No announcement yet.

Did Anderson Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont be so foolish as to talk about Anderson having proof of any kind for goodness sake Phil! How could you suggest Anderson needed to provide proof! Or evidence of any kind whatever!!! Now you are really scraping the barrel!

No Proof
    No evidence
    Queer talk about strange ID"s in the loony bin
    Jack becomes Kosminski
    and Swanson knocked down with a feather!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
      That is exactly why I responded by thanking Stewart and responded with the basics.
      Thank God Stewart is the basics despite the fact that he may be a little burned out right now. I've never known him to make a claim without evidence to back it up or at least to give an opinion that was based on a proper analysis of the information at hand.
      Best Wishes,
      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Thanks for your reply Rob.
        You say none of this is in the least confusing but actually Anderson"s criterion for "moral proof" is very idiosyncratic.Its as though he is some kind of legal magician who can,simply by by staring hard at someone, eyeball to eyeball in his private office, discover their guilt from their trembling , sweating and falling in a faint.
        But surely 99% of the population would fall in a dead heap when Anderson fixed his mad eyed beam on them?

Comment

• I am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong here but isnt it a fact that Kosminski didnt come to the notice of the police until 1889. For the incident involving his sister.

If that is correct then the police would not have been watching him or his brothers house in 1888.

Comment

• Hello Hunter,

The comment I gave is made up of fact. Either he knew and never produced proof, or he didnt know, or he may have known, still without producing proof.
            That is as far as it goes. All else is supposition, guesswork and interpretation.
            He admitted himself to have bended the law, he has been shown to be careful with the truth and he was a spymaster.

No supposition, no opinion based on non or proper analysis of information at hand. All there, in black and white.

Edit..

Norma hahahhaha nice one! ...:- Anderson... innocent as a new-born lamb eh?...baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh... (humbug)

best wishes

Phil
            Last edited by Phil Carter; 03-22-2010, 02:07 AM.
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

• Good point Trev.
              Best Norma

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                Good point Trev.
                Best Norma
                I do have some use on here !

Comment

• Yes indeed....but will you ever get a straight answer to your question? I doubt it Trevor.Its always a riddle within a riddle somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                    Yes indeed....but will you ever get a straight answer to your question? I doubt it Trevor.Its always a riddle within a riddle somehow.

Seems some want to argue for the sake of arguing

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                      I am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong here but isnt it a fact that Kosminski didnt come to the notice of the police until 1889. For the incident involving his sister.

If that is correct then the police would not have been watching him or his brothers house in 1888.
                      That is an excellent point Trevor, and with Anderson we don't know what is conjecture or "ascertained facts". The mention, however, of the City CID survelance comes from Swanson and as I've stated, if it indeed happened, then Major Smith would have known about it.
                      Best Wishes,
                      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                        That is an excellent point Trevor, and with Anderson we don't know what is conjecture or "ascertained facts". The mention, however, of the City CID survelance comes from Swanson and as I've stated, if it indeed happened, then Major Smith would have known about it.
                        For once I agree with you Major Smith is pivotal to the whole argument. He seems to have been the only police officer who was honest about the whole Ripper investigation.

All of the others had ulterior motives for suggesting various people as suspects

Comment

• I think we're on the same page too, on this one, Trevor. We also ageed about the profiling aspect as well, so I would venture that we agree more than disagree about much about this case.
                          Best Wishes,
                          Hunter

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                            I think we're on the same page too, on this one, Trevor. We also ageed about the profiling aspect as well, so I would venture that we agree more than disagree about much about this case.
                            Well thats nice to know we are bonding and forming stronger Anglo American ties

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                              Hi Norma,

Anderson defended his reputation right to the bitter end.

The Lighter Side Of My Official Life, page 281—

"I retired when I did for the excellent reason that after forty busy years I felt a strong desire for a more restful life. And, moreover, I had nothing to gain by remaining longer in office."

The perfect end to the perfect career.

Whereas, in fact, in February 1901 Anderson was sacked/fired/let go/asked to resign as Assistant Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, CID.

He kept that one quiet.

Regards,

Simon
                              Now that I did not know Simon! Hmmn------very interesting indeed.Many Thanks,
                              Best
                              Norma

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                                For once I agree with you Major Smith is pivotal to the whole argument. He seems to have been the only police officer who was honest about the whole Ripper investigation.

All of the others had ulterior motives for suggesting various people as suspects
                                Oh please get real. What planet are you guys on.

This thread has again descended into fantacy.

Major Smith was nothing of the sort

Pirate

Comment

Working...
                                X