inspector First Class in 1888.That makes him ineligible?

Comment

Anderson would have caught the Ripper if only he could spare some time on the case!

Comment

I voted for "none," which I see is winning by far. Who would have actually caught the Ripper, rather than just taking credit for it? Obviously, someone who was out hitting the streets, and that was Abberline. Movies depict him as being directly partnered with George Godley and operating as a two man team, and that's not accurate. But Abberline was out there. He walked the streets at night. He knelt down in Millers Court to probe the ashes in the fireplace. He was getting his hands dirty. The most likely person to have caught the Ripper would have been some unknown PC catching him in the act, but short of that it was Abberline all the way.

Comment

Since it's just for fun, I'd hesitate between Major Smith and Sir Robert. Mr Bean seems Lars Van Trier when compared to those.

Comment

Working...
                              X