Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pathological Issues: Is It Perhaps What It Looks Like ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kate's Kidney

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    Perhaps two different people took the organs at the mortuary one more experienced than the other at organ removal "

Hi Trevor Marriott,

your hypothesis about the kidney being removed at the mortuary is intriguing, because that kidney is driving me nuts.
    In regards of the uterus, however, I believe it's unlikely, regardless who the perp was, as it would have been possible that this might have been checked at the scene, given that this had happened before - whether someone would have the idea to check at the scene or not is immaterial, as it would simply have presented the danger that such late organ removal would fly in the open. Also, whether it was the same killer or not, uterus-removal as part of the crime would make sense either way.

Comment

Careful, Dr. Brown

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Daniel. Thanks.

Contemporary.

My discussion of the kidney depends on this.

"The peritoneal lining was cut through on the left side and the left kidney carefully taken out and removed . . ."

What did Dr. Brown mean by carefully? Taken full strength, it looks almost professional compared to the uterus and the entrance to the body cavity--all hack and mangle.

Cheers.
      LC

Yes, see, I'm asking myself the same thing - on the surface Dr. Brown does answer my question by means of that word, 'carefully'. On the other hand, talking about the peritoneal lining being cut, which would be a given, and no word about fat and surrounding tissue other than 'carefully taken out' - I'd just like to know the exact state of how everything else looked at this spot. I'd be perfectly satisfied if not suffering from paranoia regarding Dr. Brown possibly wanting to make the perp sound very skilled.

Comment

in situ

Hello Daniel. Thanks.

Yes, I wish ALL of us could see the bodies in situ. It would, I think, be a real eye opener.

Any reason why Dr. Brown would wish the assailant to appear skilled?

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Hello Daniel. Thanks.

Yes, I wish ALL of us could see the bodies in situ. It would, I think, be a real eye opener.

Any reason why Dr. Brown would wish the assailant to appear skilled?

Cheers.
          LC

I suppose for Dr. Brown the question wasn't if the kidney was taken by the perp; so he had to assume great medical knowledge on the perp's behalf.
          Outside this it appears to be an argument between involved doctors all along, the question of skill, whether it's the skills of a butcher or of someone with more advanced anatomical [human anatomy] knowledge. Is all I meant. Opposing camps, which in itself is interesting.

Comment

skill

Hello Daniel. Thanks for clarifying.

Not sure if ANY who saw Nichols and Chapman thought them without skill. But--kidney notwithstanding--don't think ANY saw much skill with Kate.

Perhaps they looked in the wrong place?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

much

Hello Daniel. Thanks for clarifying.

Not sure if ANY who saw Nichols and Chapman thought them without skill. But--kidney notwithstanding--don't think ANY saw much skill with Kate.

Perhaps they looked in the wrong place?

Cheers.
              LC
              ...except me, apparently

Hate to keep harking on it, but so little time, and so much done, I can allow a little 'smudginess' - note, not time pressure as necessarily felt by the perp, but very little time as had passed.
              So I read the above - '...saw much skill with Kate' - with a stress on 'much' - surely there was some skill - can we give him that, at least?

Comment

'looked in the wrong place'...?

Comment

anatomy 101

Hello Daniel. Thanks.

Yes, the medicos thought ALL done by same hand. And, not only was the kidney removed carefully, but he knew WHERE to find it.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

understatement

Hello (again) Daniel. Thanks.

Umm, British understatement. Take no heed. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

The Heed

Hello (again) Daniel. Thanks.

Umm, British understatement. Take no heed. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                      LC

None taken. Heed, I mean

However, I prithee, Cates' Kidney, to excuse me for today.

How on earth did this thread turn into another kidney-thread, I wonder...

Comment

"Could be worse--could be stoned."

Hello Daniel. Thanks.

Be grateful we're not discussing apron pieces. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

goulston pieces

Hello Daniel. Thanks.

Be grateful we're not discussing apron pieces. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                          LC

I should be. I'm wearing my 'Goulston G.? - Get Outta Here' - T-shirt for a year now, it's getting hard to walk.

Comment

single malt

Hello Daniel. Thanks.

Indeed? What have you been drinking? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Hello Daniel. Thanks.

Indeed? What have you been drinking? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                              LC

T-shirt? A year? Bit stiff from grease?

I've been wondering: given your idea about Kate's murder, if one is considering the risk such a killer would take, the possibility of him being suspected not for one but for a number of murders if caught, and, mainly, his ability of not only being able to display some considerations about how a follow-up murder should look like [and thus actually propagating the idea of escalation], but indeed of carrying it out to these extents, which is not something one, you know, just does, what would you say about the mental health of such a person?

Comment

once

Hello Daniel. Thanks.

Whoever killed Kate--and for whatever reason--was clearly not well.

If he were suspected of one--or many--murders; and, were guilty of one--or many--surely he could be hanged only once?

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X