No announcement yet.

Did Anderson Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think "poppycock" a very apt word for the spymaster"s 1910 solution to the Whitechapel Murders of 1888.
    His "disinformation" pack amounted to a very simple equation:
    lowclass Polish Jew from Whitechapel in loony bin= Jack the Ripper-even Swanson could follow that unaided.

Comment

Hi Norma,

Neatly put.

From the content of Swanson's reports nobody could accuse him of being swift.

Regards,

Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Simon -

Comment

True. Those who believe in Kosminski should forget Anderson and Swanson first.

"Quand l'aveugle s'appuie sur le boiteux, il ne va jamais très loin."

Comment

Hi Norma,

I love you.

Simon

Comment

Houlà! Nous voilà en terrain glissant...
              M'escàpi...
              Mais bien fait pour la (sale) gueule d'Anderson.
              Eût-il vécu de nos jours, je le vois télé-évangéliste.

Comment

Hi David,

Something got lost in the translation.

Kind regards,

Simon

Comment

Good Lord! There is a "translation-machine"?
                  I'm lost!

Comment

David-thats exact.We have "the blind leading the blind" but its not quite so pertinent!
                    Simon- v.thankful you are here too: laugh3:-oops-it didnt work!

Comment

• David-
                      Anderson?---quel casse-pieds!

Comment

• Norma cara mia,
                        Not sure Simon was refering to this post!
                        And no doubt you both know the unforgatable Brughel too...

Comment

• Stewart,

I am somewhat concerned that those who lack "scholarly training" may question the provenance of your most recent post. Of course, their challenges will be "unbelievable poppycock"; and like you, "I am astounded that this nonsense is still current". But, you can never be too "scholarly".

So, if I may (modifications emboldened) ...

"As an unscholarly plebian I must never challenge the 'carefully evaluated conclusions' of Fido* and Begg*.

I must, at some time, put some study into the subject of Anderson* and his life, and I must not raise any doubts as to his honesty and belief in the truth of what he said. Perhaps then, like others who 'have made a more detailed study', I shall know what sort of man he was.

I must not make the wrong interpretation of words uttered by Anderson in interviews given (notably omitted from certain books). Perhaps, given proper scholarly study, I may begin to understand what he meant.

I am obviously missing something somewhere in not realising that a total non-suspect is the best bet to have been the real 'Ripper'*. Give me time, I'll get back to the 1987 books and study them."

SPE

Continuing from page 138

"I must never cast any doubt on the 'Swanson marginalia' and if I note (as others apparently failed to do in 1987/88) discrepancies in such unimpeachable sources then I must totally ignore such discrepancies in case noting them may cast some sort of doubt on them. Mum's the word!

It's that damned lack of scholarly training again, I do feel such an idiot, in fact I must remember not to write on this subject again or I shall further expose my lack of such training and failure to carry out proper research.

Anyway teacher, it's back to the drawing board for me, and you new folk just set to reading the carefully evaluated works of Messrs. Fido and Begg and don't get suckered in by unread and careless commentators like me."

SPE

*Forenames "Martin", "Paul", "Robert" and "Jack" deleted to alleviate the confusion that such unimportant details can generate - especially in those instances where the forename can be so difficult to recollect or spell properly: e.g. "Aaron".

Now Stewart,

If you can inject some confused university nomenclature and a reference to your "scholarly training" of some eighteen-to-twenty years past (knowing of course, that you won't be receiving that training for another seven-or-eight years to come), I think you'll be OK.

Colin
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Septic Blue.gif
Views:	112
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	654522

Oooops, I almost forgot ...

CCR

I wouldn't want to forget that I actually typed this myself !!!
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2008, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• Simon, Norma!
                            I love you both!
                            1/ can't be translated
                            2/ Provençal, meaning: I'm escaping
                            3/ No Anderson's relatives around?
                            4/ One more burger for the reverend.

Comment

• Hi David,

You French are so . . . je ne sais quoi.

Tell me about the unforgettable Brueghel.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Hi Simon,
                                that's "the parabola of the blinds" (just as Norma put it), or, if you prefer, Anderson guiding Swanson...
                                I enjoy this moment, exchanging with you and polluting Anderson's thread (sorry, it's late, and even later in East Africa)...but if I give no news suddenly, don't worry, it would be because of electricity, whatever, that's Addis Ababa (God bless).

Comment

Working...
                                X