Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did JTR ever change his M.O. intentionally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously the area was rough and that's an understatement.

But even given that, there could also have been diffusion of responsibility at play. People are simply less likely to help when there are others around who also might. Pure speculation of course, but something similar might have occurred with Nichols and Chapman. Did the residents really hear nothing of the attack or did they just not come forward because they were embarrassed/afraid/indifferent that they did nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
      Obviously the area was rough and that's an understatement.

But even given that, there could also have been diffusion of responsibility at play. People are simply less likely to help when there are others around who also might. Pure speculation of course, but something similar might have occurred with Nichols and Chapman. Did the residents really hear nothing of the attack or did they just not come forward because they were embarrassed/afraid/indifferent that they did nothing?
      Hi Barnaby,I don't live in the best area in my town we have a few undesirables living nearby by every now and again we have a commotion in the street when I first moved in I would have a look out of the window i don't bother now it's a case of it must be so and so up to to no good again.I think in the case of eddowes murder the police man who lived in the house by mitre sqaure and the nightwatchman in the warehouse might have heard something and ignored it if they like me thought here we go again and when the seriousness of the crime became apparent to them are they going to say yes I heard something but ignored it a policeman certainly isn't.
      Last edited by pinkmoon; 05-05-2014, 03:10 AM.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

correlation

Hello John. Thanks.

"I'm not totally sure what you mean by killed EXTREMELY early."

Well, if he got more sloppy and random in his cuts when working earlier, then here were the sloppiest of all. Hence, my remark.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

no factor

Hello Gareth. Thanks. A bit of dessert?

Seriously, I don't think alcohol was a factor in these killings.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello Jeff, Caroline. I take it you have a ready made explanation for the parallel neck wounds on Polly and Annie?

Cheers.
            LC
            Hi Lynn and Caz

Sorry if I'm not about much to reply, I'm dont being rude but living between two places one of which has no internet.

But just to say I totally agree with what Caz is saying, and its something I've changed my mind on considerably over the past couple of years.

Serial Killers can and do vary their MO.

So I dont see the relatively small differences Lynn refers to as surprising at all. I think Jack attacked some of his victims from behind and some from the front.. So what?

Walter Drew always had Emma Smith as the first victim and its an idea I readily accept. Not because the MO is the same as the others but because as Caz say's its about mind set.

Jack was an opportunist. Its simply natural to develop and change the MO to meet opportunity.

Trust that clears up the different knife wounds? My argument would simply be, Yes they were different and thats what should be expected

Trust you both well

Yours Jeff

PS I'd be most surprised if alcohol or some similar catylists wasnt involved in these killings. It would make sense.

Comment

Seriously, I don't think alcohol was a factor in these killings.
              I don't either, Lynn, except that alcohol may have played an indirect part in many of them; more directly, perhaps, in the case of Kelly. The knowledge that her estranged boyfriend was lodging elsewhere, that she was "home-alone" and woozy/snoozy after a few ales would have been useful info for a would-be killer.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Seriously, I don't think alcohol was a factor in these killings.LC
                To Lynn

As I've said previously I think Jack is highly likely to have been a heavy drinker. However I think it's debatable as to how much drink would have effected the mutilations in terms of how clean the cuts were. Heavy drinkers do get used to operating when under the influence of drink.

Cheers John

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                  To Lynn

As I've said previously I think Jack is highly likely to have been a heavy drinker. However I think it's debatable as to how much drink would have effected the mutilations in terms of how clean the cuts were. Heavy drinkers do get used to operating when under the influence of drink.

Cheers John
                  Its quite common for people who suffer mental illness to have addictive personalities. While they are no more likely (or not much depending on which survey) to commit violent crime. They are more likely to drink.

Alcohol will also effect schizophrenics and Bi polar sufferers in different ways to people not suffering such conditions.

Yours Jeff

Comment

differences

Hello Jeff. Thanks.

Relatively small UNTIL you factor in Polly.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• agreed

Hello Gareth. Thanks.

Now THAT is where I can agree.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• disagreed

Hello John. Thanks.

Yes, we must respectfully disagree--about alcohol AND a Jack the Ripper.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          Hello Jeff. Thanks.

Relatively small UNTIL you factor in Polly.

Cheers.
                          LC
                          And only count the cannon (A McNaughten invention) rather than all teh victims

Yours Jeff

Comment

• dates

Hello Jeff. Thanks.

But where to begin and where to end? 1886 and 1891? !875 and 1900?

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello Jeff. Thanks.

But where to begin and where to end? 1886 and 1891? !875 and 1900?

Cheers.
                              LC
                              Same place as Swanson

Start with Smith end with Coles.

A couple of years back I started to dismiss Figg from the stripper tally. Largely because she was five years earlier but also because of the differences between the next three. Rees Tailford and Lockwood.

However if you study Barthelemy's autopsy info in Jack of Jumps, the position she was placed in was very similar of Figg, beyond coincidence.

There are marked differences. Barethelemy had had her four front teeth removed, something none of the other victims show apart from Ohara, all her teeth were taken.

The method of strangulation seems to differ in each case. Some of the victims struck violently, others not.

So a couple of different cuts in Jacks case trouble me not one jot really, as serial killers MO's vary enormously.

Trust that clarify's and all well

Jeff
                              Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 05-06-2014, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• To Lynn

I will agree to disagree about alcohol and a Jack the Ripper.

Cheers John

Comment

Working...
                                X