• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Hi David,

Sorry, you've lost me.

Would this explain what?

Regards,

Simon
    Hi Simon,

that was just musing...
    The (uncertain) point was: Anderson was the only officer to find the case "unimportant" in 1888, as you suggest.
    Then he became the only officer to claim the case solved.

Did Anderson's mind work like that: "Ok, true, I wasn't in London, I know I should have been, but no matter, for the case has been solved anyway, and the ripper safely caged, etc".

In short, was he minimizing the "mistake" he made remaining out of London until after the double event ?
    Perhaps... That could also explain why he insisted that London had ever been safe, ripper or not, during the automn-of-no-terror.

Amitiés,
    David

Comment

• Originally posted by perrymason View Post
      I believe David is suggesting that the cases were not considered important enough during the actual "spree". They only became important when they started to cite specific names and references as Suspects....years after the crimes had occurred.

If thats a sound take on Davids question...I would think the unprecedented allocation of Police manpower and funding during the crimes themselves might negate that idea.

Best regards
      Hi Mike,

how can you say so ?... I really don't know...
      It was about Anderson himself and Anderson only...

How could I deny the "unprecedented allocation of police manpower" ?
      I'm ignorant, but not that much, my friend.
      You shouldn't ignore that.

Amitiés,
      David

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
        Not according to Simon, who suggests Anderson had several irons in the fire.
        And I believe he was quite right to suggest such a thing since we know Anderson was in Europe while an investigation into an assassination attempt on Balfour was being executed. I only reminded of the "official line", not what was likely really going on with him.

His forte from day one in London was dealing with Fenian matters.

Best regards

Comment

• Hi All,

Let's not forget that Anderson was on the continent "for his health" and not in any official capacity.

And if we believe that, we seriously need a reality check.

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• My, isn't post-modernism getting infectious around here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
              My, isn't post-modernism getting infectious around here?
              Hi Scott,

Post modernsim? Wouldnt revisionist theory suggest that there was indeed a sound existing explanation of events already in place?

I wonder if you then have some explanation why senior investigators named different officials as being responsible for the foiling of the Balfour Plot in France and scaring off General Millen, a double agent, and also following Roger McKenna, a Fenian operative...Anderson says it was Williamson who was sent there, Monro says it was Inspector Melville, and that Williamson was the following year.

As Simon has demonstrated, we know Anderson who left for "rest" in Switzerland was summoned back from Paris.

Best regards
              Last edited by Guest; 01-04-2010, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Hi Scott,

If you're up a blind alley [the current location of Ripperology] the only thing to do is turn around, go back to where the alley began and take another direction, so I prefer to think of it as post-rationalism.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Simon,

Or post-robberyism?

best wishes

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

• Will a few posters on this thread get yourselves a room.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                      Will a few posters on this thread get yourselves a room.
                      Youre just witnessing the wheat being separated from the chaff.....not any conspiracy

Best regards

Comment

• Nicely put, Michael. I wasn't going to be quite so gracious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                          Nicely put, Michael. I wasn't going to be quite so gracious.
                          In case youve missed it, Ive made a New Years resolution in this area.....spurious counter arguments and off handed dismissals will be met head on.....and not always in such a nice way.

Its time to stop being impeded making any progress due to nonsensical arguments and whimsical dismissals of potentially vital information.

I think that will help people like us, and Phil, and Lynn, and others who think that correct answers are far more relevant than failed hypothesis and unfounded beliefs.

My best regards mate

Comment

• And you have my full and formidable support, Michael, for such a noble resolution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                              And you have my full and formidable support, Michael, for such a noble resolution.
                              I know who I can count on to stand tall AP....and you and Simon are at the top of that list.

My respect and thanks mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                                And you have my full and formidable support, Michael, for such a noble resolution.

I bet Mike"s squirming a bit after that reposte Ap

Comment

Working...
                                X