His so-called Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
    Not wanting to get involved here either- but 'A Match' and 'watermarked paper from the same stock' ??? you jest sir!
    Nope. If you want, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpl-r...eature=related
    Last edited by Vanillaman; 03-30-2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Source: The above information in fact comes from the US paperback edition of Patricia Cornwell’s book – the one with ‘Now Updated with New Material’ on the jacket, in which Patricia wrote on pg. 173: ‘Almost impossible to dismiss are discoveries Bower made after the initial publication of this book. Dr. Anna Gruetzner Robbins discovered a small number of Sickert letters at a Getty Research Institute in Santa Monica, California, and I went to see them. I made measurements of the stationery, described watermarks and the paper and sent the information to Bower. He was excitd enough about what he saw to travel from London to the Getty Institute and examine the original letters. His amazing discovery is this: Three Sickert letters written on his mother’s stationery and two Ripper letters come from a batch of twenty-four sheets of stationery with the watermark Gurney Ivory Laid.’

I think we were all awaiting an up date of Miss Cornwell's book? By my estimate it should have arrived last year. Yet its been very quiet. Very quiet indeed?

Pirate

Comment

Originally posted by Vanillaman View Post
        On the subject of handwriting, there was a recent analysis of one of the ripper letters and a known letter from Walter Sickert. Both were a match. Also, the watermarked paper on which both were written were proven to have come from the same stock, so it would be interesting to hear what people make of that?
        Considering that almost all the Ripper letters(if not all,depending on who you ask) were hoaxes, I would say all it could prove is that Sickert could be guilty of writing a JtR hoax letter.
        I'm a newbie...so be nice
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
          Easy. He tasted half of it with a sauce Madère.

Indeed. He placed them by design. In fact, he was a modern-designer.

He picked her up in his royal coach, and PC Hutt was ennobled soon after, becoming Sir George.

The only flaw in your theory.
          It was a Turkish madman.

Feel free to scratch your private part, my friend.
          DV. In the past I refused to respond to your pathetic, childish digs, especially because your cringingly embarrassing attempts to sound clever only drew attention to the sadness of your situation. I didn't respond not because I didn't want to, but because you offered absolutely nothing constructive for anyone to gain from. Sadly, I admit that it might be due to you being dyslexic or illiterate, since you obviously cannot read and therefore do not understand the whole point of forums, i.e. to generate `constructive' debate.

So, do remind us, "Who's the idiot?"
          Last edited by Vanillaman; 09-21-2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbanker31 View Post

Considering that almost all the Ripper letters(if not all,depending on who you ask) were hoaxes, I would say all it could prove is that Sickert could be guilty of writing a JtR hoax letter.
            I'm a newbie...so be nice
            Scott
            11 years on and I would just like to give this post an acknowledgement as the like option does not show who gives the credit.

This is exactly what happened.

Walter Sickert was drawn to the case of Jack The Ripper. As an artist with a fascination of the morbid and macabre. This case was like a flame to a moth for him. It is known he visited the crime scenes and often used the murders as inspiration for later works.

He would most likely fit the profile of what Hallie Rubenhold would imagine a modern Ripperologist to be. There was an unhealthy interest definitely.

It doesn’t mean he was Jack.
            Last edited by erobitha; 03-14-2021, 11:05 AM.
            Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
            JayHartley.com

Comment

Working...
            X