Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But you put it so nicely,How!

Comment

• Quite right Simon, I didnt read Norma's post closely enough.

RH

Comment

• Hi Rob,

No harm, no foul. We're cool.

Hi Norma,

Howard always puts it nicely. Philadelphia is the City of Brotherly Love.

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Thankyou Rob.I remember how nice it was to meet you back in 2008 and I was impressed when you talked about the research you had done----and I noticed then how sensitive you were about your approach to it!
          Best Wishes
          Norma

Comment

• Cheers Simon,
            To 2010!
            Norma
            x

Comment

• Hi Chris,

As requested, I've moved this away from the Dew thread.

If as you say it's unlikely that Anderson's suspect, Aaron Kosminski, was the Ripper, who were the Jew "caged in an asylum" in Blackwoods magazine, the Polish Jew in the book TLSOMOL who could not be "brought to justice" and went nowhere near an asylum, and the suspect named Kosminski who was identified as the Ripper at the Seaside Home and sent to Colney Hatch asylum?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                If as you say it's unlikely that Anderson's suspect, Aaron Kosminski, was the Ripper, who were the Jew "caged in an asylum" in Blackwoods magazine, the Polish Jew in the book TLSOMOL who could not be "brought to justice" and went nowhere near an asylum, and the suspect named Kosminski who was identified as the Ripper at the Seaside Home and sent to Colney Hatch asylum?
                Obviously, I think all three refer to Aaron Kozminski.

Comment

• The bulk of Andersons "opinions"/Statements/Interviews about the killer seemed to have evolved from the report he got from Dr Bond following the murder of Kelly. Bond attempts to give an "opinion" as to the killers persona

Now it seems to me that everyhting connected to most of the Ripper suspects seems to be based on nothing more than someones opinion which from an evidential point of view isnt worth the paper its written on. No one has ever been convicted on someones opinion.

I would be the first to agree that these "opinions" should be investigated but as we all know they have already been investigated many times over by many different people and the result has still been the same.

I am sad to see the same issues being discussed on here over and over again with the same result.

My foray into the world of Ripperology several years ago was not to just try to prove who JTR was but also to try to prove who he wasnt to that end I personally wil say that from that perspective I beleive we can safely eliminate. Tumblety,Kosminski,Chapman, Druitt, and Uncle Tom cobbly and all.

"The truth is still out there"

Comment

• Hi All,

It's frustrating to find that wherever you look in search of something to substantiate Anderson's truthfulness you are invariably met with obfuscation.

Richard Pigott's signed confession, dated 23rd February 1889, witnessed by George Augustus Sala

" . . . I grieve to have to confess that I simply fabricated them [the Parnell letters], using genuine letters of Messrs. Parnell and Egan in copying certain words, phrases, and general character of the handwriting. I traced some words and phrases by putting the genuine letter against the window and placing the sheet on which I wrote over it . . ."

Sir Robert Anderson, Sidelights on the Home Rule Movement, preface dated January 30, 1907

"Pigott, I repeat, had no part in writing the [Parnell] letter, and he believed it to be genuine. The hand that wrote it was that of Arthur O'Keefe, assistant sub-editor of Mr William O'Brien's paper, United Ireland, who was arrested under Forster's Act, on December 15, 1881, and imprisoned with Parnell in Kilmainham."

"And as regards the Parnell "facsimile letter" of May 15, 1882, I have received definite confirmation of my statement that it is in the handwriting of Arthur O'Keefe. I have obtained further proof, moreover, that at that period O'Keefe was employed by Mr. Parnell as an amanuensis."

"My information about such matters was seldom at fault . . ."

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Heavens Simon! Surely this must be a mistake.
                      Seriously the whole Anderson saga gets stranger and stranger---no wonder he had Jack the Ripper popping out of loony bins,dead soon after, buried and dug up again to be identified as Jack at the policeman"s seaside rest home and to then live harmlessly on another 25 years or so ! A stranger tale was never told.
                      Now we get Pigott dug up again ---only to learn from Anderson "he never did do it" even though Pigott said he did do it -in at least two confessions before he topping himself in 1889-wierd stuff this....!

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                        Seriously the whole Anderson saga gets stranger and stranger---no wonder he had Jack the Ripper popping out of loony bins,dead soon after, buried and dug up again to be identified as Jack at the policeman"s seaside rest home and to then live harmlessly on another 25 years or so !
                        I don't think Anderson ever stated that the suspect was dead. It's the Swanson marginalia which say incorrectly that Kosminski died shortly after being committed to Colney Hatch.

Comment

• Yes Chris,I think you may be right---- one of the reasons presumably why Martin Fido took it that the suspect could not have been Kosminski---who was in there ,alive and harmless ,for nearly 30 years!

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                            Yes Chris,I think you may be right---- one of the reasons presumably why Martin Fido took it that the suspect could not have been Kosminski---who was in there ,alive and harmless ,for nearly 30 years!
                            That couldn't have had anything to do with the marginalia, because Martin Fido didn't know about them when he wrote his book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              That couldn't have had anything to do with the marginalia, because Martin Fido didn't know about them when he wrote his book.
                              Well ok Martin Fido thought Kosminski"s case history revealing a harmless non violent individual didnt fit him for JtR, whereas the David Cohen patient Martin favoured ,was extremely violent and aggressive from the moment he went to Colney Hatch and was restrained there most of the time.
                              Last edited by Natalie Severn; 01-13-2010, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• Martin did not understand Schizophrenia as it is understood today by people with knowledge of the condition. From what I've heard he was miss lead by people who claimed to be experts on mental health at that time.

Pirate

Comment

Working...
                                X