Descendants of Abberline's Siblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descendants of Abberline's Siblings

Has anyone tried tracing the descendants of Abberline's siblings as a possible route to the elusive photo?

I have had a look on the internet today, and as far as I can see, he had at least 4 siblings: -

Elizabeth b 1834 Salisbury
    Emily Dinah b 1836 Salisbury
    Miriam Harriett b 1838 Blandford
    Edward b 1839 Blandford

It appears that Elizabeth died young, and Harriett never married, which leaves Emily and Edward.

Emily married James Rice in 1865 and had three children: -

Ada Miriam Jane b 1867 Lambeth
    Frederick J b 1873 Newington
    Henry b 1877 Newington

Not sure if any of these married - on the 1901 census they are living together running a butchers shop in Croydon.

Edward married Helen [Ellen] McKay in 1871 and had three children: -

Helen b 1871 Farnham
    Cora b 1873 Chatham
    Edward b 1875 Malta

Of these Helen died in infancy.

Cora married Henry [Harry] Lindley in 1896, and they had at least two children: -

Harry b 1899 Greenwich
    Edward b 1900 Greenwich

Edward Abberline jr married Lily Beard in 1911 and they had six children: -

Violet H b 1911 Lewisham
    Grace L b 1913 Lewisham
    Edna M b 1915 Lewisham
    Edward b 1918 Lewisham
    Joyce K b 1925 Lewisham
    Richard J b 1929 Lewisham

I have found addresses for some of these people and several of their children, but am conscious that I may be going over old ground - does anyone know if these people have been contacted?

Thanks
    David

I think either Paul Begg or Keith Skinner or Don Rumbelow, or any two or three of the above, traced Abberline collateral descendants and found (a) they had no memorabilia, and (b) they were not delighted by Michael Caine's being made to enact him as a covert drinker. I can't remember who found the hand-written "Reminiscences"(the real ones that deal briefly with Monte Carlo and at length with a missing person case), nor where they found them.
    All the best,
    Martin F

Comment

Working...
    X