Older Then Younger Victims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    just off the top of my head, btk killed older and younger victims also. and the range was quite large ...young teen all the way to woman in her fifties.
    He also killed men, women and children.

Any range in Victimology and indiscriminate killing would suggest a larger, societal hatred, up to and including an element of Terrorism. The better word might be Spectacle Killer which would apply to Home Invaders.

I see elements of terror and/or the spectacular in the Ripper too but that should be for another thread because it doesn’t help profile the age of the Ripper or any female associate.
    Last edited by Lombro2; 03-29-2024, 02:29 AM.

Comment

I prefer your William Suff example from Modern Era thread. He started at age 39, killed 13 prostitutes, and they were all younger except for one who was a year older.

William Suff - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
        Detective Walter Dew, in his autobiography, claimed to have known Kelly well by sight. He described her as "quite attractive" and "a pretty, buxom girl".

That does not seem like a description of a woman who was in her forties.

Ever had an Irish waitress with a strong Irish accent who looks like she shouldn't have an accent and like she's "doing" an Irish accent and making fun of Irish people?

That means if Mary's 25, she likely won't look 25. I believe McCarthy who wasn't fooled or overly polite said 30. She could well be 35 but it's more important what age she looked like to Jack the Ripper if he was doing a Substitution.
        Last edited by Lombro2; 03-29-2024, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lombro2 View Post
          He also killed men, women and children.

Any range in Victimology and indiscriminate killing would suggest a larger, societal hatred, up to and including an element of Terrorism. The better word might be Spectacle Killer which would apply to Home Invaders.

I see elements of terror and/or the spectacular in the Ripper too but that should be for another thread because it doesn’t help profile the age of the Ripper or any female associate.
          hi lombro
          with btk, in his own words, it was all about the rope. the main thing with him was the pleasure he got from strangling and asphyxiating his victims. and william suff killed his own baby. and kemper, while mainly targeting coeds also killed his mom and her friend and his grandparents. while you can usually determine a serial killers sexual preference by their victims, i dont think you can ascertain their age by the age of the victims with any certainty. but generally i would think with serial killers they usually target victims their own age or younger? it would be an interesting research though to find the stats on that.

Comment

hi lombro
            with btk, in his own words, it was all about the rope. the main thing with him was the pleasure he got from strangling and asphyxiating his victims. and william suff killed his own baby. and kemper, while mainly targeting coeds also killed his mom and her friend and his grandparents. while you can usually determine a serial killers sexual preference by their victims, i dont think you can ascertain their age by the age of the victims with any certainty. but generally i would think with serial killers they usually target victims their own age or younger? it would be an interesting research though to find the stats on that.
            Hi Abby

I doubt that was true in Jack's case though. I think Jack was largely after easy prey.

Cheers John

Comment

Kemper’s and Suff’s age is easily ascertainable from their victims, not counting their family members who would point to them regardless of age. BTK went on for 16 years so he probably didn’t start at age 50. Homicidal guys like that, I think you’d just throw him in the conventional 30 category.

Anything is possible but I’m going with convention so I won’t discount a 25-50 year old serial killer with a 25 year old “trophy wife”.

Comment

... but generally i would think with serial killers they usually target victims their own age or younger? it would be an interesting research though to find the stats on that.
                Serial killer victims are generally slightly younger as well as being more white and less black. This comes from an Open Data Science 2016 article which is no longer available. The link doesn't work.Full article: Detecting a decline in serial homicide: Have we banished the devil from the details? (tandfonline.com)

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Hi Abby

I doubt that was true in Jack's case though. I think Jack was largely after easy prey.

Cheers John
                  agree. he was targeting prostitutes, whatever the age.

Comment

agree. he was targeting prostitutes, whatever the age.
                    That doesn’t preclude an older Ripper, does it? Or a girlfriend of any age between 25 and 47.
                    And it doesn’t preclude a Substitution Killing for a Significant Other, does it? Age doesn’t have even have to bear, as I said.

And if he’s a punter killing prostitutes, we have demographics on punters too which would again not rule out the ages being discounted.

Comment

That doesn’t preclude an older Ripper, does it? Or a girlfriend of any age between 25 and 47.
                      And it doesn’t preclude a Substitution Killing for a Significant Other, does it? Age doesn’t have even have to bear, as I said.

And if he’s a punter killing prostitutes, we have demographics on punters too which would again not rule out the ages being discounted.
                      Hi Lombro,

I think that he was posing as a punter, buy wasn't really a punter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post
                        Hi Lombro,

I think that he was posing as a punter, but wasn't really a punter.
                        Hi Lewis,

You’re right. You’re right. That makes more sense. I have him as an older guy whose regular punting days would have been over, so he’d just be posing, as you said.

Do you still buy young Lust Killer, symbolically or otherwise?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lust...0human%20being.

Comment

I have him as an older guy whose regular punting days would have been over, so he’d just be posing, as you said.
                          Discussions of this type usually founder on people's determination to see personality disorders as fixed and permanent. Maybe there was a time when that was the orthodoxy; but such a time is no more. It's no longer unknown for a psychiatrist to acknowledge that 50% of those with Borderline Personality Disorder can no longer be diagnosed after the age of 45: yes, the things the diagnostician looks for have gone away. More relevantly, most symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder -- psychopathy to you and I (though all of these terms and what they imply are very contested) -- disappear after the age of 40. So, basically, we're not gonna have 'older guys' doing this. Lechmere, by the way, was 39 in 1888.

And then, of course, there is the behavioural interconvertibility of the things that DSMV calls the Cluster B Personality Disorders. But why should I give everything away in one go?

M.

Comment

Hi Lewis,

You’re right. You’re right. That makes more sense. I have him as an older guy whose regular punting days would have been over, so he’d just be posing, as you said.

Do you still buy young Lust Killer, symbolically or otherwise?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lust...0human%20being.
                            Yes, I do, if "young" is understood to mean "under 45, and probably under 40".

Comment

Originally posted by Mark J D View Post
                              So, basically, we're not gonna have 'older guys' doing this. Lechmere, by the way, was 39 in 1888.

M.
                              Hello Mark,

It’s always good to talk to fellow Suspectologists. Mrs Lechmere was also 39. Does a Lechmerian discount an age-appropriate Substitution Killing by the Ripper for his wife?

Two of the older victims were said to look 10 years younger, so 35, but I think everyone does in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post
                                Yes, I do, if "young" is understood to mean "under 45, and probably under 40".
                                Jack is an obvious Combo Killer but I look for consistent behaviour in assessments, not dabbling behaviour like cannibalism or what can be interpreted as symbolic lust mutilations in two or three of the five. I go with consistent prostitute killing and spectacle killing or inciting of terror which is similar to mass murder which goes up in age range to 73.

The findings from The Violence Project's Mass Shooter Database are known worldwide. Explore the data we have pulled from our database as key insights.

I also look at major deviations like age. The Boston Strangler had a major deviation which was presumably just younger copycats going after victims they knew.

So again, I’m looking at the age of any significant other. Do you give him one and do you have an age bracket?

Comment

Working...
                                X