How Are The Mighty Fallen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack
    Yes I to am bemused by Simons track record? He does appear to have come up with some fairly bizarre stuff in the last year. However the "Great wizard" has told me to pay respect as sometimes he apparently comes up with the odd gem?
    I don't know if Begg actually said this or you, but I wholeheartedly agree. I would not be in the least surprised if Simon unearthed something very, very important in the case. In fact, I'd put him towards the top of the list of people most likely to do so. Of course, in the interim we must suffer Eddowes in a boat, his nurturing of less deserving cranks such as Perry Mason, and the like.

Originally posted by Pirate Jack
    Oh come on TOM, we all know who runs decisions in Admin. The fact that there are those in admin who wish to have an excuse to ban my posts is hardly new territory? Especially given the large number of threats in my PM box?
    If you're right, it's strange the people who annoy her the most aren't banned sooner...or permanently. But I don't really pay attention to that stuff. Of all the message boards I've frequented over the years, Casebook is far and away the most lenient. Don't get me wrong, I've received my fair share of warnings over the years, but thinking back they were all from Stephen, with one or two from Erin, when she was a moderator. None directly from Ally.

Originally posted by Pirate Jack
    I am slowly becoming a Tom Wescott FAN!
    The Great Wizard would never stand for it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
      Then perhaps Norma you would like to explain to everyone precisely where Martin Fido got it wrong?

It should be an interesting essay as even the 'Begg' has declined to do so?

Pirate
      But Jeff, Ally has just done so ,quite wonderfully in just a few words! Just read her post-that I reposted here just now.It says it all.
      Norma

Comment

• Zounds, Stewart!

You swore on Robert Anderson's sacred salt-cellar from Tsarevitch Nicholas that under pain of death you would never reveal the existence of our fraternity.

Hey Wormwood,

Tell Screwtape to watch this space.

Hey Elphaba Thropp,

Do you offer spanking vouchers?

Hey Nats,

Never mind. My next question is merely a fantasy . . .

Hey Tom,

Boats aside, you are molto perspicace. Pazienza, caro ragazzo.

Regards,

Simon [O.A.R.]
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
          No, it's all about whom you feel is the best suspect. And make no mistake, suspect is all you'll ever have.

I suggest that you look back over the published record and see what has been said about Charles Warren, Henry Smith, Henry Matthews, Melville Macnaghten and many others. I would venture to suggest that I have read more about Anderson than you ever have.
          Im not talking about published records. Im talking about these messageboards.

Read more about Anderson than myself? Hold on until I undo my flies and start a pissing competition with you.

"So Caz, "parity of information " per suspect doesnt really figure does it .
          why ? Especially as this book claims to present, presumably objectively, only "The Facts".
          Which facts about whom ?"

Natalie, its an unfair comparison. Ostrog is pretty much a non starter to investigate. Chapman wasnt a serious police suspect at the time, apart from an interview given by Abberline to the newspaper. Tumblety wasnt much of a suspect either, we have one letter to a journalist(still, it was enough to write a book). The only fair and proper comparison you make is Druitt's lack of parity of information to Kosminski's.

Comment

• Hi Jason C.,

Good news.

Charisma by-pass operations can now be reversed.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• [QUOTE=jason_c;130130]Im not talking about published records. Im talking about these messageboards.

Read more about Anderson than myself? Hold on until I undo my flies and start a pissing competition with you.

Do try and behave Jason..........

....you better watch out too or the men in white coats will be arriving with the hurry up cart for you next if you start talking like that.......!

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood
                Please, speak American.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                  Zounds, Stewart!

You swore on Robert Anderson's sacred salt-cellar from Tsarevitch Nicholas that under pain of death you would never reveal the existence of our fraternity.

Hey Wormwood,

Tell Screwtape to watch this space.

Hey Elphaba Thropp,

Hey Nats,

Never mind. My next question is merely a fantasy . . .

Hey Tom,

Regards,

Simon [O.A.R.]
                  Hi Tom

I have NOT a clue what Simon is going on about. However Both Paul and Stuart claim he is something called 'OLD SCHOOL' I'm not certain if that means "OLD SCHOOL" in the music/ drug culture sence? But I think us 'KIDS" have to except this statement ?

Pirate

PS Norma, you are out of order! Begg has never said Anderson would NOT lie! you know this but continue with your false claim. Either provide proof or apologuize. I'm NOT going to let this one go! so we have a long week ahead of us!

Pirate
                  Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 04-08-2010, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Hi Jeff,

"I have NOT a clue what Simon is going on about."

No surprises there, then.

Ask Screwtape.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• [QUOTE 'secret cabal'[/QUOTE]

Their main weapon is surprise. Just suprise.

best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Hey Elphaba Thropp,

Yes but they are redeemed by my flying monkeys.

O.A.R=Old, Ancient Rippersaurs
                        All up the creek without a paddle.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Jeff,
                          I am only to happy to apologise to Paul . OK, Paul,you did not say ,"Anderson would not lie" . My sincere apologies .
                          Nevertheless ,the thrust of Paul"s argument in "The Facts" certainly leads the reader to draw the conclusion that Anderson was there,and even if he lied over other matters, Anderson would not have lied regarding Jack the Ripper .
                          Ally put it so well tonight, I wont repeat it, as its there to read a few posts back. Clearly Anderson could have lied over this matter---maybe under the misguided notion that he was protecting the reputation of the police, who knows, but I know and you know and Paul knows that it was no "definitely ascertainable fact", and that was a lie for a start.

Anderson might well have "been there" --- though he seemed always to be on holiday when the murders happened!
                          Anyway , in his chapter on Kosminski , Paul says, he was there and he was " in a position to know" ? Strange then that Henry Smith states emphatically that nobody knew then or twenty years later who the ripper was.Abberline says similar things in 1903. Why would these men ---and others, lie ,if in fact it was known ?
                          Last edited by Natalie Severn; 04-08-2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack
                            However Both Paul and Stuart claim he is something called 'OLD SCHOOL'
                            A little known fact is that although Stewart had an interest in the Ripper murders back in the 60's, it wained, and he did not begin his Ripper/true crime obsession in earnest until about 1986, only 9 years before the Lodger came out. Simon on the other hand was publishing on the Ripper way back in the 1970's.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                              A little known fact is that although Stewart had an interest in the Ripper murders back in the 60's, it wained, and he did not begin his Ripper/true crime obsession in earnest until about 1986, only 9 years before the Lodger came out. Simon on the other hand was publishing on the Ripper way back in the 1970's.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                              Hi Tom

Yes, there appears to have been an 'old Skool' collective of which Simon was a part. Richard Jones also...

All i can say is 'Respect' I wish i was there. I don't wish to give the impression that I'm not grateful for what these guys did? 'on the shoulders' and all that. My natural instincts are that of a fan!

Pirate

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                                Jeff,
                                I am only to happy to apologise to Paul . OK, Paul,you did not say ,"Anderson would not lie" . My sincere apologies .
                                Thank you, that will do for now

Pirate

Comment

Working...
                                X